- No Note.
- Organizer ring tones are limited in number (only 4) and very short in period, and can not choose your favorite one from downloaded sounds.
- Messages ring tones are limited in number (only 10) and very short in period, and ca not choose your favorite one from downloaded sounds.
- No vibration when organizer date comes, even if vibration mode is activated or silence mode is activated. In silence mode the organizer still ring and make sounds.
- Some MIDI ring tones are very low in sound comparing to Nokia and Siemens.
- Can not create folders and sub folder in phone memory.
- Can not view photos in landscape mode.
- No slide show for photos.
- Can not open some pictures taken by Nokia and Siemens and SonyEricson even the resolution of it is 1.3MP.
- You can move photos from "Photos" folder in phone memory to memory card but can not move it back, also you can not move any photos to "Photos" folder.
- Can not enlarge any photos unless it is stored in "Photos" folder, which eliminate enlarge any photos transfered to the phone, only those taken by the camera can be enlarged.
- Can not play some video files transfered from Nokia 6630 although the files resolution is 176x144.
- Can not shoot photos in landscape mode.
- Pictures quality is too bad comparing to Nokia 6630, even the file size is smaller and some times the file size is half what Nokia 6630 geneates (even after made every enhancement available).
- No control on white color ratio in pictures taken by its camera, some spaces in the pictures seems more white then the actual scene.
- Can not save pictures or sound directly to memory card.
- Can not use any file (picture, sound) from memory card as dialer photo or dialer ring tones without first moving or copying these files to phone memory.
- The sound - in general - is not loud enough comparing to Siemens, Nokia, Sony.
- No "one press" button to silence the phone when it rings, instead you must press side button for a while (more than 1 second) to stop it from ring.
- Very bad PC software (too much basic).
- Phonebook displays all caontacts from phone memory and SIM memory simultaneously, so all contacts are duplicated.
- Battery indicator has only 3 marks, it still indicate that the battery is full for 3 days and on the 4th days all these 3 marks down and indicate battery empty.
- Can not play WAV sound file, nor can be used as ring tones.
- Calculator have basic operations only, no store in memory capability.
- Answer machine can not be set to reply after more than 20 seconds(it is too short time).
- The phone shuts down when Alarm5 is set and its time to ring comes up (bug in the software).
- When viewing photos or listen to music files from memory card, you have to open each file individually (close the former and open the next one - "next" is not available as it is when these files are opened from phone memory).
- Phone internal memory is 35MB, but the available is about 20MB as phone software takes about 15MB.
- No profiles, the sound volume setting affect all ringtones, messages and alarms at the same time.
- Answer machine.
- Voice clarity microphone.
- 5 Alarms + 1 Wake up alarm.
- Very good battery (last more than 4 days without recharging).
- Battery can be recharge using USB cable when connect the phone to PC.
- Good signal reception.
- Taking pictures can be without making any sounds.
- Good display.
- Good speed when navigating through menus.
- Many resolutions to take photos (1280x1024, 1152x864, 640x480, 320x240, 176x144, 128x96) with 3 levels of quality (supper fine, fine, normal) plus enhance sharpness capability.
- Sound recorder generates more understandable files when play them back, compared to Siemens CX70.
call me a retard, but i was wondering if all phone have the same key lock mechanism (menu + *).
Can anybody tell me how to install java applicaions using usb cable (not wap)plzzz tell me. u can reply to my mail id or in the opininon box. thank you!!!
Hello everybody. I bought my Samsung X700 in June this year. I found it excellent. As it may have not very competive features like the Nokia have i-e,symbian OS and using .SIS files. But as you compare it with price it is the best price with good applications. 1.3 MP camera, MP3 AAC MP4 3GP players are built in. I like it very much
To Ayaz Noor
Thank you brother. The Store is ready to replace the memory card, But I have personal pictures, and scret data. I can,t give it back. If I can repair by any software, well and good, otherwise just I will forget it.
samsung-X700..... its a cute and nice mobile phone. i bought it yesturday.. its a light weight set very easy to carry.. its camera 1.3 MP is veryyyyyyyyyyyy sexy resulotion.. easy to use and good graphics ;)
Hey Cool Guy....did u jst mentioned my name...?? i mean..hehe..sersly..wht did i do dude?
Thanks for the Replies Guys (esp. Abhinav). I have purchased the phone. So far it is very good but I have found a couple of problems.
First the battery life is very short(almost 3h talktime) as was doubtly intimated earlier by the supplier.
And second I have got no games in the Phone memory. What should I do (besides download)? Whether should I take it to service centre or Can I copy games through PC? Please help...
(To Mubarak): if u have bought the mem card of a renowned company.. then u must hav got a warranty.. complain them and im sure they wil be able to fix it..
Use pc studio 3 to reduce the file of the song. I have found out that the pc studio 3 has a sound editor just like in my d820.
TO AYAZ NOOR.
Thanks for your reply. I there is something wrong with my memory card. I am asking for solution If anyone knows, like software that repairs unreadable or errors or format.
For compression use StreamBox Ripper software it will reduce the size as you wish. For changing formats use ImTOO Audio Encoder.
by compressin i mean reducing the size of a song .. for exampl : a song of 4 mb bein reduced to 2 mb .. an i would also lik software for changin formats
WEll...this phone mentions tht it cn record 1 hr video..bt if i m nt wrng..recorded video cnt b stored on memory card directly...so hw cn 1 hr video b recorded whn ther eis nly limited space availble in phone?
there is difinitely something wrong with ur memory card..
yes this phone can install misc softwares (all java softwares...) get them frm http://wap.getjar.com thru ur phone browser...
and yes this phone can play video clips of .3gpp and .mp4 formats..
wat kind of compressing do u mean..?? changing formats??..plz clarify...
(To a bathing ape)
ur network provider may charge u for using gprs..(plz ask ur service provider for details)... no bluetooth required for accessing/downloading softwares frm the site...
the no. of files vary depending on the memory available...
Yes it can play mp4 & 3gp format.
you can install java program in it.. as of now I tried installing from gprs connection from wap.getjar.com from mobile.. yet to try or find a way to install java program from usb.
To Hill, Usman, and others
I got 1GB memory card one month ago. It becomes unreadble.I tried to format in the phone, it gave error message. I tried in the Digital camera, the same.finally I tried in the computer, but windows couldn't format. do you have any solution?
After tons of searches I am planning to buy this phone but before that I would like to know something about this phone from the users of this phone.
Can anyone of you tell me
can this phone play video clips?
does it allow to install misc. softwares?
Plz, plz, answer me soon as I can't wait more to buy it.