The keypad is good.... it also depends on users .... while camera pics depends on light conditions .... so, it takes excellent outdoors pics.... your opinion is incorrect in this case!
( USMAN )
The original picture ( taken at 1280 x 1024 pixels) has file size of 241KB ( see last picture ) .... While the previous 600KB sized pic is not original since i changed it vertically ( at 1024 x 1280 pixels)... and note that both pics are in same quality.... So, this is normal that your X700 takes pics at around 300KB file size!... Also file size depends on light conditions directly.... more light means more higher quality and size....
( USMAN )
hm well this cell is kool!!
one thing i must say abt tht .....
"its keypad is not made to send much sms :p
and secoundly tht the cam result is fantastic indoor! , but out door result sukks!!""
hi guys.pls solve my problem.hey..when i take pictures from my x700 it hardly manages a file size of 300kb(maximun)with rsolution of 1240*1020.but one ot two pictures shown here r measuring around 600kb.
since it is said that larger the file size greater is the quality of the pictures.thankz a lot.
hello usman i hope u r fine. most welcome brother.can u tell me the java applications websites for samsung except from getjar and tagtag.com. waiting for ur reply.
brother u can download javauploader from this link if u cant let me know ur email i will send it to u:
here u will find both softick ppp and javauploader. click on it n u will download it
To Aamir Ali:
You can read text/html/simple word files on X700 using Read Maniac lite software... This software creates jar files from above files which you can install into X700... Read my previous post on 13 & 16 october, 2006....
This software does not support pdf/office files.... This is the only way to read text files on X700 ...
( USMAN )
Dear Brother Usman, Salam! Brother can you please advise me that can MSword,Excel and PDF file be viewed on x700?
To mzkfrk :
Please follow posting rules.... I have given answers of all these questions before on previous pages.... Search these posts! ...
while Screen size of X700 is slightly larger than SE K750i ( SE has 29 x 36 mm size )...
Nokia 6600 screen size:176 x 208 pixels, 35 x 41 mm (type: TFT, 65K Colours only)
Samsung X700 has size: 176 x 220 pixels, 31 x 39 mm (type: TFT, 256K Colours)
Yes, Nokia 6600 is a symbian phone so you can install wide range of softwares, but it has very poor sound quality (not stereo), only 24 channels polyphonic ringtones, No EDGE, Poor VGA (640 x 480 pixels) quality camera,No FM radio... Simply cannot compete with Samsung X700!
( USMAN )
These are the links for downloading both the required softwares for games installation through usb:
and just follow the procedure given by “Azeem” on 8 November,2006.... This is the excellent effort by him....
You cannot change sms incoming tones with your own music files.... You can only use the default tones provided in X700....
( USMAN )
Can I Change Sms Tone With My Own Tones That I Have Downloaded ? Or Sms Tones Only Be Change That Is Provied With Samsung x700...
The original picture was horizontal image with file size of 241KB. This is the link :
I have converted it into vertical image ( see previous image )
( USMAN )
This is complete samsung phone.... don't be confused!.... and camera clearity is awesome.... and it can compete with 2MP camera of SE 750i .... See picture taken by me :
There is not sufficient light ( at 6:30AM morning ) since bike is under the roof and you can see the shade of “energy saver” on the bike!.... but still it is very good quality with 600KB file size....
Don't hesitate to buy this phone.... This is best ever bar type phone from samsung!
( USMAN )
Thanks a lot.... You are great just like your name!.... I was unsuccessful due to incorrect COM settings but NOW, i have successfully installed a 836KB sized java application by following your detailed instructions.... and the application is installed through USB cable in less than 20 seconds!.... Excellent work brother! ....
( USMAN )
u can make jad file of any jar application with the jadmaker which can be downloaded from the following link in free:
note: my previous post for installing java games via USB is for windows xp
I have successfully installed java applications (games) even greater than 300kb size via USB data cable. Here is the detailed procedure just follow the steps strictly:
1. Install USB driver & PC studio from the CD u got along ur X700. Verify the connectivity of the phone to PC via PC studio. After this exit Samsung PC studio to avoid problems. The icon on right panel of the task of PC studio must disappear.
2. Note the proper COM setting of ur mobile from windows device manager>modems>Samsung mobile USB modem.
3. Go to the link http://users.skynet.be/yozy/tutorials/samsung/d500/d500-4.htm. here u can find both programs Softick PPP 2.34 and java uploader required for downloading java applications on mobile via USB cable.
4. when u install softick ppp some errors appear but just ignore them. The installation procedure is also given at the above link.
5. launch softick ppp and it appears on the right panel of task bar (near volume icon on ur PC). Don’t activate it but select “Settings”. Under “Bluetooth/Serial” tab tick the COM port (e.g COM7 \Device\ss_mdm0).
6. A very important step to be followed:
a. On ur PC go to control panel and open Network connections.
b. Under “Network Tasks” click on ‘create a new connection’
c. A wizard will popup, select the radio button with option “Setup an advanced connection”
d. Then select “Connect directly to another computer”
e. Choose the role, select “host” and hit next button
f. Select “Communications port” and click next.
g. Under “User Permissions” select the user (e.g Administrator etc). hit next button.
h. Hit finish button & you will see incoming connections icon.
i. Right click on this icon & select properties.
• Under “General” tab make sure “Communication cable between two computers (COM #)” is the only option which is ticked. Select properties of this option and set portspeed as 115200.
• Under “Users” tab check the option “ Always allow directly connected devices such as palmtop computers to connect without providing a password”
• Under “Networking” tab select “Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)” properties.
• Select “ Specify TCP/IP address”
From : 192.168.3.1
To : 192.168.3.2
Hit Ok. Hit Ok again & ur done.
7. Right click on softick ppp and activate it. Ignore the error by clicking “Cancel” button. When u place ur mouse pointer on the icon u will see “Softick ppp: 1 device connected PPP is enabled”.
8. enter this code on ur mobile #*536963# to enable java download.
9. open java uploader and add the file u want to install. Make sure both .jar & .jad file are in the same folder.
10. enter this code on mobile #*5737425# & select PPP up and then USB.
11. Select Serial download and downloading starts.
Note: if phone shut downs the do this.
Shutdown softick ppp and again restart it. Sitch ur phone off/on. Follow the steps from 7 to 11. if any problem email me
hai guys...i was about to buy this phone.but i have a confusion.some sites r saying it'a not a complete samsung phone. www.mobiles.co.uk/samsung-x700.html.they say it's combined of both O2 and samsung.any one here knows the fact about it(usman r u listening).hey....how is the camera clarity?.can it come near to sony k750 i and nokia 6230i.
help me fast.thanks a lot.john.
Can you explain me the steps to get a JAR/JAD file installed in my X700?
I have these files in my PC and I don't have a network connectivity in my mobile. I had to get these installed through my USB interface.
Thanks in advance
iam looking forward to buy samsungx7000.... can u answer me 6 ques?
1. how is the battery life?
2, how is the sound quality thru earphones and loudspeaker
4. can we play videos in full screen
5. how big is its screen as compared to nokia6600
6. i am confused to buy aa cell b\w k750i and x700 , which one do u prefer
plz do answer me back ...i am really looking for this cell
W550i is still the best as far as sound quality and loudness is concerned.... even better than W800i in this feature.... while Samsung D600 is also very loud in sound but with maximum volume, it shows some distortion in sound .... but on slightly low volume, it also gives good sound quality....