To amar, u can records calls...to activate #*22671# code...conversastion save at sound folder in voice list.(engmode.amr) to deactivate #*22672#
For installing softwares through usb cable, read previous posts of “hill” on 2006-06-27 at 13:32 and
2006-06-20 at 20:51……. For downloading both the required softwares, follow this address:
On number 6, there must be answering machine present…. Broadcast messages is on number 7…. If not, then it is very strange because this application can’t be deleted….. Double check again!! If not present, then I can’t help you….. You must go to shop from where you have purchased X700 and asked them, whether you can claim warranty….
I know thisis silly of m...bt i cnt seem to ffind answering machine function on my phone.....i go to mesages thn ther eis no answering machine option there..infact on no.6 ..there is broadcast option........so...HElp..
There is NO limit about the file size of media files ( mp3, aac, 3gpp, mp4 ) to be played on X700…. I have successfully played 28MB (about 30 minutes long ) mp3 file on X700….
This is my reply to your some disadvantages which are incorrect:
1. You can enter 400 notes as schedule / anniversary / to do / miscellaneous …. (100 notes each)
2. You can open ANY 1.3MP image on X700 taken from any SE / Nokia / Siemens mobile camera. But if you cannot open on X700 due to different resolution settings then transfer 1.3MP image to PC and adjust image resolution to (1280 x 1024)pixels by using any image editing software like IRFAN VIEW freeware ( can be download from www.irfanview.com ) . Then transfer this new 1.3MP image to X700 by usb cable. It must be opened… I have checked this , since Nokia 6630 camera has resolution of (1280 x 960 ) pixels, so X700 cannot support it. I have successfully opened 6630’s 1.3 mega pixels photos by above method on my X700…..
3. X700 records much better video than Nokia 6630. I have checked the video quality of both the phones after transferring video files to PC . The video of X700 looks good and above average while video of Nokia 6630 looks very bad ( you can easily see the broken frames on PC screen ). While both have almost same quality of megapixels images as seen on PC (without any kind of editing) and it is very good quality of X700’s pics and not bad as you said…. Note that for best pics, you need ideal light conditions…. So it takes excellent outdoors pics…..
4. I think you have not used Samsung pc studio 3.0 software…. It has very advanced features…. For more info, read my previous post on 24 august 2006 (usman)….
5. To enable next, previous button on MP3 player , you must add all files to playlist…. When playing from playlist, you can use next, previous button ( even files are on memory card )….
6. Free user memory is about 30 MB…. I have got this after transferring all videos, mp3, images of image folder to PC, then delete all above files from X700…. While Java World has 4MB memory…. It means that phone’s OS / software takes only 1MB memory ( not 15 MB)….
7. You can shoot maximum 29 min 34 sec high quality video (with sound) from X700 ( QCIF 176 x 144 ). After this, video recording will stop and save to video folder automatically…. It means that one minute video takes about approx. 1 MB space….. After recording, transfer it to memory card or to PC….So you can record more 29 minutes video with sound….. While Nokia 6630 can record only 10 minutes video….
8. You can save files directly to memory card by using USB mass storage function of X700…. For more info, read my previous post on 24 august 2006 (usman)….
9. You are comparing many features of X700 with Nokia 6630 which is symbian OS phone and nokia called it a “smart phone” much higher price (13,200 pak rupees) than X700 (9,700 pak rupees)…. Samsung X700 is in high demand, so price is increasing….. Compare X700 with non symbian phone like Nokia 6230i since both have almost same identical features…..
To Ammar : You cannot record calls but if you activate answering machine, then caller can record his message in his voice which will be saved in inbox of answering machine.... You can listen this message later....
To Ayaz: Go to menu....messages....answering machine....Settings....activate : OFF
People can anyone tell me how to put the voice recording option off. If the phone rings for more than 15 seconds it goes onto to the voice recording option, which is not supported by my service provider. And no games were isntalled on my set. Else its a decent set. Will appreciate a quick response.
OK, what's the most memory on a microSD card that the phone is compatible with? 2GB? Thanks a billion (not million)
To Suresh, kerala:
To connect X700 with pc, install windows xp on your pc, then insert cd of samsung pc studio 3.0 software in cd drive and install driver for X700, then install pc studio 3.0 software and connect X700 to pc by usb data cable ( it is included in the kit). And immediately, message appears that new hardware/ device is detected and windows automatically install driver from cd. Then restart computer and open pc studio 3.0 software, then go to file menu…. Connection…. Select USB option and click connect. You will see the name of mobile i.e connected: samsung X700 . This is for first time only, and next time whenever you connect X700 with pc, software will automatically recognize your X700 mobile.
Now go to manage files option, you will see phone explorer dialogue box showing both Phone's folders and PC drives/ folders. You just need to select files from PC by right click on each file and click copy and paste to desired folder of X700. For many files, select all files using ctrl+A keys and click copy. Data transfer speed is more than 1MB/minute.
You can transfer /copy all kinds of files to/from pc. Amd also edit / delete all data of X700.
Always copy mp3/aac files to music folder, ringtones (mmf/midi) and amr sounds to downloaded sounds folder, video (3gp/mp4) to downloaded video folder,images to downloaded images folder. If you cannot follow this, then it will be asked to save in other files folder.
You can see all phone book contacts saved on X700. You can edit,delete,add,copy,paste each entry with full details.You can save complete phone book on pc ( from both sim/phone's memory).You can transfer sms, mms directly to pc or pc to mobile ( I mean write message and transfer to mobile)
This is not a basic but having very advanced features. You can open/ play/edit every file whether it is video / audio / sms/ mms/ ringtones or any other file.
For memory card access, use mass storage function . You can save files directly to memory card to/from pc using usb data cable. Go to menu….settings….phone settings….usb settings….select mass storage option and click save. Now,connect X700 to pc through usb cable and immediately you will see a new removeable disk in my computer. Just copy/paste files to pc or from pc to X700's memory card.
VERY IMPORTANT: After all works have been done, do not disconnect usb cable from X700, since it will corrupt/ damage your memory card. Use safely disconnect hardware option ( in system tray ). When drive is safely disconnected, then, you can remove usb cable from X700…….
u can download video on phone memory upto 13 minutes...then transfer this on memory card and then another 13 minutes...
how much of video recordng is posible??? and sicne it cnt b stored directly to memory card...its nt posible to store long vidoes rt?
I'm not having gprs connection in my mobile,but i want to install some s/w which supporting x700.I downloaded the software (with extention .jad and .jar) to my pc,i'm alos having samsung pc suite,but i dont know how to install the software.
Reply to my mail id also firstname.lastname@example.org or gmail.com.
To AZ: Some of your 'disadvantages' are not true. You are misguiding new users by sending incorrect info. I will answer your post in 1-2 days since i am sending this reply from my X700's OPERA MINI web browser!
Some times my x700 getting struck/jamed when I try to end a call or doing some other operation. I thing this is a problem with its software.is it right.
another thing is I am not able to connect the mobile with pc but the memory card is responding with the pc