I already answered that, if you don't mind turning your shortcut key to a decorating key with no function assigned to it and can take the risk of voiding your warranty then go ahead. Anyhow I don't actually believe that using the media player while the phone is turned off will give you much more time, stand-by mode doesn't drain that much of battary power. For me it makes no sense to lose a very useful feature + taking the risk of voiding the warranty for only 2-3 additional hours.
"hey, its me again i was talking about" that made me link your question with your former one - the sms memory one- which confused me, anyway I'm not a UK resident so I can't help.
hey @doul thanks a ton for the info man..
i raised the equalizers to max n nw the external vol is much bettr..
also wud u recommend to get the w800 firmware?? cus i mainly use my 750 for music.. i hve a 6230 for daily use n i luv both of them..
thats all for now man.. thnks for d replies again.
I don't understand your question actually !.
The ringing volume differs from the media player volume, you set the ringing volume from the Sounds tab in Settings menu while you control the media player volume from the 2 volume keys in the right side of your device, try to raise the volume of the media player using the + volume key.
Sure you can put W800i firmware on your K750i to get the walkman mode but in return you'll void your warranty and lose your shorcut key for W800i has no such key so as its firmware.
Don't worry and don't mind it too much not to have a negative psychological effect about it, it's just strong enough to do its purpose for a long time.
"function is still at medium rate" !!! Ya right, and I'm Elvis.
Put them in comparison side by side and pick what you like the most. For me, I still prefer my K750i.
There's no direct option to do so, if there were any you'de have found it yourself, you have to silent the whole phone.
i need help... how will i turn off the shutter sound without switching to silent mode the entire phone?
Hmmm.. great phone from SE, candy bar style, good hand grip, tidy button style.
but the function is still at medium rate.
Still cannot take off dust under my screen glass! God!
I just got this one - as expected, great! One question - does any one think that the camera cover is too flimsy, and looks like it can come off on its own within a short period of time?
u seem to be answerin everyones queries!! weay to go man..
neway i was wonderin cus the max volume thru media player is still nt tat great.. however the ringtones are loud.. in other words if i play a song thru the external speaker its kinda low.. but if i set it as a ringtone.. its loud.. hope u understand!! otherwise everythin else is fine...
also do u think i can get the firmware of the w800 into the 750 to get the walkman mode?? tat wud be cool..
thnks again man
hey, its me again i was talking about pay as you go by the way! please help!
Ron from Miami
Man, music while conversations + record the conversations + funky stuff, I'm really starting to suspect your intentions ;) :P, lol, what are you up to man ?? !!! Tell the truth ! lol.
No I can't play a MP3 while the conversation, you can access the main menu and do whatever you want while talking in the hands free or even when your call is on hold though no media file will be played during the call.
hehehehehe @DoUL is right...I should be more concise for a change. SO!! Can you or can't you play an MP3 on the line (during a conversation) to the other party? That was all I would need in order to do some really funky stuff with this phone!
Ron from Miami
Come on man, you're taking so much space in here :P, kiddin :).
1) Not using USA firmware so I can't tell, however you can still try any other country firmware just as you mentioned, there's no locking mechanism at all, when you enter SE web site choose your region then choose any country and becuase they are just a mobile phones manufaturer not a CIA/FBI agents they will buy it ;) lol, you can even try mine from which I'm sure it doesn't beeb and in which I can mute the shutter sound as well, just make sure you choose the english site and not the arabic one, try your own country one 1st.
2) LOL, man it's a regular mobile/cell. phone with some advanced features but it's sure not 007's or Batman's mobile, geez. However, in my country on Vodafone here you can make the caller listen to a pre-selected song instead of the ringing tone -that teet teet one :P-, was that what you're asking for ??? ;) lol. No man, as far as I know this phone can't be a portable answering machine, though there is a special software for nokias can let you give a busy tone -automatically- or give out of reach tone or even "this device may be switched off" tone, I didn't try it myself but maybe it can do what you seek -I say maybe- and maybe we can find a version of that software for K750i, just a thought though.
I think it's a bug, a very weird one actually !! Try to back-up the data on your MS and try formatting it.
I dunno if this is a bug or its just my phone...
If you change the camera memory from Memory Sitck to Phone Memory, it deacivates the Memory Stick completely and you can't access it at all; for MP3's videos and stuff. You'll hav2 make the camera use only the memory stick if you wanna play music.
Can you guys tell me if this is a really a bug or somethin?
I recommend you use mptrim from www.mptrim.com - it'll allow you to manipulate the MP3 file directly (chopping the mpeg frames) without re-encoding the file which would otherwise noticeably reduce the sound quality.
Thanks again my man. Awesome tips..awesome. I'm almost running out of questions, but not just yet!! hehehehe:
1. Again re the repeated beeping sounds in conversation recording - do you/anyone know if it exists in the US version of the firmware? If it DOES beep too much, can I just download & try other English-speaking countries' firmwares or is there some kind of locking mechanism against it?
2. Strange question of the day... Cingular charges airtime when people LEAVE you messages in your voicemail (not talking about when you call to check them), so I cancelled voicemail. :) I was wondering, can you somehow use the k750 as a manual answering machine itself? In other words when people call and I'm half-busy (busy but next to the cell), can I press some key combo rapidly and play them some MP3 ("I am unable to answer the phone, leave your message [beep]") and then just hit Conversation Record (or just listen live to their message with a pen handy)? So - is it possible to play an MP3 to the other party on the line??
I remember I had a funky Audiovox phone for a little while that had this "answering machine in the cell phone" feature which was kinda cool. And my current Kyocera Slider has a related "Hold" feature which basically repeatedly announces to an incoming caller in my voice "Please hold; I cannot answer right now but will be with you shortly; don't hang up".
The nice thing about having an answering machine in the phone is that you can always interrupt the call (jump in), like in a regular landline scenario. Another nice thing would be you can generate fake "cool" ringback tones. Some cell companies charge you money for custom ringback.
It would actually be very cool to play a fake ringback tone (that sounds just like the real standard one) and hear the background conversation when the calling party BELIEVES you have not picked up the phone yet. ha ha ha ha ha
Sorry for the long, boring post. :(
Yes u can you play a full length mp3 as ringtone.
I-tunes and a good edition of nero can do the edit trick
I used to believe that it can take the whole 38 MB space of the internal memory, but that proved to be wrong, the SMS takes only a share of 200-250 KB in the shared memory + the space of your SIM, not sure about the MMS but you can take the MMS contents -pic or clip- and save them in the internal memory or in the MS as a single pic or clip with no limitations at all.
Ron from Miami
1) Yes, correct, piece of cake.
2) Actually I don't need to convert my memo AMR files, after all it's only voice which will sound the same whether in AMR or even in MP3 format, however if you're dying to convert them I suggest you converting them into MP3 format rather than WAV, because the K750i only supports WAV files of sample rate less then or equal to 16 KHz.
3) It depends on the country which you use its firmware, some countries are very strict with privacy laws so its firmware makes the beebs during call recordings while some other countries aren't that much stricted about it so its firmware doesn't have this feature. The beebing is 1 beeb every 20 seconds and you won't hear it only the other party of the call will hear it.
4) I'm not familiar with that but I tried it now and found it a soft pause, 1-2 seconds and the dialing stops and it returns to stand-by mode, no key pressing is required.
5) In diameters, K750i screen is 10.44 cm while W800i screen is 10.5, both have the same resolution 220*176 so I guess K750i is better in terms of pixels per cm while the W800i one isn't that bigger to give it a ponus. The keybad isn't that bad, only the last row is kinda low for your fingers and they say the keys are very close to each other, but neither cases are problems for me, when you get used to it you'll be the same. For the headset, no, K750i standard headset is better in terms of quality and loudness, W800i standard headset is only better in having an RCA connector through which you can connect your fav. headset.
6) I'm in Egypt on Vodafone, anyway it works for me up to 6 parties, no matter who's calling who -didn't try it yet though-.
7) Yes, you can assign animated GIF's to contacts but no, you can't assign videos to a contact, you can assign both the animated pic allong with his voice as the ring tone, will do the same effect.
Yes, when we say you can assign MP3 to a contact we mean full length ones, however it won't be played till its end cause it only rings for about mmmm not very sure but I think 12-15 times which about a minute of the song -almost- then it hangs up. I don't use any montage software myself but try google it and you'll find some.
I been reading this forum for ages, and your posts are excellent point of info.
I have one question, which is prob stupid, while i know you can play mp3 as ringtone, can you play a full length mp3 as ringtone.
And does anyone know of any software that i can edit a mp3 tune on pc, eg, delete a bit at en, and beginning.
@DoUL you rule!! Really appreciate your detailed answers! I wanted to clarify a few things and ask some more "uncommon" questions if anyone knows the answer (the k750 manual which I finally downloaded, thanks to you, and fully read DID NOT contain the answers):
1. I wanna create my ringtones as high-quality MP3's on my PC using Adobe Audition (not on the phone!). Just wanna clarify that I can then transfer those MP3's to the k750 and assign each individual contact a different MP3 ringtone, correct?
2. You mentioned the native AMR format used by this phone (for voice memos and conversation recording?) and I couldn't help but look for a way to change it to standard WAV/MP3. Is the following utility any good or do you use something else for whatever reason?
3. Re the beep you hear when you record a conversation - does it exist in the latest firmware and is that beep a constant beep every few seconds (annoying!) or just a single beep at beginning of recording (something I don't mind at all)?
4. For using with calling cards: can you store a hard pause (requiring some KEYPRESS to continue) or soft pause (1-2sec) for outgoing numbers? I heard if you hold down the * (asterisk) key when typing the phone number, it produces a "p" (pause) - is that a hard or soft pause?
5. I've read in several reviews that the screen quality of the k750 is better than the w800's, and in other places that it's the exact same LCD screen. What is the truth? If the w800 is the same quality screen I *may* take the plunge and go for the w800 ($100 more here in the States) - they say the buttons are constructed better, sturdier, better headphone, and of course more memory. Though I love the classy look of the 750...
6. Is there someone here with Cingular in the US who can answer me this: can you REALLY talk on the phone with party1, then receive a call in call waiting from party2, and then press a button to JOIN THE TWO PARTIES? Normally you can only join calls in 3-way when YOU are the one to make the call to party2. This feature mentioned in the manual ACTUALLY works?? Very curious.
7. My last very strange question: can the picture assigned to a contact (which appears on screen when they call) be an ANIMATED gif? My goal: to make animated gifs of some friends & family waving their hand "hello". Or better yet, can you assign a video to contacts so when they call you'll see and hear them in their voice saying "it's me, baby, pick up now!" ;-)
@DoUL thanks for the great OBVIOUS tip about getting a bluetooth headset hahaha - I was still stuck with wired headsets in my mind due to years of excessive use of such devices. ;-)
This phone simply kicks major arse...
The MIDI's/MP3's in the Sounds profile sounds kinda low but at the media player or in the actual ringing they are loud enough, my firmware is R1N035 and the MP3's rings are even louder than before -so as the MIDI's. I think you're using a low sound MIDI which sounds low by default, try using a differnt one.
I convert from other formats into .3GP using mpegable X4 Live, I think it will work fine the other way -.3GP --> other formats- though I didn't try it before, the quality of the clip won't differ a lot, don't expect when changing form .3GP to .AVI for example that you'll see a DVD quality or even a video tape quality, you'll change the format for your clips be able to be played with another programs but the quality won't differ at all, you only change the format and not the encoding quality, for that I suggest you saving the time and keep it as it is.