This phone crap! I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy!
I got a Sony Ericsson Naite (J105a) just over 2 years ago. I am usual pretty laid-back about phones as for me they are only an emergency devices, so I tend to keep the same phone for 5 or more years until there is an insurmountable problem that necessitates getting a new one. This phone however is so badly programmed that I'm changing phones as soon as I can after my contract is up. Furthermore, when I told Sony Ericsson, repeatedly, about the problems I got no response at all other than the automated ticket number dispenser E-mail.
The problems I've encountered are.
1. Although it is possible to change between Standard Time (ST) and Daylight Saving Time (DST) manually there is nothing in the manual about how to do it. (I found it accidentally.)
2. Changing the time, regardless of whether time is changed by:
A. using the phone's ST to DST change feature,
B. changing the actual clock time, either by,
using the phone's time setting feature, or
using the PC Suite/Companion time setting feature, or
allowing the service provider to change the time.
changes the times of ALL the entries in the calendar.
This means that appointments are move ahead or back as the the switch to or from ST - DST is made requiring all the entries to be corrected.
3. Backing up the phone, changing the time, and then restoring the calendar exacerbates the problem by:
A. changing all entries in the calendar to appointments,
(i.e. birthdays, vacations, and events are ALL become
B. turning off the All day tags.
I suspect that this is the case for all restores!
4. When entering an annual event (such as a wedding anniversary, or the anniversary of an important event (such as the 1st moon landing)) the calendar will not accept any dates before 1971. Currently the only way to add such a date is to categorize the event as a 'Birthday.' (There should be an 'Anniversary' tag.)
5. The Delete function removes data items indiscriminately. It should be possible to set a bit, in a data item such as blood test results, to prevent automatic removal.
6. When tagging an entry as a 'Birthday' it is saved as a 1 time occurrence, unless changes are made manually. The 'All day' and 'Yearly Recurrence' tags should be set automatically. (This should be true for the 'Anniversary' tag also.)
7. 'Birthdays' are displayed as a 'Special Day.' The age of the person/event should be displayed. i.e This is the 43rd anniversary of the 1st moon landing or This is Albert Einstein's 133rd birthday.
8. When an entry in the calendar is edited, regardless of whether or not the 'Recurrence' bit is set to 'Yearly' the entry is treated as if it is a 1 time occurrence, even 'Birthdays!' However, when the 'Find' function is used the entry is displayed as having the 'Recurrence' bit set.
9. Sony Ericsson PC Suite/Companion recognizes only the 'Appointment' tag. The 'Birthday,' 'Vacation,' and 'Other' tags are ignored.
10. Floating dates can not be entered. (i.e. Labour Day is the 1st Monday of September not a fixed calendar date.)
11. When PC Suite/Companion upgraded the software on the phone there was no warning to back up the phone first! All the Java apps I added and their associated data were wiped out!
12. After about a year the connector of the headset I bought would not maintain contact, unless I held it, so the headset became useless. Even the charger started misbehaving.
All in all , I think it's a crappy phone! I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy!
anyone can help me.i have problem with this set.when i am connect for charging its not charge and handsfree also not connect.........please help me
i think connecter have the problem......
Can anyone suggest me a Java application which can automatically respond to messages or missed calls. A quick reply would be appreciated.
jhantu mandal, 29 Apr 2012this phone is to good and am souid a few days Is this a smartphone
It looks good, it is thin and light in weight but I have faced lots of problems after using it for a while: 1) Battery runs out quickly, unless I am not really using it and just leave it in standby mode. 2) The recycling "green" material used to make this phone is pretty weak. The back cover's shape deforms and doesn't hold to the phone body tightly, in less than a year. 3) I cannot use any MP3 ringtone another than those come with the phone. Unfortunately, the built-in ringtones are not loud enough. 4) The vibration alert is weak. 3)&4) have made me missed lots of calls. 5) Sometime some of the pictures taken are missing from the picture folder in the phone without a reason. I don't know where to find them. 6) After a year of using the phone, some buttons sometimes are not responding.
I gave up this phone after using it for 13 months.
Sayalah, 23 Apr 2012I just bought this phone yesterday. Right now everything is okey. but I didnt get manual on th... more@sayalah hi where can i purchase this phone from ,i searched but i am unable to find....
I have used J105i almost 3 years. Lately I sold it as I need to top up to buy a new mobile phone. I regret selling it off as my new phone does not meet my requirement. I tried to searching one for J105i but most dealers/tele shops does not sell anymore J105i. If have the one they are selling are recons or ap sets at high prices. Can u please tell me where i can get one with reasonable prices. Thanks
I am using naite for 1 year.it is d most featured java phone that I had ever used.the preloaded facebook and twitter apps is superb. But I have problems regarding it's battery back up.wen I use ma phone it's battery's percentage drops suddenly.sumtimes it will switch off suddenly with out any warnig...wat is it's proble is it a software complaint? pls help me guys..
Sayalah, 23 Apr 2012I just bought this phone yesterday. Right now everything is okey. but I didnt get manual on th... moreU can get the manual in this handset itself. Jst follow below mentioned steps:
Main Menu >> Settings >> User Guide.