Hi there ,I am planing to buy this phone for my girlfriend .Can you tell me where to download drivers for this model? I have downloaded software from their site ,but cant find driveres.Thanks
1) K300i can hold around 100 sms of ordinary size. The phone warns you when you have 90-95% full capacity. This also includes outgoing sms, so usually it helps to just delate all in the oputgoing box before having to deal with ingoing messages.
2) The number of photos that can be stored in normal VGA 640x480 mode depends on the qulaity of the pictures (dark pictures take less space). The photos are between 25-50kB each. It also depends if you store other games/videos etc. To begin with you have between 10-12 Mb free space depending on which operator you chose. If you just keep photos you can store between 200-400 pictures in the phone.
3) Uploading your pictures, videos, themes, games etc is possible if you are allowed to (digital rights - usually paid games etc will not allow this). If you have a laptop you can use the Infrared (IR) window on the top of the phone to connect to the IR port of your laptop. If you do not have an IR-port on your PC you can use a cable accessory (DCU-11) to connect via the PCs USB-port.
same site for wallpapers....
can somebody please help me. I want this phone but don't know how many text messages the phone can hold and how many pics can be stored at any one time. Also can you upload your pictures and videos onto your PC. Please can somebody let me know ASAP. thanks p.s i no i've posted this twice the other has a wrong e-mail adress
to colnagoguy!!!!!!!where can i found free wallpapers for k300i!thanks for free themes site!
please specify; I don't understand: you want to buy a GO-game for K300? What is "GO MOBILE" - is this some operator slogan?
Have you activated your WAP-cabability thru
Please show me where the DCU 15 cable is on the web? I cannot find it on the Sony Ericsson site or, actually ANY site at all, even by using Google! Have you bought a pirate cable?
Also, please make sure you contact Sony Ericsson, not Sony. Sony Ericsson has their own helpdesk.
I have contacted Sony 3 days ago but they arent replying. Also,,DCU-15 cable exists and has fit perfectly with k300i phone.
"I bought a data cable DCU-15 for my mobile phone Sony Ericsson k300i. I have all the drivers and the file managers installed. I then enabled the COM Port used in the Phone Monitor Options in the Control Panel. Still when I open my file manager, it says that no mobile is connected. No synchronising is also possible. Please help me to transfer the photos from my mobile to the PC."
this phone is really great!it has unlimited video clips really long recording so that is a big advantage because usually phones can only reacors for 2 min or 1 BUT this phone can record over 5 minutes isn t that great?!!!!it has unlimited video clips and great effects like sepia solarize and loads more but here is my question FROM WHERE can i buy games for a GO MOBILE phone?
you can find free themes at:
You have 10-12 MB space in the phone, independent of whether you have music, photos, games etc. How much space you have for Mp3s depends on how much space you need for other files.
As mentioned earlier, the number of photos that can be stored in normal VGA 640x480 mode depends on the quality of the pictures (dark pictures take less space). The photos are between 25-50kB each. It also depends if you store other games/videos etc. If you just keep photos you can store between 200-400 pictures in the phone.
A rule of thumb is that in normal compression you have about 1 minute mp3 music for every MB memory. So normally you will only have space for 1-2 songs if you also have a lot of photos games etc stored.
Again, the reason there is mp3 capability on this phone is not for playing a lot of songs, but so that you can use mp3 files as ring tones. If you want a real music machine go for W800.
I want to know that how much memory does this phone have for the songs? an average MP3 consists of 3 MB or so.. so it means only 1,2 songs can come in the mobile because the set's whole memory is 12 MB.. in which most of it will be taken for pictures and short video clips.. please reply.. if coolnagauy is there i want to say that you have full command on this phone so do tell me.. many thanks...GD
where can i found themes for k300i!please give mee some web adress!plsssss
The cable you need for K300 is DCU-11, not DCU-15 (DCU-15 does not seem to exist?)?
Check out their troubleshooting guide on this page:
On the same page you can also find out how to contact Sony Ericsson support if this does not help you.
I bought a data cable DCU-15 for my moble phone Sony Ericsson k300i. I have all the drivers and the file managers installed. I then enabled the COM Port used in the Phone Monitor Options in the Control Panel. Still when I open my file manager, it says that no mobile is connected. No synchronising is also possible. Please help me to transfer the photos from my mobile to the PC. Somebody help mE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As mentioned earlier to someone with the same questions:
1) if you only plan to do this a couple of times - option b) thru friends laptop (or maybe you have access to a laptop at work? Email the files to yourself at work!
2) if you plan to do this many times with smaller files - option a) IR port
3) if you are a serious user and use K300 to the fill extent with daily sychronizations of calender etc - use option c) data cable
Thanks for your reponse Colnagoguy
Which is the better option? I like the sound of an infrared port but know very little about this type of thing. What would you recomend? and how easy is the process of transfer?
Thanks again - FB
Do you have an Infra Red port on your PC?
If you don't you either have to
a) buy a Infra Red port for your PC
b) email your mp3 song to someone who has an IR port on their PC (most laptops have one)
c) or buy the data cable I have mentioned beneath in another post
I know I'm being lazy here (still haven't worked out how to search this particular forum!), but can anyone give very straightforward instructions on how to download a single Mp3 song from my own collection on my desktop PC to my K300.
Any help, much appreciated. Thank you