Here is the detailed comparision of motorola slvr L7 and samsung X700:
1. L7 is 11.5 mm thick as compared to X700 which is 19mm thick ( with same weight : 95g)
2. Both using same quality display like TFT 256k colours with 176 x 220 pixels screen.
3. L7 has poor quality camera 0.3MP as compared to X700 which has 1.3MP camera.
4. L7 has no FM radio while X700 has in built FM radio which you can listen through stereo speakers as well.
5. Both plays mp3,aac, mpeg4 video, 3gpp files very well.
6. Both have bluetooth v 1.2
7. Both supports 1GB microSD memory card but L7 has only 5MB free user memory which is great disappointment since X700 has 35 MB shared memory with 4MB reserved for only java softwares.
8. L7 has 24 channels ringtones while X700 has 40 channels ringtones. Both supports mp3 ringtones.
9. Both have GPRS class 10 , WAP 2.0 / xHTML, but X700 has also EDGE class 10 which is absent in L7.
10. X700 can be used as a mass storage device, means one can store all kinds of files to phone’s memory This is impossible in L7. Also X700 has very fast usb mass storage function to transfer files between pc and phone.While L7 has slow song transfer with iTunes (into memory card directly) due to speed of microSD cards.
11. Both have 1000 phone book contacts with photo call.
12. Price of Motorola slvr L7 is about 10—12 % higher as compared to Samsung X700.
So, final conclusion is that L7 has some important features missing which X700 have. Look at X700 , it is not bulky i.e (108 x 44 x 19 mm) while L7 is (113 x 49 x 11.5 mm). You can go for L7 only when you compromise with camera quality, no FM, no EDGE, less phone memory (only 5MB), low channels ringtones. Only advantage is that it is very slim. Price is also higher than X700. So, Samsung X700 is the better choice.
hi i am purchasing samsung x700 phone i want to know that this phone is a symbian phone or not. i want how to install sis file to this phone and how to install java game with a picture demonstration. plz. help me about this topic.
pardon but i dont have blue tooth device,im using Data cable,i want to know the procedure of using PSM mplayer sorry again
Here is the java access point settings for airtel (india):
APN : airtelgprs.com
DNS2 : 184.108.40.206
I hope this will work for X700.
please help me,how can i use PSM pkayer for conversion of tones of different fomates,please send the procedure to my email
very thnxful to u sir
i have given the procedure to install games and softwares many times .please follow rules.although i am giving link to guide.follow thse steps strictly only works with windows XP.
I Changed my GPRS setting . I disabled my proxy & then downloaded. It worked
1.i can only wap.yahoo.com in opera when using airtel live profile
2.when using mobile office opera shows error that you dont have active gprs connection
3.yes you are right no other java midlet is able to acess internet
please give settings for java
it is a good phone.i like its sound very much.but i have a problem the problem is that plz tell me the process of installation of games and sotwares.
follow these steps
1.open wap browser
3.then click on download opera mini which will you find on middle of page
4.then new page will appear.then click on download high memory version.if it is not working then click on download low memory version.
5.now opera will work
6.if opera is not working dont disturb samsung customer care
7.contact your gprs provider for settings
the code enables wap download.this code works.
when i enter this code #*536961# it displays
I think for installing opera it should be vice versa
Let me explain u in detail. On clicking the downlaod link i get an option of install & when i click yes i get error "install error". I tried your code but it didnt work.
data transfer rate of infrared is too slow when compared to bluetooth and usb data cable using mass storage. if you have BMW car then why are you sad that you dont have a bicycle.
you can upgrade memory upto 1gb by using micro sd card also known as A.K.A transflash.
type this code #*536961#.then try to istall opera mini.now you are using opera mini.
When i try to download opera mini it says installing error. I kept my Java settings same as that of mobile office. I enquired with Samsung service centre they said 3rd party applications doesnt work. Can some one please clarify me.
its looking good but one problem is no infrared,i want to ask one question, Is any way to add an external memory,all others are superb, thats all
great looking phone with magnificent design and plenty of functions. go and buy it
I have some questions for you:
1. when using airtel live profile, which site you can access in opera mini? Are you be able to open www.google.com on opera mini when using this profile?
2. Have you found any active connection error when trying to access any site in opera mini using mobile office profile?
3. Try to install some other softwares which requires internet access like “Reference” software from wap.getjar.com and see if this software can access internet successfully or not. If not, then it means that java server is not configured correctly. Because if you can open sites on your wap browser then opera must work fine.
Usman can u tell me comparitively iz L7 better or X700(im lookin for a phone which can easily be hidden)