Dont make me laugh matthew! U say that this fone is very good? Good in what? Can u be more specific? I say K750i is better than this crappy fone.. People should stay away from this fone but get the upgraded one. This fone is outdated as its not 3G. With some few hundres and the cash u can buy this fone, u might as well get the Nokia 6680. And with the latest firmware, u can't mute the shutter sound at all.. SE did that so ppl will likely not take sexy shots when they want to..
I have got a question, loads of my friend have this phone and they say its great!
But none of my friends have the K750i and i dont know which phone is best can some one tell me please!!!!!
Ish to turn off the shutter sound go 2 profiles and set it 2 meeting or a customisable silen profile which ever you prefer!
Pibeo 1stly i know you are the same person as Steve, your codes are the same and secondly you said: This phone is like the t68i. Looks nice, lots of features, but is missing important CORE functionality that phones should do. When is Sony Ericsson going to get their act together? In my opinion they are the pinnacle of actual DESIGN as far as look/feel, but the quality of their phones is severely disappointing. Get your act together. To the people who are writing good reviews, given a few weeks, or maybe even months, i can guarantee you will not be happy with this phone. My bet is you already know that it has some fundamental problems, but you're blinded by the gimmicks, and trying to ignore the flaws. Very bad phone.
::: I want to know what is this core functional feature that SE seem to be missing?
::: Secondly you said that the people right these good reviews will soon hate this phone in a good month or 2...now let me tel you something, we write these "Good" reviews because of the experience we have had with the phone, and you gain good experince by having the phone for a long time (I have had mine for almost 2 years now, and yet i am not bored of it...Pibeo it must be a miracle).
::: And yes this phone may have a few faults i mean what phone dosen't? but all of us are aware of that and are not blinded by gimmicks...which gimmicks?
So its clear you didn't think this through, SE K700i is a "Very" Good Phone, with features that can impress many and made by a brand striving excellence...LOL!
but can somebody tell me how to turn the shutter sound off when takin pictures?...
please tell me how I can get the latest Firmware and how I can download it too my phone...
Someone could help me to sep-up game (java) to this phone K700?
Buy a lot of java gamme form the shop but i don't know how to sep-up correctly!
Thank for all your hand,
yeah depends on much you actually use the phone. for eg it has 360 hours standby time and 7 hours talk time. so roughly for every hour you talk you loose 50 hours stand by time.
3 faults: a) battery performance is shocking b) voicedial is dreadful as the window it allows for recording a voice label is too short, so it keeps mishearing your intended recipients name c) screen is great, but camera does not live up to it, if you send a picture to the phone from your PC, one which you took with w proper camera, it looks great, but the picture quality from the built in camera is awful. Anyway, going back to the first item, what is the point 20 years into cellular telephony in designing a fab looking phone with a battery that just about makes it through one day! Awful.
This phone is like the t68i. Looks nice, lots of features, but is missing important CORE functionality that phones should do. When is Sony Ericsson going to get their act together? In my opinion they are the pinnacle of actual DESIGN as far as look/feel, but the quality of their phones is severely disappointing. Get your act together. To the people who are writing good reviews, given a few weeks, or maybe even months, i can guarantee you will not be happy with this phone. My bet is you already know that it has some fundamental problems, but you're blinded by the gimmicks, and trying to ignore the flaws. Very bad phone.
wow...finally.."QD" is gone...actually,...bth phones have their dis and advantages...but for me k700i is still the best..
Sledge, it's right taht many people do complain about the battery life of this phone however you got to be honest what do you use it for? You can't use the camera 24.7, listen to mp3's, the radio and play games, talk for hours and transfer things and expect the phone to still last for ages, you got to be fear on the phone, because it wasn't deseign to last forever, no phones are, its just some last longer.
As for Nakata, this pohne those have a modem, it can help you access the internet; GSM internet dial up support.
Im not sure about faxing...i will get back to you on that one! :)
Nice work Mark, you inspired me to write my own review lol, but instead i will write a sepcification:
::: Special Features: VGA Camera, Bluetooth, Video Recording, 65K Colour Screen, 3D Gaming, Radio, Infra Red & MP3 Player.
::: Imaging: Frames (A Fun Tool When Taking Pictures), Sound Recorder, Picture Gallery, Picture Effects, Picture Phonebook, Wallpaper Animation, Picture Wallpaper, Backlight Display, Intergrated Camera, Email, Long SMS, Photo Light, 4x Digital Zoom, Themes Display, MMS, Quickshare, MMS Templates, Video Streaming, Video Record, playback & Messaging, SVG Tiny 1.1, EMS, VGA Camera, Video Clip, Screensaver, Viewfinder Display & Predictive Text Input.
::: Internet: Wap 1.2.1, Wap 2.0, Modem, OTA Settings & WTLS.
::: Entertainment: Melody Composer(MIDI) Music DJ, MP3 Audio, Media Player, MPEG4 Video, FM Radio, Play Now, Content Online, Music Tones, Games Embedded, Games Download & Java.
::: Connectivity: Sync ML, Infrared Port, GPRS, High-speed Data, USB Support, RS232 Cable Support, Synchronisation Apple, Synchronisation PC & Bluetooth Wireless Technology.
::: Controls: Vibrating Alert, Camera Button, Internet Key, Navigation Key, Joy Stick, Menu Shortcuts, Icon Desktop 12, Icon Desktop, Sleep Mode, Selection Keys, Side Volume Keys, Redial, Voice Mail, SIM Card Lock, Voice Control & Status View.]=
::: Organiser: Code Memo, Calculator, Business Card Exchange, File Manager, Calender, Tasks, Speaker Phone, Stopwatch, Clock, Contacts, Alarm Clock, Timer, Conference Calls, PIM Sync & Call List.
::: Other: Up to 8 Hours Call Back, Up to 300 hours Battery Time (If You Use The Phone Fairly), 41mb Shared Memory, 93g, 176x220 Pixels & Available in Optic Silver * Blue Tinted Silver Colours.
::: If you want to know more about the points i stated don't hesitate to ask and remember SE Rules!
The phone is amazing, have many of many feature.
But why? every two days I must charge this phone! does this standar? or my K700i battery trouble?
The battery of this fone is a pain in the neck. i have to carry my charger every where i go. Can somebody time me how K750 battery is cos i thinking of throwing this to the bin and geeting the K750
Please help !!!!!!!!!!!!
good on ya mark,
at leats theres some people that says alot of good stuff about this stunning phone
my friend has this fone its prty gud reliable but the memory is tooo low 41mb it finishes too fast !!!!!;)
The Sony Ericsson K700i, in my opinion is one of the best and most reliable handsets ever to be produced.
I shall now write my review and list what i think is good and bad about the mobile. This will give anyone who is thinking about buying the handset a good knowledge of what they are to expect.
* The handset looks great. I think it looks stylish, sleek and expensive. The colours blend well together and the phone feels comfortable in ones hand.
* The keypad in my opinion is great. The keys are a little small and close together which could make hardwork for those with larger fingers. Backlight is stunning and looks amazing on the phone. Personally i think it is the best thing about the handsets exterior.
* The screen quality is very good on this phone but not very bright. This is the phones major downfall although it makes up for it in detail. Colours dont look as vivid as those seen in Samsung for example and there is no option to adjust the brightness.
* The phone has EVERYTHING. Camera, video, bluetooth, infa-red, MP3 player, decent sized memory, radio etc etc. Whats more, all of these functions work brilliantly.
* The camera is very good for VGA, obviously not up to the standards of Sharp etc, but one of the best VGA's i have come across. There is a flash light, night mode, and lots of other fun camera settings such as panorama, and loads of frames.
* Video is also of decent quality, it lasts a long time and looks great on screen.
* TEXT SPEED!! Why is it no review sites anywhere comment on if the phone keeps up with you? EVERY review site i visit dont include it in the review. Sure they mention the text input METHODS but never if it keeps up with you. They seem to think Motorola texting is somewhat acceptable? Sorry but Motorola has the worst text methods ever and words never keep up with the user. Sorry to moan i know its irrelevant but THANKFULLY Sony Ericsson's texting is BRILLIANT! Fast to input, great input method and speedy - same speed as Nokia's even.
* Bluetooth. Probably the best bluetooth implementation i have seen in a phone. Reliable and easy to use.
* Great selection of ringtones and the handset also gives the ability to set MP3 files as a ringtone!
* As i mentioned before, small keypad may make trouble for users with large fingers but most people should find the keypad comforting to use. It all depends on the user.
* Thats it!
So there we have it. My review of the Sony Ericsson K700i. I feel i have touched on the most important parts of a phone review and hope this helps people in making the decision.
I recieved my K700i in January but had to sell it because i needed the money. Now i have just recieved it this morning after TOO LONG waiting for another great handset like this. Mine only cost £69.99 refurbished from o2 and it came unlocked! Dont hesitate in buying this handset, as it is STILL one of the best on the market!
Mark age 17.