hey @doul , thanks for your tips . i have a question that can i upgrade by k750i firmware by w800i firmware. please tell me .
Click on "Continue/Install Anyway" and don't worry about it, nothing bad will happen to your PC.
jhayar & aaron kong
Yes, SE memory card slot can accept up to 4 GB of MS Duo Pro cards, but the highest MS Duo Pro nowadays is 2 GB, so you can rest assured that it can accept a 512 MB memory stick very easily.
1... If you've took the smallest amount of time to read the proper pages regarding your question in the provided manual, or read some reviews about the phone before buying it, you'de have known why you can't play AVI files on your K750, this format (AVI) is "simply" not supported by K750.
You'll have to convert your AVI files into 3GP or MPEG-4 -MPEG-4 is better cause its quality is higher- with a resolution of 176*144 to be able to view them on your K750 screen.
2... Open the camera lens cover and move the joystick down to enter "Video" mode, click on "Settings", move the joystick to right-hand direction once to "Shoot mode" tab, select "High quality video", now you'll be able to record video as long as your memory can take.
3... I don't know any, after knowing the AVI issue, you'll now be able to play all your videos after converting them to 3GP or MPEG-4 format, anyway, google for any video player software/application that is available for K750.
Ericsson is a Swedish company and Sony of course is a Japanese company, their joint factories are located in Germany and China -there could be another factories in other countries, but these are the only two factories I'm aware of-, you should find the place of manufacturing located somewhere on the phone box/package and under the battery and the removable part of the camera casing hardware -it's not recommended to open the phone yourself, and of course it's not a smart thing to do to open the phone and void your warranty just to know where your piece has been manufactured at-.
2. Not in general, some dust could be gathered underneath it making it lagging in a certain direction(s) or not working at that direction(s) at all, blowing some air in its hole can solve this issue pretty easily.
Also, if you are not used/don't know how to master a highly touch-sensitive joystick, managing it could be a little troublesome to your thumb.
Check my post addressed to "sridhar" in my posting down this page -second point-.
There are some pre-created/preset folders and some system data that takes some place, anyway, you can perform a full format to the MS, go to phone "Menu", go to "File manager", click on "More" and then click on "Format ext.mem.", this should ease your mind.
Read my post addressed to "Unidentified" in my posting down this page.
1st, the PC Suite should be installed with the phone NOT plugged into the PC.
2nd, The phone should be switched OFF and C key is firmly pressed when plugging the USB cable into the phone for the 1st time after the PC Suite has been installed.
3rd, there is a USB Cable Driver Update in SE web site located somewhere in Support page that should be downloaded.
Now, after installing the PC Suite and plugging the phone into the USB cable, "Found new hardware wizard" should start -if it didn't start and the phone switched itself on, then C key wasn't pressed tight enough-, to install the first found hardware, point to the place of the downloaded USB Cable Driver Update, for the rest of found hardwares point to the bundled CD.
Now your PC should easily communicate with your K750.
Whenever you connect your USB cable into the phone, a "Removable Disk" should be present among your optical disks in "My Computer", this is your MS, open that location: "Removable Disk\MSSEMC\Media files" and you should find a preset folder for each data type, just select your files which you want to transfer into your K750 and use the regular copy/paste method for each data type in its assigned folder.
You'll also find an icon on your desktop named "Sony Ericsson File Manager", that's your shared memory, open it -with the phone connected to the USB cable of course-, click on your phone name which you've assigned, and open both "Phone memory" folders, and also you'll find the same preset folders for each data type, follow the same steps which I described to you several moments ago to copy data into them.
I recommend copying/transferring into the MS then transfer that data "internally" to the shared memory if ever needed -read the manual to learn how to move data from the MS to the shared memory and vice versa- for the transfer speed of the MS is much higher than that of the shared memory.
Yes, no problems at all.
First, read my post addressed to "Unidentified" in my posting down this page.
Second, if they are both at the same output audio level yet W550 still higher than K750, then simply W550 is having/using a better/higher loud speaker -not sure about that cause I didn't hear W550 sound before, but if the audio level difference is true, this will be the only reason, unless some firmware issues are present-.
Third, I'm not a mr !
hi mr @doul if i update my frimware with w800 frimware does it make any change,means after updating thus my k750 will have walkman player in it.and one thing w550 which more sound trough loud speaker than my k750 thus tere is any thing special mine produce very low sound thus there any to make it like w550 pls help.
Hi to all ;D
Does any one knows if i buy a memory stick duo Pro of 2 GB, will it work at the K750i ?
thanks for the help.
Please can someone help this confused girl, iv got myself a new and shiny k750 but for the life of me i have no idea how to transfere music from my pc on to my phone, iv loaded up the provided disk and looked right through the handbook but there is nothing in it to guide you through.im sure its really simple but it just not happening for my. any help would be so much appreciated
anybody please tell me how to change the firmware of my k750i to the w800i firmware please send me step by step instructions because i am clueless how to to do it. send me all the programs i need etc and links etc. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! THANK U
Hi... can anyone tell me, why when i put a 512MB card in it, the phone shoes only 490MB ?
@doul. how can i check my firmware. recently i was bought this set. it is vodafone k750i.madfe by china . there have any problem in future if i upgrade my firmware.please tell me the process to find my firmware version. i am totally new user of k750i.
4 SANi aron kong
1- the phone alays only video files with 3gp extention. yau can canvert the avi file by using the program called "ImToompeg encorder"
od "ImToo 3gp encorder". 4 good quality videos higher the bit rate and the frames, youre smart you know haw
2- 2 make clips larger than 19 sec. you have 2 do this: camera menu>settings>video size>large 176x144
3- yau can't change the player
4 Aroon Kong
1- te memory can be upgraded til 512 mb or more til 2 Gb
2- the joystik has no problems I have it for 6 monthes and no problemo
i wan 2 ask somthin.......
1.se k750's memory can upgrade to 512mb or not???????????
2.the joysticks got problems ??????
i hope sombody can solve the problem 4 me cauz i m going to buy it.thanx a lot........
i want to know where's the sony erricson manufactring ouccer how can we recognice that our set is made in china or in any other country.because at the back of my set nothing is written where it made
i buy it 5 days ago this is a great set no dout about it . but i have following problem
1... i can not able to play vedio files with .avi extantion.
2... i m not able to make movie clip more then 19 sec.
3... what player i have to installed to play vedios
KINDLY HELP ME
THE SHOULD BE APPRECIATTED 10 TIMES THEN 10X
hey anyone that knows and @doul
when i cliked on the update ink on my computer it says the software has not passed by windows logo testing and continuing may impair or destabilize the operation of the system. Microsoft strongly recommends that you stop installation now and contact the software vendor for software that has passed Windows Logo testing
-what do i do??
-can anything happen to the computer??
In order to update your firmware do these:
Go to www.sony-ericsson.com and download a software called something like "sony-Ericsson update service". It's an installer about 30MB which needs the flash player to run.
When you do that just follow exactly as described the instructions on the screen & you're done. This program finds out on it's own your mobile's type & firmware version, downloads the latest and installs it.
I have already updated mine this way and I think it's really an easy thing to do. I have the K750i however and I don't have the slightest clue if this works on Vodafone's K750.
THIS PHONE RULEZ :P
I believe that was in the past, if you wanted to change your K750 firmware into W800 firmware now, you'll have to use some un-official & un-supported illegal sites -such as davinci and others-, the official/supported/guaranteed sony ericsson update service doesn't allow us now to update a K750 device into/with W800 firmware.
- To learn how to manually update your firmware, please read my post addressed to "maani" in my posting in page 31 or 32 -just go to page two and manually change "1090p2.php" to "1090p31.php", or just add "p31" between "1090" and ".php" in the "Address" bar and press "Enter" to go directly to page 31-.
- To check your already installed & running firmware of your K750, get out of screen saver/clock mode by pressing back key -or by pressing * then right soft key (Unlock key) if you have turned the keybad lock value to On-, move the joystick to right direction once -ignore the application that will open, if any, and continue the combination-, press *, move the joystock to left direction twice, press *, move the joystick to left direction again, and finally press *, a "Service" menu will open, click on "Service info" then click on "Software info", the first line is your current working firmware.
- You can view/watch only 3GP and MPEG-4 video formats on your K750 device, just when you convert your AVI's or DVD's into one of these two resolutions -I prefer MPEg-4 for the sake of a higher quality-, make sure to down-scale their resolution to 176*144 to scale correctly with your K750 screen.
- Just google for it and you may find some -though you won't need any for/cause the media player built-in 5 bands equalizer with its preset settings, especially the "Mega BASS" setting, and the ability to manually tune/preset/tweak them, just do the job perfectly-.
Please guys, if anyone is able to connect to his HOTMAIL account inbox through the "Email" option located into "Messages" -not through the basic internet/WAP or "www" domain from the "Internet services"- and he's on vodafone, please tell me the correct settings.
Thanks in advance.
i am using k750 i ,really awesome. just i want to update my handset with latest firmware. any one help me in this regard. how to check my current firmware. whether i can play avi / mpeg files in my k750i model. i was able to play only 3gp videos. can i install anyother applications like ultra mp3 which is possible in nokia models. plz email to my address to myel_mgm @ yahoo.co.in
it will be really nice if anyone help
i was already read ur comparison but i needed more infos. any way thnx alot.
The hardware of W800 and k750 is the same, only changes software. By the way you may change SEk750i software with W800i.... And use walkman function in K750i even when the phone isn't turned on, like w800
Since all settings have been used in conversion -among which of course are the correct resolution and audio output frequency settings-, then the problem isn't in the converted video itself, it could be a problem in the video engine in the firmware.
Before updating the firmware, try to make a final conversion test using these settings just to make sure that nothing is missing, even the smallest piece, then see if it won't freeze or it will still do it to begin thinking about the firmware updating process -the settings are descriped for MPEGable X4 Live converter, but you should find the same settings in ImToo software-:
I've already compared between these two models just two days ago -a basic comparison in fact-, just check my post addressed to "anooser & ALL K750 VS. W800 Wonderers" in my posting in page 2 or 3.
Regadring W800 price, I'm sorry but I don't have its current price in Egypt.
- You upgrade form SE official site "www.sonyericsson.com", to learn how to manually update your firmware, please read my post addressed to "maani" in my posting in page 31 or 32 -just go to page two and manually change "1090p2.php" to "1090p31.php", or just add "p31" between "1090" and ".php" in the "Address" bar and press "Enter" to go directly to page 31-.
- No, nothing bad or wrong should happen to your device or your data during & after the updating process as long as you've followed the correct procedures -I recommend a data back-up step before updating the firmware, when you finish installing your device on your PC OS, you'll be able to send the data which is stored on your MS by opening this location: "My Computer\Removable Disk\MSSEMC\Media files" and your shared memory by going to that location: "Desktop\Sony Ericsson File Manager\(your phone name)\Phone memory\Phone memory", then enter each folder and copy all the data inside of it into any location in your HDD-.
- It depends whether if you're facing bugs or not, or will benefit from/are interested in the added performance boost & features or not, check this page out and compare the pros. and cons. of your current working firmware and the latest firmware available -down the same first posting you'll find the method of how to check your current working firmware version-:
- Open the camera lens cover, go to "Video" mode, click on "Settings", move the joystick once in right-hand direction to "Shoot mode" tab, and then select "High quality video", this should make your video recording goes unlimited till your memory is full.
- Read the manual about it, in short, it's a word that makes the phone enters the hands-free/voice calling mode.
- Go to phone menu, go to "Settings", move the joystick in right-hand direction till the last tab named "Connectivity", click on "Bluetooth", click on "Power save" and then select "Off", this should allow your device to connect to several devices at the same time.
Read the manual please.
I think your mean the key bad not the joystick.
Before you open the lens cover, just set the phone into silent mode, if you're in a country that isn't firm with privacy laws applying, the shutter sound will be muted.
It's not about the firmware versions, we can't select which firmware to update to anyway as we're only allowed to update to the latest available firmware directly, it's about which country firmware are you using, check my post addressed to "maani" in my posting in page 31 or 32 -just go to page two and manually change "1090p2.php" to "1090p31.php", or just add "p31" between "1090" and ".php" in the "Address" bar and press "Enter" to go directly to page 31-, just make sure to choose another region & country that are also using your spoken language in step one if silent mode didn't mute the shutter sound.
They need to be cleaned every now and then, just blow some air in its hole.
Auto focus is more about quality, color rendering & blending is a lens responsibility which focusing has nothing to do with it.