i had manyyy phones in my life but this it's my top 5 from 20. GREAT photo/video quality! great quality at calling someone.
arki, 24 Mar 2011what are the pro's and con's of java and symbian? i really cant understand what are these thin... more=symbian=
- open operating system
- supports both symbian and java applications and games (.sis or .sisx and .jar)
- more office applications
- more 3rd party developers support
- can be affected by a virus
- unstable and slow, tend to be freeze or hanged
- outdated interface
=java= (SE java platform)
- support multitasking
- hard to be affected by virus
- flash based user interface, easy to customise (themes, animated or flash based wallpaper, wallpaper app, etc)
- advanced java platform
- closed operating system, limited software to run on diff java platform
- less support from 3rd party developers
- hard to find a full function/capability office application (usually can't open or working on certain size of files)
quem, 23 Mar 2011just bought the phone 3days ago, i got the rose pink one coz the black color is not available ... moreif you want to have flash themes, watch this video at youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ9Iw_24xp0
you can also try at zedge.net
Hi. Which is better? Elm or Samsung chat? I still don't know what to buy. *confused*
what are the pro's and con's of java and symbian? i really cant understand what are these things. hehe.
katiya, 23 Mar 2011Please help ELM or C5???I would recommend Elm if you are looking for a good non-smartphone, it is far better than C5 in some aspects: it has better screen (clear and brilliant compared to C5), very good camera (just type in "sony ericsson video sample" in youtube) etc. On the other hand, Elm's GPS-navigation is free for only first month. Actually I would say if you need a smartphone with free GPS, go for C5, if you need a phone that is good for anything else, go for Sony Ericsson Elm.
katiya, 23 Mar 2011Please help ELM or C5???Bro c5 having s60 os that means it support many useful software and apps.it has lifetime free navigation through nokia maps.c5 having great internet and 3g speed.where as elm java mobile which support only limit sw.technically elm having more feature than c5.but its java based mobile.this is the main drawback.
can one use nimbuzz in this phone???
if yes, can one make a call using nimbuzz??
It's like the best phone I've ever had! It has GPS, it can connect to Wi-fi connection, it's not too big, it's simple! I dropped it quite often and yet it still survived. The only thing that's not quite good is that the design of the back cover is arched, and it makes me hard to put it on the table, because it keeps spinning and it doesn't look so good. The other weak poitnt is that my D-pad got rusty and it smells! Well, it's just the "exterior" that's not quite good, inside, it's a really good phone, and it has everything that people need in a phone! I'm still hoping for an Android though =P
Techno, 22 Mar 2011NO screenguard.....remember it is a greenheart series phone; so minimum of plastic stuff :D ... morethanks a bunch Techno. im a ease now. hahaha :)) i think am gonna buy a screen protector
whats the latest software version of this phone please?
mine is currently R7CA061.. how do i download themes on my phone? thanks.. ELM rocks i just bought this phone 3 days ago and im loving it.. :)
just bought the phone 3days ago, i got the rose pink one coz the black color is not available anymore here in sony ericsson in my city.. so far the phone is great, loudspeaker and browsing 2 thumbs up! ;p
i have a question though: im about to update my phone my phone version is 1231-1907R7CA061100619.. is this the latest version? and where can i get new themes for my elm?how do i install it? thanks help is greatly appreciated.. i love my elm rose pink.. ;p
Anonymous, 22 Mar 2011hey,my phone accidntly falled on the ground.cn any1 say wil dr b any prb..... Mine dopped more than 10 time . Nothing happened. But , one time the glass of the screen crashed. Have it replaced at Sony Ericsson centre in 5 minutes. This set is very strong . I have Aspen also , but I use this because it is very slim and user friendly.
Anonymous, 22 Mar 2011hey,anybody know how to save battery life......Saving battery
The common tips...
(There are 3 big battery-eaters. First one is phone calls. You can do nothing here coz that is the purpose of it. Second one is the phone trying to grab signals when the network is weak or changing like while you are travelling. Here also the option is to switch off the phone or use flight mode when the network is weak, but you probably wont like to do this too. The third factor is display brightness. But this has been well managed in Elm. The screen brightness is reduced to 80% by default compared to other phones and the light sensor does the rest. So You may not like reducing brightness further because Elm's screen is just-enough bright for the above reasons.)
So what remains for you to take care of...
1. Initialise your battery if your phone is fresh. Infact it is to be done before the first use, as early as possible- keep charging for 7-8 hours. The phone will show fully charged after 2-3 hours; IGNORE.
2. Since Lithium-polymer battery has no memory effect, you need not and should not discharge it fully before recharging. If possible, recharge it when 20-30% remains or atleast 15%.
3. Turn off bluetooth/wifi/3G/ when not in use
4. Minimal use of vibration mode
5. Minimum use of java apps running in background
6. Minimum use of animated or flash swf wallpapers.
7. Minimum use of GPS. If you are signed into latitude and keep sharing position while you close google maps, gps may be still working.
There can be more tips..but what's in saving battery if you can't use your phone? Elm is a powerful functional tool.. you bought it for using wifi n gps n all..so my advise- use your phone well and recharge it every night, how's that?