Probably you would consider reading this site too to get the glimpse & to get some downloads :
Here are some drawbacks(my own experiences) that i found in SE K530i :
1) camera - no flash, no auto zoom and it's only 2 mpixel. not so good quality for night photoshot. if you're photo enthusiast then go for a better mpixel with flash and auto zoom phone.
- to zoom a shot you need to be in a vga size and not 2mp or 1 mp.
- if night mode is on during still camera or video camera, it will slow down the movement of your subject. you will get blur/ghost result. - switch off night mode to have better result.
2) mute button & volume control - i found it hindering and hindrance when playing video & music player when there's no mute button but to press volume button on the side of the phone rather than using the keypad to mute and control the volume. imagine if you want to control it single handedly.
3) battery life - i would say it won't last long for heavy duty such as play games, videos and musics continuously. but still considered average if for light usage. as per stated on the spec (Stand-by Up to 395 h)(Talk time Up to 9 h)
4) user friendly - takes a while to master the menu navigation. if you're a nokia user beforehand,you might feel the differences. well that not much of an obstacle. just have to get use to something differ and new.
5) Memory - maximum upgrade 2gb. wish it be more than that. probably 5gb or 8gb. don't know what more things to install in future. games...movies...photos...and more games..or more musics probably.
Ok. overall i wud still give it an 8 out of 10. good side are the price is reasonable, with 3G(not much phone come this close), with GPS function(need a GPS Enabler HGE-100), video conference, rss feed. hey...where do get a phone with this price with this functions.
I just celebrated the anniversary of my phone w/c was bought October 28, 2007. So far, everything is good. Still has very clear camera, nice loudspeaker, still has NO PROBLEMS at all. Although my housing has dents all over bec. of my rough handling. This is my first phone that lasted for one year. Great job SE!
its a good phone..
adv: faster internet access, good sound quality (cant compete with walkman series though, good picture quality, looks good n compact..
disadv: no flash for camera, ear plugs are a bit too fat to fit your ears, not so great battery life..
Good sound quality.
3G fast internet.
fast speed user interface.
good camera for outdoor use.
over all a good phone for a reasonable price.
I bought this phone few weeks ago.not big trouble recently.connect the computer via usb had some problem. No off the phone display.after few minutes off the display only one time.
I hav been using this cell for six months. Very good camera and picture quality. One of the best feature is that it supports 3G networks which costly nokia phones dont. Dont worry about java OS, www.getjar.com has hundreds of applications for java phones. I hav unlimited internet pakage and many applications such as google maps, global radio, diffrent webbrowsers and much more. I am very much satisfied with this cell and wil remain stick to this brand.
brandon, 30 Oct 2008I'm actually planning to get one for myself this year but i'm a bit confused about it's clarit... moreIf u reli wan ur phone to be ur Mp3 player, why not consider W660, is basically the twin of K530. With the W tag, u know wat is in the pack. So why not consider W600. But price is slightly higher than K530, correct me if im wrong.
really nice phone ..
amazing sound .. challenges Som walkman Series ..
Gud Battery Life ..
Camera Quality Also Gud ..
Over All Value For Money
I'm actually planning to get one for myself this year but i'm a bit confused about it's clarity and loudness for MP3 and also is there a Mega Bass option for the said music format?..pls somebody help me to decide, tnx in advance..
Thanks for the response.... I didnt get answer if the Video tone can be assigned as alert for calls?
The specification here says 9 Hours Battery back up .. BUt if i read the reviews many people are frustrated with the battery backup.. Could anyone comment on this?
Guys please reply me for this
can.WMA files be applied as ring tones on this hanset
please respond to me in kind.
ei, i just have this phone three days ago! I bought this phone because, other than its price, it has a good feedback in this site... i would have to agree if someone would claim that it is an excellent. sound is great, the display i love it, the cam very amazing, connectivity on GPRS relatively fast compared to my motorola fon, design is satisfactory....
but i was sad to know that this fon worns out battery life easily (a major hindrance to maximize its feature)... another is that, just today, when i was about to check my fon if i got any message, i got paranoid when the fon didnt turn on (despite that it has still 80% battery when i last used it)... it took about 2 minutes that the fon restarted an turned on back... before this happened, i switch the profile to silent mode... after it had turned on back, i change turned of the silent mode but then it remains in the silent mode...Good thing everything were restored when i did a PHONE RESET.... im lucky enough to keep my files on my 1G memory card... A friend of mine told me that it "RESET PROBLEM" is usual to all units of Sony Ericsson fon regardless if it is cheap (as in the J210i) or expensive (as in P990) that hope this would help other users or future users in making up their minds with this phone.
Hi .. i am thinking of buying this phone but i have some doubts .. can anyone clear them?
1.whats the browsing speed if i use it for Internet with Laptop connected from Data Cable.
2.Can a video be assigned as a Ringtone ?
3.How about the battery backup?
K530I USER, 25 Oct 2008go to sony ericsson web site and you can send settings from there via sms. it is easy.I bought this K530i 3 months ago (july2008) I did not drop this phone or anything..but now it does not turn on..there's no problem with the battery as the"sony-ericsson" service center says. Right now I do not have a phone for a week, its still being repaired.
I lose my trust in this brand now.