this phone is from the bottom, real waste of money - batterylife up to 320 hours, what a joke
got this phone the othr day. i dnt c all the fuss...its a gr8 PHONE!! coz thats wat it is, a phone...not a miricle machine. has an alright camera, but thats what i have a real digital camera 4. mp3 is ok, but thats wat i have an ipod 4. cute little design...very light weight, unlike my old chunky n80. end of the day...it is a nice little phone..i really like it :)
to reduce consumption, dont use 3g unless surfing or video call. more standby time on gsm/gprs mode. heat still ok as long as does not explode :)
Hi, i have this phone. The battery life is poor!!
Does anyone know how to turn the phone to fully silent? I have put the silent profile, and even after sending a text. When the balance comes up, there will be a noise coming off the phone.
i just had this fone for 4 days now and the only problem is the heating of the back of the fone especially if ur into voice calls more than text. The fone is nice but the only disadvantage is the battery... i like surfing the net thru this fone. I read the manual but does not state how many hours is the inital charge. shoot me an email if u have info on this. im beginning to regret this fone..
my comments on likes and dislikes on the sgh z720
2. good and creative dialing display
3. wonderful screen display
4. sound quality is good, but not loud
5. internet surfing is really fast
6. has 3g and can view microsoft word microsoft powerpoint and many other doc.
7. it plays many types of music files
8. it has Utrack services, therefore if i lose my phone, i can trace the thief's sim card number and report it to the police
1. short battery life
2. long charging hours
3. clear camera, but u must be motionless...
4. battery gets extremely hot while charging and using functions such as camera, sms, media player for more then 7 mins.
5. cannot use animated emotions!
6. very bad video recording, can't hear the sounds clearly and the video quality is really blurrrr
7. speaker for hearing calls and playing music are the same speaker. therefore the music quality is not as good. sony ericsson would be ideal for music.
8. headphone is a complete rubbish...
9. 3D sound only available on headphones, and the quality of headphone sound is ridiculous.
10. cannot access hotmail and MSN!
1. buy it if you are a person who loves slider phone with just a good design.
2. prepare to charge long hours for a complete charge.
3. you better buy a second spare battery as the battery will become flat before you know it.
4. buy it if you do not mind the slow camera which cannot capture moving objects (even slight movement like a blink of an eye would blur the entire picture)
Has anyone got the Z720 limited edition McLaren Mercedes phone on Vodafone UK?!?
Seems different than the one in this photo!
Switch to Sony ericsson thats what i say!. Samsungs are not good, they look nice but the functionalitly have not been well thought out at all. the battery life on The Z720 is pants, it doesnt have multi-functionality but it does look good, i have the vodafone maclaren merceded edition + it looks fab but it sucks!. im going for the sony K850i. sony's rock!
Nice phone. Very sleek. very fashionable. But the battery really sucks! Can't play music on the background. no camera flash.
I'm so disappointed. i hope Samsung could have planned this phone so well.
Yes this phone does support java games but you need to download games via internet(in Phone) but not thru usb or bluetooth..the battery life is soo weak! when i was playing a game for about 15min, the battery almost died on me...i pause the game and charged my phone, waiting for it to be fully charged feeling pissed
I need a device easy to use and small...use to receve e-mail with attachments....and it's working very very good....of course the battery life is short but it is a good device
The battery life sucks, was using a D500 and I think it is better than Z720, i think it is a total failure and there is some design fault in ths phone
i'm so upset of z720.. co'z of it's battery.. and then the message alert tone..
Absoluyely rubbish, i have has this phone since april 07 previously i had the d600 and lets just say i wish i had stuck with the d600. simple things i could do with the d600 like set songs as my alarm i can not do with the z720. other than looking good the phone is hopeless. it is slow and i feel like i have taken a step back instead of forward
are they kidding with the battery life?! with my sony ericsson i charged the phone every 2 or 3 days wth normal usage but with the Z720 if i dont charge it everyday its useless and dies on me! also the camera...whats the point?! you honestly cannot take a decent photo unless whatever you are taking it off can stay still for minutes at a time whilw it takes! i'm sorry but this phone has completely let me down!
Q: Point 1:
Does this phone have black and white UI like the d900 and u600?
Nope - only the black UI
Q: Point 2:
Does this phone have image editor?
Yes, but it's slow and only available when you open a picture (not a menu choise like on u600)
Q: Point 3:
Can we have customisable sms alert?
A: Only poly/mono/.amr tones. No Mp3
length (104.5 mm) is the length whilst closed! Bit over 10 cm open would make a smalų phone whilst closed =p (it has a 2" screen, you know..)
I have had the Z720 since April.
-and I'm thinking about changing to the u700.. I can't live with the downsides of z720:
- slooow camera.. Forget pictures of moving objects! (not even with low res!)
- when you unlock the phone, the "phone is unlocked"-message stays visible far too long and there's no way to get it away before it's "finished"-so to say..
- the phone has indeed frozen a couple of times (I think it restarted itself like two or three times..)
- No music whilst sending sms etc.
- No Mp3 for message tones (though you may use your own poly/mono/.amr-tunes
- battery life (lasts up to 6 days with ONLY sending sms, but maximm two days if you take pictures (the phone's backside gets quite hot whilst charging.
I'd definitely go for the u700. -it's newer and more slim, and all these bugs are probably (hopefully) fixed.
- I know you can listen to music while you multitask on the U700!!
- the U700 looks stunning! (with a huge mirror when the phone is off or dark.
does anyone noe how to use the "my screen" wallpaper.how do you add pics?