I have both Sony Ericsson K550i & K530i. Both sell at around Rs. 7500. If you do not need 3G i.e. fast internet data transfer which still a costly service in India, K550i beats K530i in every aspect, hands down. K550i have EDGE instead of 3G which provides slower data transfer via Internet than 3G, but then who cares.
Advantages of K550i over K530i ->
1) K550i has 77 Mb internal memory instead of 24Mb of K530i.
2) Both the phones uses 2 Mpix CMOS camera module & thatís where the similarity ends. While K550i camera module has Autofocus, the K530i does without Autofocus. As you can guess Autofocus camera modules are costlier than the ones without it and thus produce superior pictures.
3) K550i has active lens cover protecting the lens from dust & smudges where as K530i has no cover.
4) K550i has 2 LED lights which can be used as camera flash or torch light where as K530i has no LEDís.
5) K550i connectivity wise offers not only Bluetooth but also Infra-red port which is helpful to communicate with older mobile phones for data transfer where as K530i has only Bluetooth.
6) K550i is a quad band phone where as K530i is tri band.
7) K550i TFD display is brighter than TFT. A TFD display also consumes much less power than TFT, as low as now obsolete STN displays. Thus battery backup is better than K530i.
Advantages of K530i over K550i ->
1) Has 3G. Our country has no 3G and even if it is available within a year the cost to have 3G will be a lot.
2) K530i has a VGA video call camera; K550i does not have one but think how many times you have used it if it was available in your phone? K550i autofocus camera is far superior to the no autofocus camera of K530i.
3) K530i uses TFT display which is a much recent technology than K550i TFD. Amazingly, though K550i display is brighter.
4) The K530i keypads are bigger than K550i, so typing SMS in K530i is a breeze.
A letís make one thing clear, both K550i & K530i uses the same user interface, the SE A100 platform so they have the same audio, FM, video modules.
Every other performance aspects of both phones are identical.
If you have time visit these site
MHQ Camdriver for K550i/W610i (current 23.41) author Sonarikk510 from saratov, Russia heres the site:
New Modded Camera Driver for K550i/W610i author Chris067 from France
This site is for all k550i user who uploaded their photo. See the picture quality here;
This site is for modifying your k550i to W610i. Change camera driver, sound driver, adding flash themes etc.
p3p0142, 17 Jan 2009which would you prefer k550 or k610???plos replyI have both Sony Ericsson K550i & K530i. Both sell at around Rs. 7500. If you need 3G i.e. fast internet data transfer which is going to serve India in march,2009. K530i beats K550i in every aspect, hands down. K530i have 3G instead of EDGE which provides slower data transfer via Internet than 3G.
1)K530i has TFT display which is has more clear pixel (ie No glaring from the side view) than K550's TFD
2) Both the phones uses 2 Mpix CMOS camera module & that’s where the similarity ends .
3) K530i has Video Call Camera ,where u can do direct Video Conversation with your friends ,no matter at which place they lives.(international) but K550 it is completly NIL
4) K530i has better sound clarity than K550 due to its W880 module embedded in it
5) K530i connectivity offers Bluetooth ,PAN,Human interference Device.
6)K530 offers GPS with HGE-100.
Every other performance aspects of both phones are identical.
7) K530,W880,K610,W660,Z610,W850 are the same identical modules including internal memorey ,Cam, etc But K530 is cheaper when compared with the given phone and also having latest user interference.
p3p0142, 17 Jan 2009which would you prefer k550 or k610???plos replyprefer K530 which is the sucessor of K610
anoop, 11 Jan 2009How is the sound effect in k500i?The sound effect is best if you use original w-series headphones.
joseph, 14 Jan 2009Does enyone have the problem like i have with my k550. it's going turn off when isn't use. jus... moreIf the phone's not charging or not able to detect the head phone, try to clean the usb slot, otherwise service center is the best option.
cjraines, 15 Jan 2009I really like my SE K550i. It looks good, feels good in my hand, has good sound quality, has ... morethis is one of the best 2MP cams in the market ... it doesnt get better than this for 2mp fones ...
I really like my SE K550i. It looks good, feels good in my hand, has good sound quality, has good battery life but, unfortunately, the camera isn't as good as I expected. Overall it is a good phone and I would buy it again knowing what I know now.
Does enyone have the problem like i have with my k550. it's going turn off when isn't use. just staying on the table or in my pocket when i check is dead. then i turn on enter the pin and it's work. this is happend 5 or 6 time during the day or not having the problem 10 days is work pefect. then the problem is going on and on etc. the phone is 4 months old and in the service they tell me is softwer problem. they updated the softwer version end after 10 days the problem is back. phone is good i'm very satisfaid with them and i pay 120 euro. please somebody help me abaut my problem.
here's an udate from my k550i just recieved it from the repair facility of sonyericson and still its not charging and called them again and they said theres nothing wrong with the phone. so i went to a local cellphone store and check the charger and found out that the charger is defective. ived just wasted $12 for the shipping.
anoop, 11 Jan 2009How is the sound effect in k500i?u mean k550i i guess!
If u r using handfree,sound is pretty good for a branded camera phone.but inbuilt speaker is not that impressive.but i only use handfree to listen to music. if u can buy a one which comes with the walkman phones seperatly(HPM 65/70,etc) than the music experience will be really awsome.
anyway k550i doesnt have megabass.but the bass equalizer which it does have is more than enough for my ears..And u have the stereo widening option ;-)
Well i was satisfied with my sonyericsson k550i, but few days back my 2mp camera has turned upside down; that is when i go for taking any photo everything is just the opposite, like leg on the top and head is below. what is woerst that it is not storing any photos in its memory. I,m really vesed with it... Could anybody solve my problem...
goaaale, 08 Jan 2009I have both Sony Ericsson K550i & K530i. Both sell at around Rs. 7500. If you need 3G i.e. fas... moreAnd: camera has suprisingly many features and in good exposure this little thing sometimes delivers very good pictures. I have a Canon IXUS 40 (4mpix) and when the battery runs out (which it usually does) Im lucky to have my k550 digital camera with me to stand in, and not bad to have both flash and video feature to use. I bought a 1 gb M2 card right in the beginning and have never run out of space since. I have no interests in games so that feature in the k550 is hardly known to me. I had Sony Ericsson k750 and k550 was a worthy successor.
dinesh, 10 Jan 2009thats of course, if u r not using 3G!!!How is the sound effect in k500i?
anoop, 09 Jan 2009which one to choose between k550 and g502?thats of course, if u r not using 3G!!!
anoop, 09 Jan 2009which one to choose between k550 and g502?go for k550i...