Hi, I'm just gonna respond to some of your replies =p
1. I've never experienced that type of issue, even at a crowded supermarket on a sunday afternoon (it's like taking a walk down the streets of New York during rush hour) Maybe your k790i was a defect >.>
5. I don't understand why you're telling me to grow up. I only said "it takes time getting used to". Yes I understand that alot of phones have that "feather touch smoothness" but how many phones are you comparing this to? Most Motorolas are horrific. Have you ever used a Razr? xD I can't say about Nokias as I havn't used one ever since the 8890 (which was 6/7 years ago?). But ya, I can understand what you mean, the keys aren't the best out there, but to me, it's still useable. I guess it's sorta personal preference? Some people like it hard, some people like it soft? lol or not =p
7. Ya you're right, it does lack alot, even for a primitive player. Dammit even a cassette walkman has a fast-foward/reverse button lol.
8. I havn't even downloaded a single game onto my phone yet, nor have I really installed any applications other than that torch thing that was mentioned by Drsilverworm (few posts down). So I have no comment, but if what you say is true, then that certainly does suck.
12. Weird bug o.O I've haven't experienced any weird bugs/glitches so far. Get it checked out before you sell the phone?
13. Haven't experienced that either. Connections were always immediately made and have never took more than half a second to detect my phone. Are you using the USB cable? or are you talking about the IF/Bluetooth? 'Cause it might just be the IF/BT receivers.
If I used Bluetooth (I haven't yet) with my PC, I know I would run into issues immediately because the receiver I'm using is a Logitech one (the one that comes with the MX5000 Keyboard/Mouse set and I've had problems with its constant disconnects and its inability to detect my keyboard) and it has device detection issues.
Well I'm sorry to hear that you'll be selling the phone =p Goodluck on your next phone =)
I have just bought sony k790i. it is too good. but only one problem i m facing is,
when i got missed calls and if my missed call list is already full then i am not able to see the new missed call. so i don't know it's bug or i have to enable some features
first of all, thanx for ur time. i really appreciate ur effort.
ok, now lemme clarify some points.
1. “Well it wasn't made like one of those "mike" phones, besides why would you use speaker phone in a crowded area?” – what is the basic functionality of a phone? To make n attend calls, right? What is the use of a phone which cannot be used outdoors? say u r travelling in a bus, n if a call comes, u cant hear the person! Even switchin on the speakers didn’t help. Don’t u think the very purpose of a phone defeated here??????
3.Profiles - i usually hv 4 profiles > office, personal, outdoor & midnight. i set a very low ringtone for office, a favorite tone for personal, a loud one for outdoor and again a very low tone for midnight. If i set a 'DHOOM MACHALE' in office profile, i dont think setting itz volume to 1 alone will work. i hope u r getting the point.
“There's 7 profiles, how many more do you need?” - fine, agreed.
5. keypad > NOT AGREEABLE! mobiles these days have feather touch smoothness - growup buddy!!!!!
7. “Well this isn't a walkman phone, if you wanted a good music player or whatever, you shoulda went with a W phone... I recommend the w810i or w900” - look, I don’t need a phone which is a dedicated music player. I cud go for an Ipod instead. But when u say u hv a music player in a phone, u expect certain basic controls in it. just a play, stop, next n prev button soundz really premitive. take any of nokia phones. they dont call it a walkman phone. nor do they boast abt good sound clarity. yet they hv taken care of providing those buttons. tell me wht will u do if u wanted to listen to a song from somewhere in the middle? therz no way other than listening to it from the beginning, right?
8. Games & Apz- again, the point is not to buy a diff gadget only to play games. U must see the variety of games & apz that can be installed in a nokia smartphone. It makes the entire thing so cool.
I do not complain abt this much bcoz I knew SE phones only supported java files. But this IS a drawback.
9. I agree calling the non-availability of analogue clocks a con would be unfair. But again, I would call it a usability issue.
11. “Uhh that makes perfect sense... doesn't your PC work like that too?? 'cause mine does...” – not quite actually. U set an image as wallpaper, a copy of that image is saved to a temp folder and referred to there after. I suggest u check it both with a nokia phone as well as ur PC.
AND to add on to the list of defects…
12. yday I was not getting any calls [nor was I able to make any] first I ignored it assuming that it was a network issue. But in the evening, when I tried to turn on the mp3 player, none of the files wud work! I then tried recording something on the camera, which again quit the application. I cudnt figure out wht was happening… I had to restart the phone to make it work again. I have never in my life seen such a bug in the software in any nokia phones. My 3230 used to restart automatically whn I used to try to run many apz altogether, but compared to this SE bug, I think I shudnt even call it a bug!
13. SE PC Suite suckz! Even a snail would feel ashamed if it saw hw much time it takes for the pc suite to recognize a connected device. It took almost ½ hr to transfer files from the phone to my PC. Pathetic.
DO let me know if anyone is interested to buy K790i. I’m ready to give away mine already.
You can try this out "http://torchk800.matlista.se/" - Read some of the older posts (look down a bit) especially the ones by Drsilverworm, lotsa useful information.
Enjoy your K790 =D
I bought this phone today it's really nice, all I want to know is that how could I use the flash light as a torch in woods, how to put it on while using camera & without using camera, can anyone help?
thanks in advance.
can anyone tell me what is in the box when you but this phone (eg memory card, charger, etc...) PLEASE RESPOND SOON COS I REALLY WANNA GT THIS PHONE ASAP!!!!!!!!!!
for me it's a great phone and i can say that is the best of the moment but i want to known if in the function of that take nine photos and delete the rest. i can keep the nine , if i don't wanna delete it? and, i can put a password only to the images not to all the cellphone?
definitely agree with you.
there are many people out there waiting for such models.there is no reason not to make them.after all hundreds of millions of people are renewing their phones every year.
ok here is the most basic problems with phone makers...
1 - why there is no real hi-spec model in their product range.imagine dsc-t10 spec lens and photo imaging processor in the k-790.maybe it will cost few hundred dollars more.no problem ı will take it.
2 - what is the point of putting all those multimedia features when you dont have enough space to use them.we want full size sd or ms card.not the expensive micro hard drive or ultra-mega-electron microscopic flash cards.
3 - i am 40 years old,and i dont need all those games and other teenage stuff in the phone.
4 - where is the high quality body options.such as carbon fiber or similar exotic materials.add it to the cost i will
5 - please industry standard connections like 3.5 mm headphone jack.
The redlight program should be safe, the red light is nothing but a mere LED, which are very reliable and have a long life. I left mine on by accident for hours one time, all it does is drain your battery faster.
SonyEricsson phones sre the best phones.they are having very good digital qualityin each and every phone we can observe excellent digital quality which no other phones have example:- 'Nokia','Motorola'etc.i like k790 features they are perfect and excellent epecially camera clarity is marvellous,good music clarity,navigation keys are not bad.overall a nice phone.
The matter of the Nokia N73 vs. SE K800i boils down to this, and only this:
IT IS A MATTER OF YOUR OWN PREFERENCE.
To voice my opinion though, the K790i is an absolutely fine phone. But I am dissapointed in the bugs it came with (alarms didn't go off EVERY TIME even with R1EG001 firmware) and the call list freezes occasionally.
So I sold it and now I am looking in trying the Nokia N73.. but its camera bugs me. The artificial enhancing does no good.
Hi, I was wondering how safe and reliable that torch program is. Does it pose any harm to the "red" light physically? Thanks in advance.
I didn't mean for my response to your +ve/-ve post to be flame or anything. I'm simply defending the k790/k800 =p So don't take offense into anything I said.
In response to you -ve points:
1. Well it wasn't made like one of those "mike" phones, besides why would you use speaker phone in a crowded area?
2. I don't see why that's an issue for you... it's in alphabetical order so... ya I don't see how it's hard for you to navigate through your contacts - I assume you're aware that you can scan through with the letters, like umm... say I wanted to call Kristy... but I have a bunch of contacts... just press '5' 2 times, and you'll be at the first first lettered K named contact, after that, it's just a matter of pressing down a few times. But ya, it doesn't have a "search" function, I remmeber the old Nokias having this name search function... small thing, shouldn't bother you THAT much
3. Why would you need different ring tones for each profile? You're just complaining because changing ringtones is not convenient (or you're too lazy) for you.
4. There's 7 profiles, how many more do you need?
5. Lol, ya the keypad ain't that great, but it's just a matter of getting used to I suppose :p
6. Mmm I guess I agree with you on this one, but I havn't used the messaging functions as of yet.
7. Well this isn't a walkman phone, if you wanted a good music player or whatever, you shoulda went with a W phone... I recommend the w810i or w900
8. I'm not too familiar with this, but if you say so, then that sounds bad... although I'm pretty sure most people don't buy their phones based on what games they can play on it... if I wanted to play handheld games, I'd pick up a PSP or DS
9. Meh... such a small thing, I don't think it's significant enough to be considered a "con"
10. Mmm, ya having a notice pop up for your set dates would be nice... but this isn't a business phone... but ya... -ve here =p
11. Uhh that makes perfect sense... doesn't your PC work like that too?? 'cause mine does...
Even so, it's not a big deal... why not just keep that 1 picture file on your phone? Do you reall need that 50kb - 500kb of space?
Conclusion: Although it lacks some very very very very small things, it's not significant enough to say this phone "disappoints". You're obviously bias since you're not used to SE phones. This is my first SE phone actually, it didn't take too long to get used to the OS' format.
In all honesty... those 3 +ve points you pointed out outweighs those 10 -ve points.
Reo, I wouldn't give up on the phone yet, give it some time, once you get used to it, you'll realize that those -ve points aren't that big of a deal.
Oh, by the way... I would like to add something to that -ve list haha... I don't see why they used M2 cards instead of the Micro Duo cards. I have to buy new cards now just because of this phone =(
I bought a SE K790i 2 days back. I couldn’t wait to get hold of it after reading itz mind-blowing reviews. BIIIIIIIGGGGG mistake!
The menu and keys were all new for me as I am used to nokia phones. But what really hurt me was that I felt my previous handset [Nokia 3230] was far better than this new one! I wish I hd bought a N-73 instead….
1. Excellent Camera.
2. Good music player & radio. I don’t think nokia can beat SE in this dept.
3. Menu navigation is quick.
1. Call reception is miserable. The speaker is useless. You cant hear the person if you are outside/in a crowded area.
2. Contacts is all jampacked! It’s a pain to search a user. And therz only a list view for viewing contacts. Unlike in nokia phones where you can view contacts either as list or one at a time.
3. Cant assign different ringtones for different profiles. Whatz the point in having profiles then???!!!
4. Cant create new profiles.
5. Keypad is PATHETIC! Itz like u r hitting on a stone. Messaging has never been such a nightmare before…….
6. cant save messages to different folders as in nokia phones. In nokia phones, we can create new folders n save messages to those, which helpz us to easily sort n locate messages.
7. no fast-forward, reverse buttons in music player.
8. cant install any games/apz other than java (no sis files).
9. Only digital clock is available. In nokia, we have the choice to set either analogue or digital clock.
10. in calendar, we need to open a date to check if there is any appointment for that date. In nokia, we get a tooltip kinda text on the top.
11. wallpapers & contact images are stored absolutely, not relatively. i.e, if I set an image as wallpaper/contact image n later if I remove it from my phone, the settings is lost. In nokia, this doesn’t happen.
So as u can see…. K790i disappointz…… :(
sony-ericsson donno who to make buttons.still using joysticks on top phones.plus the numeric buttons are always bad and ugly.if you have big fingers you cannot press them right and they are also always crowded.I know nokia also has a few phones with this problems, but it seems like all SE phones have bad keyboard.
hey i wanted to ue my comps broadband connecton to connect my phone to the internet.. can anyone help me out with that??