Truely, your technical details and along with the data you have acquired ( with whatever means u have ) is very comprehensive and elaborate.. hats off to u.. People like you should blog/post more..
I am planning to take this for my friends, and with the details that u have provided, it really helped me in taking a decision..
This phone is excellent as can be seen from the reviews and opinions. A cybershot, so probably better than the rest of the nokia lot with 2mp cam,
The music quality is unparalleled , courtesy sony erricson branding..
The best part is the autofocus and pricing, absolutely a take-away deal..
So people, go for it..
And thanks again ,Rishi guru..
for a budget cyber shot it offers enough picture quality but i have to agree with what they have said in the gsm arena review it wont give quality as much as other cyber shot models , maybe its cuz its a budget model , the pictures u take gets a bit darker in the night but its doing fine in day time . i really like the s.e. firmware so no questions asked i love it and its one of the fastest (one thing i really cant understand is that s.e. keeps using the same firmware on most mobiles over and over again anyway that maybe cuz its fast and users love it)
best phone ever. get it quick cause its like TANK, fastest sofwere i ve ever seen ncie camera optoions...
does anyone know where can i download office document viewer application for my k550i??
This phone is inditructable!!!!! it has been crushed, kicked, drowned, and used as a hammer once, yet it still lives on!!!screen goes white a bit but that doen't happen if u dont do what i wrote. the video is not the best but is still pretty good. pictures are great. sound is a bit weak but good quality. out of all the phones at that price range i give it 10/10.
quite frankly brilliant. i strongly recommend it to any one who has a nack for dropping or breaking things. it won't break. trust me.
RishiGuru, 20 Dec 2008Truly excellent mobile phone! I have one since January 2008 & man it rocks and beat's the Noki... moreRishi, excellent comparison.
but you missed one thing..
It has a active lens COVER for the camera, which the nokia dosent have...:-))
Truly excellent mobile phone! I have one since January 2008 & man it rocks and beat's the Nokia 6300 by miles in every area except the display, Nokia has 2 million versus 256K colours of Sony Ericsson K550i.
Other & versus features.
- the best 2MP camera with Autofocus currently available in the market.
- Great music player, crystal clear sound with thumping bass when used with walkman series headsets like HPM-75, also FM radio with RDS facility.
- Lightning fast response time with 220 Mhz ARM9 processor & 64 MB inbuilt memory.
- the best battery in its category (Li Poly, 950mAh) with which i can listen 24 hrs of nonstop music at full volume with a full battery charge.
- the OS (software) is built on Java platform and uses Ahead of Time AOT compiler, so limitless compatibility with games & softwares.
- Small, thin & light, I sometimes forget it's in my pocket.
- Connectivity wise offers not only Bluetooth but also Infra-red port which is helpful to communicate with older mobile phones for data transfer.
- No need to install driver CD's, just connect to the computer with the USB cable that comes with it & transfer music, videos, pictures etc to the phone & visa versa.
- Lastly, it does very well for what it is primarily built for, excellent call reception, loud & clear.
Deep technical details.
- Sony Ericsson K550i has (Thin Film Diode) TFD screen instead of TFT. TFD consumes less power than TFT so better battery life and are brighter.
- It uses Sony's patented M2 memory card rather than miniSD cards. Both are of nearly same size but M2 cards have much higher data transfer speed so the phone has faster response to user input.
- It uses Lithium Polymer ion battery rather than Lithium ion, Li Poly is a superior technology (better safety, thinner) & will ultimately replace Lithium ion in near future.
- K550i comes with Bluetooth supporting A2DP, a very important feature for music fans as it allows STEREO Bluetooth transmission to Bluetooth headsets.
Steal this mobile (Sony Ericsson K550i) if you can (pun intended), but those looking for similar features at an even tighter budget look for Samsung J210 as it has all the features of this phone but pricewise comes 20% cheaper.
albert abhilash, 17 Dec 2008hello ...
m gng to buy sonyericsson k550 mob...is it a good mob ..pls suggest me ..what about... moreyou wont regret for buying this phone my friend. k550i is a pretty neat phone for the price tag.
ha ha ha succesfully flashed my phone to w610i MegaBass is so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeett!!!!!!!
m gng to buy sonyericsson k550 mob...is it a good mob ..pls suggest me ..what about his quality ..
thanx in advance....
Rakizta, 14 Dec 2008WORD!!! Finally somebody who knows something about sound... Cheap Headphones Crap!! That my fr... moreFor better music experience (via headset) u must go to HPM 64 or HPM 70.
MMC60 (stereo audio cable series) for a better music experience with your home/car audio sound system.
WORD!!! Finally somebody who knows something about sound... Cheap Headphones Crap!! That my friends is the naked truth!! And you don't want to listen to only bass... Or do you?? I prefer music
I have this phone about year and I liked so much. The battery is great (it's not like 6500 classic) it is standby about a week when I used it little,but when I used it a lot of it is standby about 4-5 days. This a perfect phone for everythig,like: games,speaking,foto and a lot of what it makes.
i bought a k550 last week n just loving it. pretty amazed about its sound quality with the headphone considering it is not a walkman series phone..still having some trouble with the key pad, but iam sure will get use to it soon.but the think thats worries me is the poor battery life. have to charge everyday and iam not a heavy user. all around it is a very good phone for the price...thats my conclusion ;-)
Anonymous, 11 Dec 2008I am selling it! My old K750 is very better!i have k750's experience too, but k550 is much better (nice d-pad, EDGE network, A2DP, M2 supported).
k750 is an old fashion and discontinued product now.