i love k550i
But does anyone know if i could upgrade this one? For better pic quality in the dark, and also for the sounds.
an amzing mid range s/e phone. great camera, good for music and a great built in fm radion. as with the majority of s/e phones the batter life is amazing and I bought it for only £59.99 at my local o2 store
6233 also got 3G and great battery life. the loudest speaker in industry. this phone was also in my consideration,but after reading reviews i go for nokia 6233 ,the best NONONSENSE mobile.
go for NOKIA 6233 because it got all the functions. great body,keypads,display. got great VGA video recording at 15fps and also best double speakers in mobile industry, superior even to N95,N73,5700 etc. and guess its cheaper than K550. visit 6233 forum and you will know it.
I bought this set with many expectations after studying the features on this sight. But I disappointed to hear its low sound. very poor sound. Picture quality and features are not upto standard. No needed software can can be installed in applications. Battery is not good. Consequently I have decided to dispose it and buy another one. Can somebody guide me how to boost its sound??
can you use the flash/photolight as flash light? i have k600i and i like to upgrade to k550i but i want to know if i can use it as emergency flashlight.
If anyone can give information that what class of edge is used in this phone?
this phone is sick...the buttons take some time getting use to, but overall this phone has everything you could want for the price.
i bought this mobile month ago
i think it is great mobile
its features are perfect
only one problem with it ..that there is no luck code for this phone .. so no privacy in this phone...
other things are perfect (tell now)
and its price is good too
i wanted to buy the white one but i couldnt find it...
it is ringtone voice is nice
i liked it
I am looking to buy a new cell phone and I really like this model, but I want to know whether I can put this phone as a ring tone songs complete, because the W810 to be used that was not possible.
Someone can help answering this question?
I am planning to buy this phone. But the reviews say that its camera and battery life is not that good. Can someone email (firstname.lastname@example.org) me some pics taken in this mob k550. Also please let me know about the battery backup for a 3 hours call usage per day.
i went out and bought the phone from my wireless carrier and i was woundering i to find music notes for th ringtone generator???
take it slow, slow joe... hey guys, this is a phone that will blow your mind off! it has cool features, and you can even make a Cybershot-Walkman with it... its the best you'll ever get... i have this phone, and believe me, you can play with it, and do what ever you want it to do... its so amazing... yeah, but the camera is a bit (you know) in the dark though, but its awesome in taking pictures when the sun is setting... Cybershot-Walkman phones RULE!!
Hi Slow Joe, why are u so slow? I already post here before u were born. This is a great site by the way. Long live gsmarena. And joe, u just play with ur nokia 3310 ok.
Good telephone sound and many nice features.
Misses calls! Very bad, disqualifies it.
Camera not as sensitive in dark as the one in K750. Keypad/keys way too small for man's hand and fingers. Too bad SE doesn't learn from mistakes and make one good phone. Mobile phones are today just an expensive lottery, cheap quality, bad function.
i would never recommend this fone i mite aswell buy a pay fone this fone is bound to pack up within 5months pic quality is terrible and batt life is poor remember me and leonardo you juz talk alot you know nothing
I like the design of this K550i very much. But I'm an extreme E61 user, since 2006. This is my review, hope they helps for people who wants to own the smart monster. & If u'd like to compare between the two phone, up to you. But i gotta tell you that those phone are stand on different category. E61 is full features business smartphone, while K550i is oriented more for fun in everyday usage.
Pros of E61:
+ superb voice clarity during calls
+ very good signal reception everywhere
+ great comfortable & classy thin design
+ good full-fuctional qwerty keyboard with some useful shortcuts of bluetooth, IrDA, etc
+ good & reliable phonebook
+ useful 64mb internal memory with more or less than 46,5mb ram always available in standby
+ fast writing speed in message or notes, no lag
+ as always, good organized calendar
+ great display quality
+ software compitability with other Nokia official themes of Eseries & Nseries making the phone's menu interface always look updated (this is a very good mark, by the way)
+ fast menu interface of the symbian OS
+ complete kinds of feature & connection such pop-portUSB, IrDa, Bluetooth, GPRS, EDGE, 3G, Wlan, Modem & PTT (the last one is totally useless in almost every country)
+ great internet browser plus WiFi
+ WiFi, Wlan, or whatever you'd like to call it- it's mean FREE internet connection. I'm using this feature a lot & this is the killer feature of this phone. I bought this unit 90% reason is because of the avaibility of WiFi
+ nice and user-friendly mp3 player
+ very good music quality using original Nokia HS-23 handsfree set (found in-box with N80 or others)
+ editable equaliser for optimal good sound experience
+ remakable speed of menu operation even using 2gb card (I'm using original Nokia miniSD)
+ great build quality, steel-finished bodyparts
+ good battery life.
Cons of E61:
- it's a shame that the phone has a big 2.8" fabulous screen with 16 millions color with enough QVGA resolution, but don't feature a built in TV tuner, e. g. to watch news. (DVBH-TV is very much not welcomed however for it is not a FREE service)
- NO CAMERA (yes - business needs camera)
- so sadly, NO RADIO with RDS (Visual Radio is a plus, but it's service comes with a price, internet connection charge = not free)
- slow java (.jar games / application)
- slow message reading ..IF.. using memory card as the default sms storage
- very long phone start up lag when powered on
- joystick, not as friendly as Dpad
- if you install more than about 17 themes, than the new ones will replace the older one randomly, & sometimes it delete your favourite one (to be replaced with the new theme). Trust me it really hit you hard when happens :( maybe the maximum amount of additional themes are less than 20? you decide what best for your E61 however
- NO FLASH-BASED THEMES (if there is, would somebody kindly inform me where to download them for FREE?)
- only one minute voice recording available as default (don't talk about 3rd party software, - this is still a loss)
- not even standard repeat alarm available, even my previous entry-level Nokia 6030, 3120, 1600, 2310, 1200 has it.
- keyboard needs to be improved for maximum ease of use (straight example; while driving - even it's so unsafe using ANY phone, actually)
- disastrous & unrecognisable sound / ringtone / music quality when using maximum volume via loudspeaker (this one is a serious drawback of otherwise good phone)
- pop-port connector, not miniUSB
- not ergonomic sim card bed (this issue may only occur for people who changes their simcards often, it's not really matters actually)
- miniSD access possible only if you remove the battery cover first. Now the thing is about this, the Eseries born kind of all-business thing, so they were meant to keep the most secret valueable datas of the user very carefull, that means the storage (memory card) are designed to be located hidden under battery cover for maximum protection. But still, if you own this unit of E serie and if you keep confidential data on it, will you ever let anyone touch your phone from the first place? If anyone really wants your data they will just go (steal) for the phone, instead of the memory card only.
1. I don't miss a secondary videocall camera, but adding it will make it compelete of course. (or make it became Nseries-labeled?)
2. I know some of the above-mentioned cons are covered with the update model of E61i, but some things are just stand for itself. Like this unit, i just won't exchange it for E61i just because of minor issues above. Hope u get what i mean.
3. My E61 firmware is 1.0610.04.04 dated 19-04-06 code RM-89. I never, ever, not even once- update the software of my device. It still running smoothly with no error or crash at all in daily usage.
4. -Nokia Eseries E stand for Enterprise
-Nokia Nseries stand for "New Series" when first introduced to market it hit the world of mobile phones for their multimedia capability. Remember the slogan "See new. Hear new. Feel new." in N70, N90 & N91 advertising material? those are among the very first-introduced products of the Nseries line. Sounds familiar right
-Sony Ericsson P series stand for Professional
-Sony Ericsson M series stand for Mobility, a mobile office with a lot of functionality
-Sony Ericsson W series stand for -yes you all already know- Walkman
-Sony Ericsson K series stand for Kamera, mostly Cyber-Shot branded (I personally looove the design of K550i by the way. The white one looks very stylish & yummy)
5. So, should I still go for SE K550i? I don't think so. It's like the K550i is the lost love that i will never own, even it's in sight in front of my eyes. It is a product that I so badly wanted.. but not I really needed
6. I think I'll go for N93i instead of K550i. because that phone has the good-look i want, the Symbian smartphone features i need (+WiFi of course), & much more better camera for daily usage. But it comes with a price
7. Remember my name everybody.