do you have to pay for using the web browser on the phone? do you need bluetooth enable to access wap.getjar.com?
(To Irwin Ignatius)
yes u can download java apps/softwares/games on this phone...go to http://wap.getjar.com from ur phone browser..and serach for desired softwares...
This is really a great phone, i want to know whether i can downloand any software to my mobile and if yes then where can i get that on net.
I have noticed, when i receive a call and i answer the call by pressing the "answer" key, it doesnt answer at all, the phone freezes and you cannot accept or receive the call. I would say this happens 1 out of 100 times. Has anyone faced such a situation on the X700 ?? Do we have any kinda firmware upgrade..etc.. ???
To (a bathing ape): Yes, you are right! For more files, you need playlist
1) i asked this question in another forum. they say that i can listen to mp3s without making a playlist, but i have to select every file in order to play it. if i want to listen to the files continously, then i have to add them to the playlist.
6) i hope you're wrong on this because the x700 seems to be quite an advanced phone. even though it might not have chinese under the language options, it might still be able to view files in chinese text. my brother's SLVR L7 is able to do this even though the menus are in english.
To (a bathing ape):
1.Yes, you can’t play without playlist!
6.I don’t think so….
7.There is cd software named as Samsung PC Studio 3.0 and you can also download this by following this link on 2006-06-29 at 20:47 and also check this post by hill: 2006-06-23 at 15:28
Please note that to use usb mass storage option , memory card must be inserted into the card slot.
8.When using iTunes player, L7 acts as very slow responding phone. The launching time of iTunes software is 8 seconds! Too long! And after selecting every option in iTunes, wait for 2 or 3 seconds to execute it. Also You cannot store more than 100 songs in the memory card of L7, even there is still more space available on card. While in X700, there is no limit for number of songs to be stored on card but playlist accepts only 50 files at a time…..And L7 has motorola own player which can play wave file also and X700 cannot play wave file.
L7 has only 5MB free user memory for all tasks while X700 reserved 4 MB for only java softwares….So in X700, you can install more games/ softwares …..
For Installation of games in X700 through bluetooth , read this:
It also works with X700….
so getting java apps/games to the x700 is not simple at all? it's not just drag and drop?
and there are too many posts by hill. is there a webpage where it teaches me how to do it? what's the difference downloading through wap and from the pc?
i checked www.getjar.com, and there seems to be many compatible java stuff for x700, which is not bad at all as some people have said.
but wat all music formats does it support..
am not able to play .wav files..
plz help me out..
1) so basically, you can't listen to mp3s without making a playlist?
or can you still listen to mp3s if you directly select them from the memory card? (not using the playlist)
for example, i know that the SLVR L7 allows you to select songs individually without making a playlist.
6) can song titles be viewed in chinese language?
7) is there a cd software (that comes with the phone) for transferring files? or is it just drag and drop?
8) as a comparison, is the mp3 player better in the x700 or SLVR L7? how about java app/game support?
To Bd: May be due to installing some kind of software/game, even deleted,the previous memory cannot be fully recovered! I had this problem on my previous x100. I still have not this memory problem with x700
To unknown (npBN):
Since I have not seen display quality of D600, so unfortunately I cannot answer this !! You have compared both the phones, so you found the difference…..
thanx for your help. i check it and both x700 and d600 are at highest brigthness. but as i said d600 looks more bright. can it be a problem? what can i do? x700 looks more like yellow instead of white, especially in main menu.
To unknown (npBN):
May be due to bigger screen display size (240 x 320) of D600, the picture is more clear….. But also check the display brightness settings of both X700 and D600.
To (a bathing ape):
1.The mp3 player is simple and support only one playlist. And playlist only support 50 mp3 files at a time. You can make many new folders in the memory card and put every 50 music files in one folder.You can listen mp3 files through bluetooth headset also.
The sound quality of player is excellent but maximum volume of mp3 player is less than that of FM radio.
You can pause/ resume the playing file, play next/ previous file, rewind/forward the file, repeat/ shuffle mode, change visual looks of player as well.
2. Samsung made it difficult to install games/ softwares through usb cable/ bluetooth and needs some expertise and normal user finds difficulty but IT IS POSSIBLE. Please read posts sent by hill on previous pages for complete procedure.
3.The battery life is normal and also depends on display/sounds or other settings. For moderate use of mp3 player/ FM radio, it takes 1.5 days . I recharges battery every night. Full charging takes 1.5 to 2 hours.
4. For free java softwares sites, please read my previous post on 2006-07-20 at 20:50
I still have not found any mp3 player java software.
5. Yes, you can use animated gif file as wallpaper. I have 7 animated gif files that I received through bluetooth.
Hi i bought x700 two days ago. i have a question. one of my friends has samsung d600. and when i compare the screen brightness, the screen of d600 looks more bright than x700. as far as i know they both have the same screen proporties.so is it normal or my x700 has a problem?
4) where can i get free java apps/games?
is there a better mp3 player java software that i can put on the phone?
5) can i set animated .gifs as my wallpaper?
i have some important questions:
1) how is the mp3 player organized? can you make different folders so it can act as different albums?
2) i heard java app/games support is not too good. is it still possible to transfer java games through data cable or bluetooth?
3) i heard some ppl say the battery life is poor. if i use applications such as mp3 and radio, will it dramatically decrease battery life? i don't mind charging it every 2 days.