The Sony Ericsson K700i, in my opinion is one of the best and most reliable handsets ever to be produced.
I shall now write my review and list what i think is good and bad about the mobile. This will give anyone who is thinking about buying the handset a good knowledge of what they are to expect.
* The handset looks great. I think it looks stylish, sleek and expensive. The colours blend well together and the phone feels comfortable in ones hand.
* The keypad in my opinion is great. The keys are a little small and close together which could make hardwork for those with larger fingers. Backlight is stunning and looks amazing on the phone. Personally i think it is the best thing about the handsets exterior.
* The screen quality is very good on this phone but not very bright. This is the phones major downfall although it makes up for it in detail. Colours dont look as vivid as those seen in Samsung for example and there is no option to adjust the brightness.
* The phone has EVERYTHING. Camera, video, bluetooth, infa-red, MP3 player, decent sized memory, radio etc etc. Whats more, all of these functions work brilliantly.
* The camera is very good for VGA, obviously not up to the standards of Sharp etc, but one of the best VGA's i have come across. There is a flash light, night mode, and lots of other fun camera settings such as panorama, and loads of frames.
* Video is also of decent quality, it lasts a long time and looks great on screen.
* TEXT SPEED!! Why is it no review sites anywhere comment on if the phone keeps up with you? EVERY review site i visit dont include it in the review. Sure they mention the text input METHODS but never if it keeps up with you. They seem to think Motorola texting is somewhat acceptable? Sorry but Motorola has the worst text methods ever and words never keep up with the user. Sorry to moan i know its irrelevant but THANKFULLY Sony Ericsson's texting is BRILLIANT! Fast to input, great input method and speedy - same speed as Nokia's even.
* Bluetooth. Probably the best bluetooth implementation i have seen in a phone. Reliable and easy to use.
* Great selection of ringtones and the handset also gives the ability to set MP3 files as a ringtone!
* As i mentioned before, small keypad may make trouble for users with large fingers but most people should find the keypad comforting to use. It all depends on the user.
* Thats it!
So there we have it. My review of the Sony Ericsson K700i. I feel i have touched on the most important parts of a phone review and hope this helps people in making the decision.
I recieved my K700i in January but had to sell it because i needed the money. Now i have just recieved it this morning after TOO LONG waiting for another great handset like this. Mine only cost £69.99 refurbished from o2 and it came unlocked! Dont hesitate in buying this handset, as it is STILL one of the best on the market!
Mark age 17.
yes it is definatley worth your money. the camrea is one of the best 640*480 cameras out. as for the video that is also magnificant
thanks melih, ur a big help,is it really a good phone is the money im spending worth it???
just want to ask, when ur taking pictures or using the vidio is it clear???
yes you can. i got heaps and heaps of true tones on my k700i. its a great phone. i reccomend to all
hey im planning to buy this phone but can you download true tones on tis phone???
whats the play now icon do ,in some k700i fone there is a sonyericsson icon and i others its play now so plz tell me why it is and what these icons do??
my other ques. is whats the processor speed of k700i i mean how much mhz???
Just bought the phone; it's the bomb. 40mb of internal memory? I can write the story of the world in there!
now the phone keeps locking up after a few seconds ----> how long have you been using the phone? yet you do not know how to switch this function off? have you actually explore the phone?
it is just in the settings, where you find the locks, inside there you can switch the autolock keys off
It is a good set and which satisfies its user . it offers all the fatures which present day mobile phone should have . i is quite economical as compare to its competitor Nokia's set of same features.
excuse me 'Seminary',
but how can you say that nokia is better than sony ericsson. sony beats nokia in all ways. nokia is one of the lowest brnad phones you can get. they might be popular but sony recks it. sony has got amazing colour, mp3 quality clear, camera very good. im not just talkin bout this fone but all sony's. sorry tosay but sony and samsung are the strongest brand phones.
jeeeez even the ancient nokia 7250 is better than this simply because that's nokia and this is sony ericsson.
once you remove the naive kids that are amazed by colours and animations, sony ericsson doesnt have much of a market with their lousy phones and that's reflected in them being 5th in the mobile manufacturing sector behind nokia siemens samsung and motorola. that my dear friend ain't any bias opinion. thats a fact.
I have had the K700i for a Frew months now, all I can say is I regret that I switched from my Nokia. The Battery Life sucks, now the phone keeps locking up after a few seconds and even the power button will not respond have to pull pu tje battery, the display will fade in and out. Now I noticed that the charging port is broken, this is because of the shitty clip design in the S.E phones, whay can't those dumass engineers design a simple power conector like the Nokia's.
Do not buy this Phone at all, If you do, make sure you buy a spare battery and a desktop charger
please tell me how I can get the latest Firmware and how I can download it too my phone...
Great Phone! Lots of features at a good price. Love the radio and mp3 ringtones. I never miss a call now, really loud. I think it might have the best sound out of many mp3/truetone capable phones.
Battery life is ok, lasts about 3 days of usage, including radio and mp3 playback.
I recommend this phone to anyone, looking for a great quality screen, mp3 ringtone capabilities and good quality radio.
Im back, long time no type...anyways i prefer the K700i over the 6600 & the 6230i, simplym because of screen size, quality, 3d games and because of its simplicity....
i say K700 is good why because the feature of the phone is all compact you dont need to install any software in your phone
for 6600 i dont think it is good because it is wasting my time to install software any i cant say no sofware are interesting in symbian i prefer performance i have a nokia 6600 i have intsall many usefull software downloaded in intenet and games such like counter-strike 1.5 using C2DOOM engine but the games is not nice enought
so i prefer girls too buy this phone for really symbian lover then go buy 6630