A very good phone, but the MP3 player cannot be run minimised. Voice recording during calls is not possible. By the way could anyone tell me how to configure G-Mail on the phone(Details such as port no. SMTP server, POP3 server, all such details to be entered in the email settings)
To the person below:
Can this software be used in singapore and is it free to download that new software?
Please tell me the steps how to have this software upgrade to my phone. I am using this phone.
If anyone needs better software for this mobile you can find it on this site: http://samsungpolska.info/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=40&Itemid=49
Page is in Polish but software specification in English.
as said by usman :
X700 security features (can put password on images,videos,music,sounds, other files, memory card)
... AND MESSAGES (very useful also ;)
Please read my post on 24 august, 2006….. First of all, uninstall the software, then strictly follow the procedure given in that post….I have successfully installed samsung pc studio 3.0 software with my first attempt by following the procedure…. And it is working properly from the first day….
To bangalore_boy :
Samsung X700 is the best mobile in this low price….having brilliant big display….best ever security features ( can put password on images,videos,music,sounds, other files, memory card ) but on Nokia/ SE mobiles , you need to install extra software for that purpose!…..
It can record 1 hour voice recording with unlimited number of files (depending on free memory), about 29 minutes high quality video recording with sound as 3gp file but records only on phones memory ( you have to transfer video to memory card or pc after recording, so you can record more 29 minutes video….It can record calls (by using secret code)….
Answering machine feature with your own voice message for caller and caller can record his message in his voice…. This feature is absent in other mobiles….
It plays mp3/aac (audio) and 3gp/mp4 (video) files but video files plays in cinemascope mode, not full screen mode….only FM radio can be minimised and mp3/video player cannot be minimised…..
Supported 1GB microSD memory card….For using files as ringtones/ caller ID, files must be saved on phone’s memory….
But with some minor limitations, X700 is a very tough competitor of SE K750i….since X700 is better than Motorola L7, SE K700i, Nokia 6230i….
You cannot view office documents on X700….but only can save all kinds of files in other files folder and cannot open/ view them (X700 acts as a storage device)….Samsung D600 has picsel viewer for office documents/ pdf files with tv output but costs 15,000 pak rupees(without FM)!!
You can install games/ new applications softwares to X700 through wap gprs (internet), or through usb cable….Read previous pages for complete procedures….
Hi the micro sd memory card's contents cant be used independently u hv to transfer to phone memory to use it
well ... ! i used data cable to download pix from x700 but i dont know y for last 3 or 4 times when i click on its icon it doznt work.i then uninstalled softeware.installed it again.then it worked but again just for 1 time.i hav done this thing 2 times.so do anyone know what problem can b there ? plz.i m fed up of installing the software everytime i want to use its studio.
i had planned to take samsung x700 mobile ,
i just want to know how worth that mobile was ,
is there any option to install extraapplication in that ,
i need a document viewer is it possible in x700
plz suggest me in this
To mmxdz :
Thanks for your good reply….. Your opinion is correct…. This was my mistake! The ideal resolution setting for full screen wallpaper is 176 x 220 pixels…. This would decrease the file size also! Thanks again “mmxdz” for your correction!
Could anyone using the phone please let me know what sort of battery life can be expected from this phone. for example how long will it last with fm or mp3 playing for 2 hours and 30mins talking per day?
Correct your opinion, screen resolution for X700 is 176x220 pixels, so why upload wallpapers bigger in size (you said 240x300) ? Not a good advice, just set the resolution to 176x220 of wallpapers to upload, and it will be ok.
how can i install java softwares like Notepad on Samsung X700? please help me..n also tell me some good softwares to download for the same
1. For only short notes, I have installed NOTEPAD java software (30kb file size) from wap.getjar.com. It can store large number of small notes on it’s memory… You can edit,delete each note….
2. Unfortunately, you are unable to understand the “megapixel” term….It means 1 million pixels…. This term is associated with digital cameras….more megapixel means better enlargement without losing details…. For example …. (640 x 480) pixels means 307200 pixels or 0.3 MP….So…. X700 has (1280 x 1024)pixels or 1310720 pixels or 1.31MP…. While Nokia 6630 has (1280 x 960)pixels or 1228800 pixels or 1.22 MP camera…. So do you think, X700 cannot open 1.2MP image since X700 can open 1.3MP image….The only reason is different width:height ratio…. Which you can adjust by image editing software….
3. Open Samsung PC Studio 3.0 and click “manage contacts and more” …. Phone book is loaded in phone editor….Click file menu and click “export”….select type of output as “windows address book”….and click “next”…. Then save as box appears…. just enter any name of this file and click “ok”…. The complete phone book is saved on your pc as wab file (windows address book)…. Whenever you need this to read the contacts on pc, just click to open this wab file…. It will show all contacts with full details without using samsung software….
4. Yes, for memory card pics , you cannot use next, previous option but what about mp3 files…. Add mp3 files to playlist and use next, previous button….In the previous post, you said, it cannot use these buttons when music files are on card…. Correct your opinion!!
5. When I purchased X700, I got about 23MB free user memory…. With about 6.5 MB of samsung’s own default video…. Note that this video is already present in samples files of Samsung pc studio 3.0 software…. So after deleted, you can again transfer it to X700 anytime because it is saved in the software’s cd…. So you can get about 30MB free space on X700….And be honest to point out the free user memory…. Are you saying that videos/mp3’s/images are part of operating system software? Please use some common sense….
6. Ok….. In INDIA, PAKISTAN, Nokia 6630 is much higher in price than X700….
Please don't mind if my words are strong!!
You can set ANY picture as FULL SCREEN WALLPAPER on your X700….Just open “Irfan View” image editing software on your PC, then load the desired image and resize it’s resolution to 240 x 300 pixels….and save this new image….and transfer it to X700 using usb cable….and set as wallpaper…. Enjoy the full screen image as wallpaper…..But keep this in mind:
1. Original picture must be VERTICAL image ( means height is greater than width )…
2. Original picture must have higher pics resolution (pixels) than 240 x 300 pixels…. Otherwise you will see the decrease in quality….
Now, anyone can ask this question; from where I can get these vertical images?…. So, this is the site of some excellent quality pics :
Right click on each image….and open link in new window…. When full image is loaded, then click save picture as option….
For more, search google by yourself…..
1- there is no Note in the phone, and what you are saying can be used to store Notes but you have to enter date fields. Notes are somthings whithout date.
2- The phone can not open any 1.3MP picture whithout changing the resolution first, so it is basically can not open them.
3- The only software I used for the phone is Samsung pc studio 3.0 and it is very bad, try to export your contact list and see what happened...nothing happened. The sound manager program has very basic functionality(open, close, copy...etc) and try to convert sterio file to mono, it will increase the distortion in the sound. the picture manager is very very bad.
4- try to use "next" and "previous" button to see pictures stored in memory card, if it is succeeded with you then tel me.
5- the phone has free memory about 15MB when I first pushased it. sure I will get more space if I delete all these files you mentioned, but I do not want to delete them.
6- Nokia 6630 is not a smart phone, it is an ordinary phone and it is cheaper than X700 in my country.
got this phone for about 3 weeks, since i bought a memorycard, i took a lot of pictures with it. Now i have a real slowdown when navigating into photo folder, even if they are only few(10pics), same prob on memorycard (but for photo only).
Also, Samsung where stupid not to fix so big problem => cannot take pictures/videos to memory card directly !!!!!
Anyway, I love it !
Yes…..You are right…. I have checked the call recording code and i can record upto 1 hour…When call is connected, enter activation code and after call is ended, enter the deactivation code…. Thanks for your correction!!
You may need detailed guide with pics for complete understanding of installing process…. Here is the link:
Note that D500 and X700 both have have same installing process…. So, it also works on X700….
for india answering machine option is not available in x700