1) Can you play the mp3-song in the K300 with the media player?
2) Do you mean ring-tone when people call you up or do you mean as message alert? Changing message alert cannot be done other than the pre-installed variants given with the phone.
Yes i can play the mp3 song with my k300i a nd yes i mean when someone calls me i want it to play the mp3.. it wont let me click 'use as alarm or ringtone' for the 3 mp3s i have on my fone..
The K300i supports AAC-mono only, not stereo. Also K300i only supports AAC-LC. Are you using AAC-LC or AAC-HE?
The difference between LC (Low Complexity) and HE (High Efficiency) is as follows:
These are two of the various Object Types in the MPEG4 Systems Standard. LC is the most popular Object Type with all encoders/ decoders supporting it. Currently some companies have incorporated the HE AAC standard into their encoders, which allows for higher quality sound at lower bitrates then the LC Object Type does (at the same bitrate). The HE Object Type is only used for music with a bitrate of less than ~80kbps.
First you need this: a IR-port on your PC!
1) put on the IR-port on the phone; menu > connectivity > IR-port >10 minutes
2) put the phone with it's IR port against the PC's IR-port - but leave 10-20 cm gap.
3) now the PC should give a little message saying it has detected your phone.
4) right-click the mp3-song you want to send - chose send > "to another computer"
5) Now your phone will ask you for permission to receive the file. Click yes. Keep the phone in the same place, or you will lose connection.
6) Wait until the file is sent. This can take quite a while for bigger mp3 files. IR is quite slow.
7) You are ready!
Are you sure the java games and applications you want to upload are:
1) compatible with K300i?
2) not protected against copying? THe K300i checks program flags to see that files are allowed to be sent (DRM; digital rights mgmt)
1. have you put the IR on, in the phone? DO you have it directed towards the computer IR port around 20 cm away? The computer doesn't detect anything??
2. You have to install this first. Go to www.sonyericsson.com/support, click the K300i model, click "Picture messaging (MMS)" and follow the instructions. Don't forget to restart your phone just like you should do with a PC when installing new programs.
you can change the length of video recording. When in video mode, press more and then "recording length". Change from "for picture message" to "unlimited".
What you have now is optimized for sending MMS.
I just love the phone,though the camera isnt so good,and clear,and the video recording is just 14 seconds,anyway its doing a good jod for me as far as i am concerned.
Hey i bought this phone, its the vodafone version but im not sure if its any different.
i have two problems with it
1. the infrared doesnt seem to be working
2. i cant send or recieve pxt msgs or mms msgs
can someone please help me out here
i have bought dcu11 cable and installed the necessary softwares. i could transfer images sounds, themes pretty well. but i cant upload java games and application from my pc. please help me. thank u.
thanks Colnagoguy for helping me but it still having the same problem .anyway i'll
figure it out now from ma network.
How can I put my mp3s onto my k300i? I have sound editor and it says you can use infared with it. I dont get how to use it..
its impossible to get the same featured phone phone from any other mobile company at this price range.you get video recording , infrared , 40 polyphonic ringtones , gprs etc.what else can u expect at this amazing price ?
& ya , one thing more, I transfered 4 to 5 times, different aac songs bt it doesn't work on my mobile , although it does work on my pc .
the song is transfered to OTHERS folder in mobile, tell me wat to do ?
I just bought the k300i today and i think its a cool phone, but i was a little bit disappointed when i found out it does not have a blue tooth. No matter though, because am i sony ericsson man all through no other phone for me.
Am a Nigerian, never used another brand of phone and i will not.
Both Nokia 6020 and K300i have VGA camera. There is no difference regarding camera.
are you using the DCU-11 cable? If you have the correct cable and software installed this should not be a problem:
1) insert the DCU-11 cable into your usb port. The phone shuld be on.
2) doubleclick the Sony Ericsson File Manager icon on your desktop
3) doubleclick "My K300i"
4) double click "sounds"
5) drag and drop the mp3-file you want to have in your k300
6) the phone should play a simple melody as confirmation that something has happened - you are done!
i buy this model yesterday. i live in Romania
and I discover the folowing bad points:
1)evan this model is sell in Romania ,it is no romanian languages in writing meniu;
2)Agenda don't show in meantime both sim card numbers and phone numbers;
3)fotocamera is exteemely weak;
advise better buy nokia 6020
hi there, im able to transfer pics from my com to the phone, but can't do the same for my mp3 files even though i used the sound editor..can someone help me with this? Really appreciate the help.
the day after i bought this phone the joystick screwed up. so know i have to wait for a new one.
i was pretty happy with the phone althought the screen is a little dull. a external memory slot would be great though.