this phone is a good basic phone.
music and ring tones are loud and clear.
only 2 feedbacks:
1. an average camera. pictures not clear in poor lighted area despite the flash light.
2. uploaded wall paper not as clear despite being a 256K phone.
I am hunting for a new phone right now. I am a w550i user and i am satisfied with this phone except for its camera.
so i am looking for phone which has good camera but still not too big in my pocket.
is it realy worth to buy k550i rather than K750i? in my country the price of k550i is around 25 usd higher than k750i.
lets make a comparison:
camera: k550 wins ??
music: ... wins?
To all k550i users...
When we attach the handsfree cable, does the wire of the handsfree face the bottom side or the top side... I mean to ask in which direction does the wire go from, south or north?
I heard that the further version offers 512MB M2 included. Is it true? What applications are there in the phone? Is the music player good? User friendly? Which is better compared to walkman player or k800's? Thank you.
I've had this phone for five days. Here are answers to some of your questions:
- the camera is very good for a snapshots, even in pitch black - I took a photo with LED lights on and could see objects 5m away. At parties the photos are good, and very good in daylight. Don't fuss about megapixels - I only use 1meg anyway - don't print. Just get yourself a 2Gb memory card and use the excellent timeline view built into the phone.
- videos: tried all sorts: no mpg, no avi, and with wmv it only plays the audio.
- the web browser is very good, I use it all the time now... 60MB data usage in past five days (thankfully, I've got a flat rate tarrif).
- very fast Java engine - runs all the apps I've tried so far, most important is Opera browser that starts instantaneously. Took 10 seconds on my V3.
- recommend a silicon case to put it in. Keeps it clean, scratch free and hides the ugly styling.
- the only bad thing are teh buttons, which try one's patience. Person who desigend them should be sacked. It'd be great if it had normal buttons, but because of the buttons I'm afraid I'd recommend you buy a Samsung.
mine comes with a 64mb m2 card, similar to what k800 has in the package. But you could always upgrade it upto 2gig.
I need few feedbacks from k550i users ( or people who have enough info on it) on the following Qs:
1. On Display (TFD display) :
How's the display quality? Is it comparable with W810/W800/W700? Is it too bright like in Motorola's low end phones?
Does it have a light sensor to auto adjust the display(as in w810/N72 at the top)?
2. On Camera (Cybershot - 3.8mm sensor) :
How's the quality of the photo taken at night under normal light(indoor/outdoor )? Will adding sony ericsson's photo light accessories improve quality(less noise)?
Is the Photo taken at "Fine" mode(at day/night) good enough for a good photo print(Normal size/Post card)?
Does it have "Red eye reduction" feature?
3. On music : Does the headset has stereo jack? Does it have w810 like ear bud? Is it HPM 70/65 head set or other?
4. On Key pad( i don't message much, but games yes some what) :
Are the keys easy and good enough to maneuver(including the navigation/joystick key)?
5. On Battery Life :
How long does the battery lasts? Say on a normal usage (1-2 hours of talk, music, games and few mins of camera/video)?
Does the TFD display improves battery life when compared to similar phones(W810/W800/W700)?
6. On Memory : I heard k550/w610 are overall faster in phone usage than the previous mobiles(W810/W800/W700) due to the new firmware, right? How it responds with a 1GB card? Does it supports other microSD cards(Transcend, Kingston)?
7. On Video : Is the quality/speed of the video (viewing music /film) pretty decent from these 3GP/other supported format (of course i cant a DVD one)? What's the supported frames rate? Can we play WMV files?
8. On Java Games/Themes/Application : Can we install supported 3rd party Java Games/ Themes/applications other than available at Sony ericsson site? Will the newly installed be available in their corresponding menu(Games, themes...) or in the File manager folder? Does the file manager recognize document files? Is there any mobile tracker software(like in Samsung phone) available for this phone?
9. Last but not least which is looks better White or Black and look wise which is less prone to dust/scratches? Is white available in India?
PS. I've already went through Forums, reviews(as these reviews are based on beta version) in the sites GSMArena, mobile-review.com, etc., Im open to new refs links.
Yup. Big list of questions.
crazy in indonesia this phone very very very best sellers!!!! this performance is very great..
if you have used any of these phones before and find it comfortable or okay then this phone is the same or better too...
SE P990/P900's Flip closed mode keypad
Nokia 8910/8910i/8855/N91 those nokias with sliding keypad cover
plz tell me guys is it difficult to write msgs with such small buttons of k550i
it's only their perception, due to the fact that gsmarena review stated that the quality of the shots are not comparable to the K750 using the beta version. people have got their insentives that the pictures are somehow uncomparable so even though they are looking for the pictures of K550 which are great, they still bear in mind the statement of the reviewer so they end up being uncontented with the quality. but the review is just a beta version review. we can't be sure if the final version is just the same as the beta, but the shots from the users on esato showed that K550 can really replace K750 on imaging quality. maybe the best thing for you to do is to test it by yourself.
If it's very good quality camera-phone(cyber-shot), then why people are complaining so much about it's camera result?
Is it really equivalent to other cyber-shot handsets or just a media campaign?
SeF : Thanks dear. The camera results definetely seem good. And who wants to take pictures in total darkness with a camera phone ! Thanks once again.
how large is the m2 included?
what applications are there in the phone?
I just bought this phone a couple of days ago in makati, philippines at around 10,000. I just added P350 for extended warranty on parts and services. The phone is fantastic for its price. I normally use my bluetooth stereo headset and it works seamlessly with the phone. The camera is great in outdoor and good lighting conditions but performs poorly on low-light conditions. But it does its job well. Comparing it wioth k750, it has more camera-functions than its older brother. The music (mp3 and radio) is also a good addition, but if you're a music-lover, its best if you buy its twin brother w610. Autofocus is the best - IN ALL ERICSSON PHONES!!! I usually take a snap of important documents and the camera taken READABLE still photos. The video is just a letdown since its resolution is very low compared to other competitors, but I'm not a video freak so its just ok with me.
Some people may not like the keypad, but its just fine with me. It maked the phone "classy" IMO. Come to think of it, nokia has similar keypads in n91 and 8850 right?
So if you're looking for a non-smartphone that has the functions of a basic smartphone, a good camera backed up by sony cybershot... And its slim!!! This is the perfect phone for you!!!