dutch review here:
and translated version to english here:
by me :)
Anonymous, 27 Mar 2009which one to buy c510 or W 595 Plz hepl!!even im stuck on d same question!!
bt of u dnt use cam so much as i do THEN GO FOR W595
coz datz coool fr music
im goin fr c510 coz of a low budjet n i use d cam alot n i like candybar phones
how's the keypad? is it the same like the one from k800i? might get rip off after few months.. nice specsheet with good pricing... hope this phone is not laggy and produce a more louder and crisp sound on loudspeaker... ANY REVIEW FROM GSMARENA?
I just got my c510 future black today...damn good the design,n the camera smile shutter...i think must be take the pic in a good lightning condition place such as outdoor or wit the help of the surrounding light...anyway,i was quite happy wit my c510....
THIS IS A CAVEAT FOR ALL WHO WOULD LIKE TO BUY THIS:
I was ecstatic during the time I've been using the phone but after two days, I was shocked, the phone hangs and I can't open my contacts!!!
I had to repair it and wait for 5 days, OMG, just bought it so recently and now it's down?!?!?!?!
SONY ERICSSON, Please don't disappoint US!
does it someone know how can i turn off conversation type sms....i just want to receive normaly SMS....
No zoom at 3mpixel? And a flimsy camera cover? Im so sad. Im planning to buy this phone.
My review for C510:
Just bought it for PHP10,900 (roughly around USD225) yesterday and was amazed by my expectations:
Want to note that:
1) the camera cover seems so flimsy, i'm afraid i could rip it up
2) the zoom doesn't go with 3MP (what do you expect when it's only a low end phone)
3) the edges over the D-pad are mildly rough
4) the headset was so ordinary
5) the smile shutter sucks so much, it's not automatic
6) GPRS is so slow (i guess it may be 3G or whatever)
1) the conversations in inbox is like chat, it's so great to send another text message
2) the contacts have greatly improved
3) autofocus is great, macro among documents are greatly legible
4) radio is Good, but i like it with AM
5) accelerometer sensor is sensitive enough
6) keypad is fantastic, so soft to touch
7) it's thin at 12.5mm although it may be so wide as if you're holding a smartphone, yet it's sleek and fits right on your pocket
8) camera key is not hard to press (unlike other Sony Ericsson AF phones)
9) managing your messages has never been so easier
10) flash is bright enough
11) battery is long enough
12) games are sufficient although i doubt if the Nitro Speed for Racer is a pirated version (but i guess it's not since i bought it from an authorized dealer)
13) browsing is great for a mid-range phone
14) design in itself is not too flashy
--- OVERALL ---
Design: 85 (out of 100)
User interface: 90
Instead of T700, W595, W302 or F305: you may grab this one... aside from the Conversations menu in the Messaging your precious money is not jeopardized with this great handset.
Hope this review would help you
Hey.. C902 can zoom at all modes. But im not sure both this. HMMM Zoom will be my buying factor!
julio, 24 Mar 2009can d c510 zoom in 3.2mp mode?????????
is it a2 v2????Cannot be zoom at 3.2mp.
It's a A200 platform.
The camera module of C510 is the same as in the C702. Some says the C702 takes slightly better pictures. But both need good bright light, don't expect K8x0 quality night/evening shots.
i have this phone for a week already. i got it for free from starhub as i've got a $100 voucher. the phone retails for 98 with a mid range plan.
this phone tends to lag a little. but it only lags when u overload the phone with things to do. e.g. u try to exit and enter different programmes at the same time after u have memorised the sequence of keys to press.
the threaded conversations is abit like msn! and it's really nice and handy to use :D
the camera is good too! definitely value for money
but the back part of the phone is made of smthng slightly rubbery.. so it might wear off after long use? im not sure.. it feels nice to touch but at the same time it feels prone to wear and tear..
overall im very happy and satisfied with the phone :D