Is it just normal to get scratches in the screen while using the stylus or should I send my phone for a repair?
nada, 10 Jun 2009which is better g700 or g705 its upto your own preference/decision both are great phones!
yun, 30 May 2009this phone is nice but the battery isn't.. i lowered the brightness level, turn to gsm mode on... moretry to do ds;at standby mode,click more and then select task manager,then end/close d applications that r still running.
seg700, 07 Jun 2009g700 is one of the best smartphone!you gotta be kidding me
HEY please teach me how to use the setting of g705 to my g700.................... is it possible?????????? pleaSE.....
Anonymous, 05 Jun 2009one main thing i don't like bout this phone is that it takes to long to load applications.. es... morei'm very disappointed with sony ericsson.. this phone is nothing but a waste of money !!
ok, this is the crappiest cell phone i've ever bought in my entire life !! it takes forever to start an application, turn on, bla bla bla .... and it has a rubbish battery and camera :) DO NOT BUY IT !!!
i wasted $380 buying it :( i should've bought nokia 3330 instead !! LOL !!
one main thing i don't like bout this phone is that it takes to long to load applications.. especially writing a message.
after selecting "Create new message" and selecting "SMS", it takes too long to open. when it does, selecting contacts is way longer. when the contacts apear, searching for your recipeint, takes even longer. It would take about 2 mins before i can start typing my msg. very annoying.
camera button when pressed often times hangs the unit. nothing will respond. only way to fix it is to remove the battery and re-attach it again..
very disappointing phone. don't waste your money with this phone.
I have my G700 but i Have a lot of problem, everytime i turn off my phone it will re-start again-and-again. I let it checked by Sony ericsson service center and the diagnosis is to replace the board and it aneconomical solution. This is the worst sony ericsson phone i ever had. Don't buy one unless you want to waste your money. I think K300 is still the best SE phone, i have it for more than 3 years now and still like brandnew except for the joy stick..hehehe.. SE, improve the battery life of all the cellphones you're producing. it makes the SE reputation ghost.
my battery lasts upto 4-5 days with regular calls and texting. pretty good ha!
The phone is good but the problem is if your not using Black berry better to unintsall the application and don't use business or personal transitions/effects this will increase the battery life. i'm getting 3 days of battery life.
this phone is nice but the battery isn't.. i lowered the brightness level, turn to gsm mode only, and switch off unnecessary applications like screen saver but still, the battery don't last. any tricks? thanks!
1. Slower than Nokia
2. No Wi-Fi
3. Camera no autofocus
1. Cheap (only USD 188 in my country Indonesia)
2. So many applications
3. Accessible, usable, and comfortable keys
4. Nice looking phone with cool UI and animations
6. Nice camera features (3.2 MP, flash, panoramic shot)
1. The accessible and useful keys make the stylus is just a 'styling' thing. So I only use the stylus for gaming, browsing, etc.
2. The animations on the standby screen is a cool thing. But I turn off the menu icons animations for better performance.
3. I restart the UIQ OS daily and close unusable applications to prevent hanging.
4. The lock key on the side is useful for me. e.g. I wrote sms or email and I wanted to continue writing later without going to the standby screen first to lock the keys.
5. The touchscreen needs good care. So I bought a screen protector and I'd put it in the soft case rather than in my jeans/pocket to eliminate pressures on it.
6. The dimension is very comfortable on hands. It has a consistent 'round-corners' and circle design.
7. The backlight is friendly to eyes, even under sunlight.
8. Don't drop the phone. Every cellphone doesn't want to be dropped.
9. This phone is good for business. It has excellent organizers and contact informations.
10. Use it carefully and patiently.
len, 17 May 2009Been using this G700 phone for about 5 months now, the touchscreen was OK, it does freeze some... morei definitely agree with you. i hate this phone. at first i thought it was just the unit that i'm using. but when i had my unit changed, the same problem happened. this phone has many defects. it hangs. sometimes, the keypad hangs. other times, the touchscreen isn't working. i also experienced the phonebook cannot be accessed. delayed text messages. messaging is corrupted. calls were also blocked. i already called sony ericsson customer service. but the agent told me that this model has a problem with the Operating System. so why not pull this model out of the market. i had so much regard for SE because my old phone a K750i was really amazing (even if my kid had dropped this many times). but with this G700, i really got very disappointed. it's not worth your money.