Just bought this phone today and after getting my hands on it for a few hours I've come to the conclusion that I like it.
1. It's so much beautiful in real life, the pictures here on GSM arena does not do it justice.
2. I like its size- It's actually pretty thin. It's thinner than my sister w810 but its a tad bigger. It fits my hand perfectly well.
3. I like the camera cover, it looks great.
4. Great software- it basically has the same software as my sister's w810 but without the walkman. Either way you can still play music on it.
5. I like the headphones.
6. I was surprised at the prize-- I thought it was going to be a bit expensive but I found it affordable enough. 9,600 pesos or 208 dollars (excluding the memory card).
Not so great:
1. The speaker is not that loud, which is understandable because its not a walkman phone in the first place.
2. The keypad needs a bit of getting used to because their tiny.
3. The camera is not that great. The pictures are darker even with the light on. The sony w810 takes much better pictures than this phone and to think that this was supposed to be a camera phone.
Overall I did not regret my purchase. I've recently been converted to SE. They make the nicest phone ever: feature packed and aesthetically pleasing.
My friend has the w810 and de battery is very bad u hav ta charge it every day
i'm still debating whether to get k550 or w810. my main concern is the camera quality and the durability of the phone. which one is better?
hey all! does this phone has video recording and voice recorder??? how long?? im thinking of getting this beautiful phone for my birthday. thanks in advance guys!
i've been using this fone for last 4 months
everything sound gud, camera is gud, not need of 5mpixel fone more better, but in the night cameras are very blurred so pathetic.the quality of the sound is preity good. the main disadvantage is the looks of this fone doesnt looks like costly fone.
Hey Guys, Quite confuse what to do.... To me both the sets looks awesome which include Sonyericsson K550 n Nokia 6300. I am trying 2 buy a new set but i am confuse with one will be better Sonyericsson K550 or Nokia 6300.........by the way dose sony ericsson k550 support .sis files????? Any suggession guys????????????????
Very good phone with the better 2mpixel of the market. I prefer series K than W. More beautiful than w810. I probably by it! Here in Brazil the price is around 450 U$ Dollars
"Is it like i can copy texts frm an sms and paste it to a note and vice-versa?"
- Yes, u can do so and same in other places too where text edit/create is possible in the phone.
On K750 vs K550. Just relax.
- K550 certainly looks cool and sleek, packed with lots of intuitive features to name a few - added Cybershot camera options, D-pad replacing wearing out joystick, full screen video/movie view, Time line picture view, more memory(130+ MB) etc.
- Of course K750 scores in some areas like picture quality in night view(taken at low light).
Remember, k750 came at 2005 as against k550(2007). Lotz changed in this 2yrs.
- All I can say is K550 is an evolution of k750 and not a revolution.
In my opinion, its worth it to compromise on few and look forward to the latest.
No way, an w810 is a way beoautiful equipment compared to K550. Sorry, but i am a big HATER of K550, nearly bought it and happy not stuck with it. Hopeless design, K750 was way better. The back shutter was stong and stylish, k550 shutter seems to be made of a cheap material. Overall a useless phone. W810 rocks. (Copy pase is not a a very new feature, has existed with Nokia for a decade now.) nothing lucrative about K550. Spoilng the "CyberShot" name.
Thanks ppl, for ur sharp feedback! :-)
Hey ASK! Wat exactly did u mean by 'cut, copy, paste'? Is it like i can copy texts frm an sms and paste it to a note and vice-versa?
Take care, and hv fun. :-)
Well if Imaginf is ur primary concern, u shud get k750. HOWEVER, the k550 has an excellent stylish design, a better mp3 player, more usability features (cut, copy, paste), A2DP, Better back-lighting, bigger display, great looks, and the CYBERSHOT branding :)
Go for k550. It will please u :)
i guess, if ur main interest is the camera function, u should choose the K750, its supposed to be slightly better, but , hey, we r talking about mobcams here so ... but dont get me wrong, k550 camera is pretty good too!
check this link : http://forum2.mobile-review.com//showthread.php?t=63924
Hey ppl! Can anyone suggest me on deciding whether to buy a k750 or k550 when my prime concern is the 2 mp camera?
Take care, and have fun. :-)
Screen Resoloution 176*220 at 256k colours and 1.9 inches that many pixels in 1.9 inches it will be very clear 240*320 pixels 256k colours but at 2.3 inches bill also be clear
am planning to switch over from my existing w810i to this k550i Do u think it is a wise idea??????????
The most amazing and impressive thing of K550 is " it can store 1000 messages "
Recently bought this and it is a really great phone.
Pros - Great Camera (Nearly as good as K750) with lots of photo editing features such as cartoon mode, good looking phone/slim, very fast, brilliant screen (far better than 6300)
Cons - D-Pad is SHARP, be warned!!!, Feels likely to scratch easily, camera cover doesnt feel that durable and will probably wear out after much use (Test models in shops are pretty loose)
The keys really aren't that bead, in fact since they are spread out it is easier than most phones to hit the right keys. As I said, its the D-Pad that is the problem.
All in all Id recommend the phone for its features although the design won't be too everyones's tastes. In heinsight I wouldve probably bought a W810i as Id be less worried about scratches and problems with the lens cover breaking.