It is a bit dissapointed since the ringtone cannot assign to a different profile as it is possible with SE K700i.One more thing, is it possible to convert 3gp format to any other format for the videos.Can anyone tell me what is the name of the software??.Thanks in advance.
the ring tones are so quiet I can't hear them but the volume setting is on maximum 8. Anyone know how I can increase volume of the ring tones?
1) Set the phone to silent before opening the lens cover and give it a try, if the shutter sound is gone then congrats, if didn't then you have to get used to it.
2) No, it's not normal at all, there are 2 volume keys on the phone right side, have you tried to raise the volume ??? Also have you tried to play with the equalizer ??
3) You should find a detaild manual in the backage, however I do actually believe that you can find any manual of any device at the device manufacturer's web site !! Use the head man !!!
Ron from Miami
1) Yes, you can record whatever you want with the length you want, it will be saved as a .AMR file, just select the contact and assign that .AMR file to be his ring tone.
2) Only 9 slots available for speed dialing, for more than that they invented voice commands !.
3) Have no idea, I didn't used it in calling till draining the barraty out before but I guess it's longer than 3 hours.
4) You mean bluetooth headset, for it has only one port which is used either for charging or for the wired headset, I believe yes, you can use the phone just as usual while it's being charged as long as it's turned on.
5) No, no flight mode in the latest firmware.
6) You can minimum the lag time if you just fully pressed the bottom and didn't wait for the auto focus -half press to auto focus, full press to capture-, in burst mode -takes 4 shots in rapid succession- takes about 1-2 seconds to capture and another 5-6 seconds to store and draw the thumbnails, if taking 5 shots separetly will take about the same time or longer 1-2 seconds if you're fast enough.
7) Don't live in USA to tell but what the heck man !! They give you a future proof feature, I'll go for that even if only 1 station supprot it for many will follow later.
8) Yes, you can record the conversation. No, no limits. Some fimrwares will beeb and others won't, if it beebs then no way to turn that off.
9) It's slow if transferring to the internal memory, about 1.5 minute to transfer a 3 mega song, if transferring to the MS will take just as you copy any file from partion to another into your PC.
10) Told you, you can record whatever you want till you press stop.
11) You should find the manual at SE web site if not in the backage.
It's not the phone's fault but it's the File manager software fault, your pictures folder is too fat for it to open, just move these photos to the MS and take them from the MS Removable Disk.
I have this phone and yes it is brill however does anybody have problems downloading their photos? Each time i try to open photos i get message that CAPI_Worker Module needs to close. I have emailed sony a few times and no one seems to know what this is let alone the problem. I would really appreciate some help here.
Many thanks Jackie
I've read many comments about this phone on this site and others and will probably get this phone soon. I've got a few questions and hopefully you can answer any of them:
1. My main question - I want to record about 20 short MP3's in my voice stating "Mom is calling", "John is calling", etc. Can I assign a different custom-made MP3 ringtone to each contact?
2. How many speeddials can I program? I like to use 1-9 then 11-99 if possible. That way "56" can be "JOhn" for example (based on letter-key location).
3. What's YOUR real talktime (I know the specs say 9hrs)? I get about 2 hours on my current Kyocera (when in a good reception area) which is not bad, but was hoping for 3hrs for my new phone.
4. Is there any way to bypass limitation and use the earphone in a phone conversation while charging the phone?
5. I read there was "no flight mode". Is this still the case with latest firmware? (seems like a basic thing to have on an ipod-like phone)
6. I read the shutter speed is slow. How slow is slow? In other words how long (in seconds) does it take to snap say 5 consecutive pictures in max resolution?
7. I read the FM radio can show Artist Name and Song Title using some funky RDS technology. Do you know if most radio station in USA support this feature these days?
8. I read you can record a phone conversation. Any time-length limit? Does it play a beep every few seconds to let the other party know they are being recorded? And can it be disabled? I wanna surreptitiously record all my conversations with businesses which often attempt to deny they've said what they in fact said.
9. I heard the USB transfer is slow. How slow is slow? Like in MB/MinOrSec transferred
10. I like to leave myself many voice reminders. Is there a time limit for the voice memo?
11. Can I download phone manual off net so I can read it myself and stop bothering you guys? Couldn't google it up.
i jus got my 750 2 days back.. hope u guys don mind but i have some queries..
ive been a nokia user for so long n i still have my 6230 which i think is an excellent fone.. but i got this one for my music collection..
neway so i was wonderin abt few thins.
1. is it possible to switch off the camera
clickin sound in normal profiles?
2. also the speaker in mine isnt loud at
all while playin music but its loud when ringing tones.. is this normal?
3. also is there newhere i can get a good indepth manual on tips n tricks to familiarise myself with the fone.. cus it seems to have thousands of submenus!! unlike nokia which is real simpl to use..
thnks for ne help
You press C twice, the 1st time when you install the USB cable update driver, you turn off the phone then press and hold C and connect the cable till found new driver notification pop up in your windows, follow it to install the update. The 2nd time you press C is when you reach the final upgrading stage, you turn off the phone then press and hold C then connect the cable, it will take sometime till the upgrading starts. In both times the phone shouldn't switch itself on, if it switch itself on while pressing C nothing will happen in both cases. Make sure you press and hold C firmly not to make the phone switch on when connect the cable in both cases.
Any phone joystick will tick when being pressed, I didn't see/use any phone joystick that didn't tick. However if you don't like the "ticking" you can use the left soft key to do the required action instead of the joystick click.
I transfered some themes & mp3's couple of days ago while the headset was attached and it went without any trouples at all, maybe you're still using old firmware. For transerfing the sound directly to the headset it should happen once you attach your headset, If my phone was in home profile once I attach the headset it enters into handsfree profile and I open the media player and the sound comes from my headset not from the loud speaker. As for having the ringing tone in your loud speaker just set the phone to silent and once you receive a call it will ring in your headset not in the loud speaker. For connecting bluetooth devices I have no idea, didn't encounter any trouple when connecting to any of my freinds' devices.
If that dealer a local authorized agent for SE then he has to have a repairing lap. If he is just a common dealer try to go and ask him about the local agent of SE in your area. If you bought the phone unused and in it's full backage then there has to be a phone number or an address for the nearest customer care center, it makes no sense if you don't have this number or address !!!.
NO man I am from USA - Chicago!
I have no Idea what to do!
I tryed everything but still cannot take it out!
How can I find out THe SE location?~@!#@$
I didnt buy this phone directly from SE company, I bought it from SOME DILLER!
reload 114 >>>>>>>>>
it had bugs in bluetooth software when it using headset like other brand , it failed in the headset no sound , u have to transfer sound from phone to headsetby press ur headset n then no ringtone sound frm headset but phone ring .so it only poor point . same problem when u try call other so it base on blue tooth software higher than 2. but in makert blue tooh software is 1.2 kind , so it had problem
Please tell me there`s a way to stop the heavy "clicking" noise when pressing the centre menu joystick!
I dearly love the specification of this 750 and indeed most of S.Ericsson phones BUT they all clunk click.One exception was a demo model in a shop so I wondered if usage overcomes this?
Is there a modification button available? Yes this may seem inconsequential but we all have our pet hates and this one is mine, and it is frustrating as I do want this phone.
Anyone please give me hope as I don`t want to go Nokia direction?
i tried to update my firmware the other day.
I went to the sony ericsson's website and download all the files from it. I already connected the phone to the computer and basically i follow all the procedure that they mention. The first attempt was failed because i haven't install the PC suite. Then i go and install it to my computer and give it another try. The second one i press the C for like 1 minutes and nothing happen, then i close it down and find out that the battery need to be fully charged. Then i went to recharged my battery and start to update straight away after it is fully charged. The third attempt just went as far as the second attempt go. Is there anyone experiencing the same problem? I really have no idea about this.
W 800 can be used in off-line mode as an MP3 player and K 750 cannot. This could be usefull during plane trips or if you need a longer battery life (coz being on line sucks up power)
This phone supports up to 4 G'z of memory which has to be of MS Pro Due cause this phone only support this type/model of memory sticks and I guess the W800i will support up to 4 G'z as well -though not very sure about that- however the max size in stores now is 2 G's of that memory type-. The D750 is less known cause it's only for T Mobile.
Whats this phone's max. flash memory capacity (ie: 512Mb, 1Gb)? Does it have to be MAGICGATE type memory to work and does the W800 support over 1Gb of flash memory??
The reason for this is obvioulsy since I'm hesitant between the k750i and the w800 only cuz of their video span and their storage capacity... would anybody disadvise me the "D"750 cuz it seems exactly similar yet less known...
There are many ways to view the file. You could reverse engineer , disassemble, decompile.
Ok, thanks for answering my questions. I will be purchasing the phone on Saturday! :D
Hmm. I just noticed that the display isn't exactly the largest one out there. :'(
No, you can not tweak/modify your firmware, you download it as it is and transfer it to your phone as it is, the file has no extension, how the hell will it be even viewed !!! Didn't say edited !. You get the latest ones from SE website. Yes, there are plenty of software/applications available for K750i just google for it and you'll find many. As for the phone isn't listed in Canada, I have no idea, I suugest you mail them and inquire about it.
I understand now about firmware. Is it possible to tweak/code/modify firmware? Where can I download the latest firmware? Also, are there applications and misc. tools that I can download for my phone?
When I goto the Sony Ericsson support website, they do not have this phone listen under Canada. Do you think I will have trouble having it serviced here or experience any difficulty with S.E. while having this phone?
Basically you update the firmware in 2 conditions. 1st having bugs that has been fixed in the new firmware, 2nd to improve performance. Speaking about the latest firmware for the K750i aka R1N035 I find it a very very good one, fixes a lot of drawbacks of the previous one such as increasing the reception quality and video capturing bitrate + some others. As for developing your java applications I'm not completely sure if they gonna work or not, but what I do believe in is if you wrote your java applications to be compatible with the java engine of this device -Java MIDP 2.0- then they should work. As for customizing the device what more do you want than screen savers, backgrounds and colors !! Just tell me about what's in your mind and I'll tell you if it's possible on the K750i or not.
Thanks for anwering my questions, I have a few more if you don't mind. :)
Yes, the MP3 player seems very nice.
I keep hearing you guys talk about firmware and such, what are the benefits of updating firmware and so on? I also would like to know if it is possible to for me to develop my own JAVA applications and export them to my phone. That would be pretty nice. How can I customize my phone besides the basics like wallpaper, ringtones, colours. Again, thanks!
Yes, as nathalie said, you have 6 tones by default but the 7th one is changable so you can select a midi/mp3/amr to be your sms tone, however -one of this device cons I must say- it will ring for only 30 seconds then it'll stop and won't repeat itself again but the icon indicator will remain on your screen till you see it.
Yes, you can toggle playlist shuffling and repeating on and off, you can even fast forward/rewind the song, pretty cool huh ;)
The alarm clock won't stop untill you press Ok then you can turn it off or snooze it to alarm you again after 9 minutes, what stops after 30 seconds -or even less- are the messages/birthdays/unfinished tasks alarms, the indicator icon will remain on the screen however.