mariam elkekhia, 15 Aug 2008why dont you make your phone setting sexy how dud you connect yor phone?
Does anyone here knows how to put java games on this phone??Don't know how...Can someone teach me???...please e-mail me @ email@example.com for your reply...Thanks
hey does anyone know which samsung phone comes with changeable casing other than Z240??
I'm been using this phone for about a year now. By far the best I've had. I'm also a fan of flip phones so dropping them won't be of any worry :)
-Keys don't get stuck when u're texting. (except u tend to press other keys when ur'e texting fast coz their close to each other.
-The only func. I like about the camera is the dual display. (pic quality is average, some editing features like 'sharpening' does help a bit)
-I've only tried to take a few videos from the phone and it comes out grainy most of the time.
-Storage wise for pics, music, etc. is adequate if u have a micro sd (don't depend on the built in memory.
-Ringtone volume is loud enough and clear. I'm quite impressed too at the sound quality of the phone when I'm playing my music. (to me it beat my mom's razr :P)
-I'm not so impressed with the message tone because you can't choose your own ringtone for it, instead it only provides you with 3 or 4 of the available tones.
Overall I've had no problems using it and for someone wants a something simple. This is a good phone to try. :)
My friend has well had this phone and it kept freezing up within the first week she had it. My mom bought this phone, and she likes it though
great simple phone but cant find the way to change the ring tone...does it only have one style???
the hp ......is very bad .... coz it would suddenly don work .... it had happened few times already ..... so can tell me a method so that my hp ..... would not always be in the same conditions as now
Samsung SGH-Z240 - Finally, a phone for the rest of us.
The bottom line:
One of the best simple 3G flip phones for people who do not give too much importance to the camera/MP3 player/PDA features.
For the last couple of years, I was looking for a phone that can be used first and foremost, as a phone - and not as a camera/game boy/ipod/pocket pc.
While all the other phones are attempting to provide the best of all worlds, it was becoming a difficult task to find a simple phone, which is not lagging behind in technology, and is light weighted, robust and easy to use.
Reading the Samsung Z240 specifications, I decided to get one and my conclusion so far, after about a week is: Samsung delivers!
Back then, Nokia used to be the champion of user interface - I can say without a doubt, that Samsung's user interface is the best I have encountered in the past few years.
About the user interface:
* VERY intuitive. There is no need to read the manual, especially if you have used Nokia or Samsung in the past.
* Black background for menus - non-customizable as far as I could tell.
* Fast responding.
About the casing:
At first, I was worried that the changable covers may cause it to feel plasticy and unstable but I was surprised.
* The flip feels comfortable, and solid.
* It can be opened easily with one hand
* Feels comfortable in a front pocket.
* The outer LCD screen shows a big unlit clock when idle.
About the camera:
The camera is good for quick shots, the quality is not something to write home about but it is much better than expected.
About the PC software:
Although the PC software is easy to install and use, and although it works smoothly, there is a little to be desired.
* I was unable to associate a photo to a user using the software.
* I would expect to see "memory status" somewhere in the software.
* I would expect to see a list of messages, dialed calls, missed calls etc.
* I do not understand why these PC software tools that come with mobile phones do not allow me to link the PC to the phone in a way that the PC becomes the phone: Send/receive SMS, see incoming calls on the screen and even talk using a PC microphone ans speakers.
Things I would change:
There are some minor things I wish this phone had, but nothing too serious:
* Sounds of the function keys cannot be changed. The sounds of the keypad (0-9) can only be changed between two presets, but this change does not effect the other keys (soft keys, joystick etc.).
* Although I like the black background menus, I believe some people would feel more comfortable if this could be configured.
* The outer screen shows an unlit clock when idle. I wish the behavior of this screen could be configurable. For example, I would like to be able to press the external camera button once (short press) to light this clock. Right now, you need to press a long press to show detailed information text (smaller clock).
All in all - highly recommended.
Can someone tell me as to if the main display is 256k or 65k color?
There are other site that says main display is 256K.
Does anyone here knows how to put java games on this phone??Don't know how...Can someone teach me???...please help me....e-mail me for your replies...thanks
Yes, people who are complaining about this phone should give time for yourself to explore it and find it's pros. And I have wonderful reception here, no problems at all. Blame your own network or line company.
hey, kakarukeys! You're, indeed, not a tech savvy person. Are you?...you can actually set a shortcut to that. Well me, I just have to press the left arrow and voila, I add the recipient then create my text. As easy as that. Explore your phone and you'll appreciate it.
I have just bought since last week.
I really happy to have this phone.
Worst phone ever bought.
Design-wise, previous models were a lot better. Proof of crappy design:
1 minute excluding typing time is needed just to send one sms to someone.
one click to go to phone book
one click to select the name
scroll down to select "Send message"
scroll again to select "Message"
press "OK" again to start editing (What is the point?)
Switching to other input modes is confusing and inconvenient
2 clicks to be ready to send
2 clicks to send it.
i dont have this kind of phone yet but im planning to have one this week. thanks for the info.