Believe me. In my 30 years of life, I had neveer made a worst decision that that of buying this crapiest product from SE. Biggest mistake i did was that I never read any Net review of this phone before buying. If I would have seen this page, i might have never bought this. Camera 5 MP is not even equivalent to 2 MP K 750I or W 800I ( My earlier phone, Classic phone must say ) Wifi is waste, 3G is not proper, battery charge last for may be 3 or 4 songs in full sound. My advice DONT EVEN THINK OF BUYING SE G 900i. instead buy a 30 dollor Nokia basic camera phone. You wil be much satisfied.
Anonymous, 12 May 2010the specifications and the features are good, but i think they are pretty much compressed that... moreThe display and also processor problems are highly common with the G900. This happened to mine after 4mths, then sent over 2 months being 'repaired' before they decided they could NOT repair it. It is a serious flaw with this model. I do believe it is has been pulled from the market - maybe because of these issues. Try searching for on in the EU on eBay and you won't find a single one.
the specifications and the features are good, but i think they are pretty much compressed that the system cannot handle anymore... so sad, i already got several issues with it just on the 2nd week of use and in fact, i had it first (take note, first repaired!)on the first month because it hangs a lot! i waited three weeks for the service center to repair it (sony ericsson SM North EDSA annex, to be particular) and it is tooooo annoying because i paid much for something that i was not able to utilize!
and worse, the lcd went off after two months. so i brought the cp for repair again, and waited not only 3 weeks, but more than a month to get it again. but worst of all, the cp broke its processor down 2 months after 2nd repair. it literally took vacation at the service center for 4 months (it passed the holiday season in 2009, just got it in january this year). they ended up changing the whole unit but so sad, the unit they replaced it with is set for Singapore users. until now, i am having difficulties using it because the space and the # keys are not functioning properly. i can no longer send it for repair because they say that it is out of the 1yr warranty and they will charge me 5thousand pesos for repair. really, really bad choice. i am really disappointed
Good phone, battery performance is quite bad (approx. 2-3 days of 'normal' use), good value for it's money.
So is this phone nice to use ? I want to buy a new phone but budget 200 and below and now having problems finding .. please help to give some advice and feedbacks thank you. :D
i have used it for few months and i have problem with the phone.... anyone have comment about this?
Man. This is One Helluva phone.
Mind boggling features.
Its the Battery which is a big dumbo for this genius.
Instant viewing of Notepad, sms, scribbling feature in notepad, Tasking from any point in the phone through Task Manager, and many others, simply outa the world. You might not find in phones released even recently. In 2007-2008 they could think of everything which is happenning NOW.
Just improve the speed, battery life, remove the dumbo keypad, add a couple of soft-keys under the screen, add a slider key pad hidden under the screen or improve the existing touchscreen to replace the key-pad, & I assure you nothing comes closer to this phone.
ng_lee, 02 Mar 2008Can someone tell me if the battery cover made of what?metal?It plastic
RUMMAN , 12 Apr 2010i want to buy dis cell !!! it is goog 4 roughuse or not!!!!!!!I dont know whether this phone is for rough use or not, but my usage was 4-6 hours a day, and after one and half years, I banged the phone to floor, and am googling to buy a new phone now.
alisha, 18 Apr 2010how can i change icons on my g900? pls anybody answer!!!I never could find an option to change Icons, downloaded and istalled themes.
Aman, 26 Apr 2010Can i open Word,Excel etc?This has some QuickOffice and PDF+ with which you can open excel and word files.
Itz been one and half year that I'm using this mobile. I almost never saw a sony erricson phone without a major functional issue.
These are the functional issues that I faced over past one and half year
1) Slow, but not frustrating.
2) Pictures would be nice only in broad day light, any indoor pictures are worth garbage.
3) Some 'dumped file created' issues.
4) Automatically restarts as part of some automatic phone recovery (rare, but yes, it did happen)
5) Audio and charging sockets are one and the same; so, the phone developed a loose contact over time.
6) Touch screen developed an error which is minimum to the top left, and maximum at bottom right of the screen (You cant 'touch' anything on bottom right of the screen)
7) The phone normal speaker (not speakout) loudness faded off over time.
8) The black strips above and below the touch screen are black stickers which peel off making the phone vulnerable to my own sweat and grease while I talk.
9) Maximum of three 'alarms' can be added, manage the rest in 'calander'
10) Should keep in mind that the mobile is slow while using WLAN. Be careful, dont get frustrated.
11) The browser offered does not support Flash!
12) The phone rarely opens WMV files. It should either open, or not open, but what is this? It sometimes opens depending on its mood!
13) Always shows out of phone memory, but the phone always shows only 10 MB of phone memory is consumed, and my 2GB phone card is almost empty.
14) A snap from the camera sometimes has right half of the picture out of focus, and left half in focus. Ah! What a feature!!
15) I could not discover shortcut key to 'mark' a file using keypad.
16) Now after one and half year, the touch screen simply died!
One good thing is that, the phone is so well engineered that, it survived the big bang the day before yesterday when I banged it to the ground with all the energy I have.
Its really a good phone m hvng it frm abt 6 months bt still m nt able to use internet on it. i wish someone help it out.
its worst phone i have ever used got changed my ses mother board twice even thoung not working clearly