a question regarding the k850i maybe some of you pro's might know whats wrong.
the center touchscreen button on my k850i seems to be going nuts, its doesnt respond when i touch the screen but it responds when i put pressure on the 7 kepyad or slightly below it ?
this is making the phone go nuts, having the center touchscreen button being pressed even while im typing a message or simply scrolling through the phone.
do help me out folks ?
i tried an update it doesnt work,
do i need to change kepyad or just clean dust inside phone ?
would a flash/debrand help ?
help help help :(
SE llover but startin to despise my k850i...
Hi all SE K850i users. I would like to ask some questions about this phone. Will be considering either Nokia N82 or SE K850i.
1.) How's was the "soft-keys" so far had anyone had any problems with it?
2.) Can the shuttle sound be disable unlike the Symbian OS phones in Nokia?
3.) How's the battery life if moderate usage after full charge?
4.) Which model is value for money, since both N82 and K850i almost have the same quality in terms of photo taking and almost in very features except for N82 which has GPS system?
Thanks in advance and sorry if I asked too much questions. Will be buying my phone in like few days time. Need some advice on which model should I buy. Thank u.
Nokia has now Run out Ideas.........
have you seen their latest phones?
Nothing new at all
N96 is basically a N95 with DVB-TV and 16GB, Nothing new there we seen 8GB
N82 is a N95 with Xenon Flash - they could of done that in N95 in the first place
N95 8GB - Improved N95-1
Basically Nokia has run out ideas.., so that means Not many good new phones from Nokia
hi my name is nash brwon
i want to know about this mobile phone and i plz reply me soon
Dont know what to do with my K850i ....
all that lives is the Fascia of it
sniper supra, 05 Jul 2008wow.. ^_^ i'm happy to hear that...Smiper Supra bro!!!!!!
My K850i has just DIED with this BROD thing....
the Camera illumination blue light is on and Keypad lights are on to, and its refused to Boot Up!!!!
Blue Ring Of Death
Oh Sh*t .Dayum
this is no joke :(
man what shall i do??
help help help
Please dont laugh, i have said before the software has been slow on my K850i
i think this BROD thing has put me off K850i, i just had my hands on N95 8GB today aswell...
nick, 06 Jul 2008charging alien battery?
lol maybe the k850 has more features than i thought
being able t... moreIv got the N95 8GB and im putting it head to head with my K850i again..
same pictures, same test
lets see what happens..
i did one thing wrong last time when the image came upto '662kb' the mistake was the autofocus wasnt used in that image..my bad
this time iv made sure the Autofucus has worked in the image and the size has come upto 1.9MB !!!!!!!!
charging alien battery?
lol maybe the k850 has more features than i thought
being able to distinguish which planet batteries are from
is good mobile take pic and for mp3plyer as well and radio too is must better then nokai mobile
Manikandan, 04 Jul 2008@Eddie, After purchasing the new N82 for almost 2 weeks i have tryed out with several... morejst fooling guys..read review from any were and telling i hav n82 before k850...camera is good bad...
i charged my fone today and instead of the usual "optimize charging" prompt it says "charging alien battery" . quite confusing but it was solved after turning the fone off and on again.
Latest firmware 1200-4404 R1FA035 dated 27th May 08,the third in a row has cleared all bugs esp hangs deleting etc now when it is worthless updated to Max.Why n Gods name they donot release late or do a rigrous test before launch. They take public to be their testing labs and save money.
sniper supra, 04 Jul 2008So, does this mean that I'm the only 100% SE here?
Wow! I'm flattered...@Sniper Supra
Na, I am sticking with my K850i. I was playing with my pics after I wrote my message and I had alot of fun with it. It is a great phone and the pics are good. The C905 will be my next cell though.
n82's xenon flash is alot more powerful than k810, k850, k800
you can google it if you want...
I forgot to talk about the camera :
- picture quality is great, the shots come out pretty nice.
- the flash is really bright, it hurts to look directly at it.
- the menus for changing settings like flash, shoot modes look nice but they slow down the phone. So if you want to quickly change a setting for a quick shot, your subject might be already gone.
- You can tag your photos with your own custom tags so it makes easy to organize them.
- The photo gallery interface is really slick which makes going through your photos fun.
I've had the k850 for a couple of months now to replace my old k750i which I was really impressed with. The reason why I had to get a new phone was that my k750 had gotten wet (my fault) and some of the buttons stopped working.
I was surprised to find the touchstrip at the bottom of the phone. After a few minutes of use, you can get used to the right movement that your finger needs to do to active the buttons accurately (I do it by brushing my finger in an upward motion past the marker on the touchstrip).
Some things I liked about the k850 were :
- the phone feels really solid.
- you can set the phone to vibrate a little when the touch sensitive controls are hit, so you know when the phone has registered your 'click'.
- photo album has some pretty slick transistions making the ui look really cool.
- accelerometer features, that make viewing certain items like pictures automatically switch from portrait to landscape layout.
Some problems I have with the k850 are :
- One the camera the lense protector get jammed sometimes and since there's another plastic protector over it, you can't pry it out. Doing what other people mentioned, which is tapping the phone really hard when you're activating the camera seems to help unjam the shutter.
- Touchscreen is flaky, just recently the middle touchscreen button somehow migrated to the number pad and the problem got worse where it was being set off sporadically, making the phone unusable. Right now its being sent back to the store to get fixed.
- User interface is very sluggish, and definitely needs more work. When there's multiple events, the transparencies stack, causing the handset to hang for a period of time (between 3 and 10 seconds).
- The touch sensitive controls definitely need more work. I can't remember any solid examples. Sometimes if you're pressing one of the touchbuttons the next screen might have an action you wouldn't want to press but your touch might register, making the phone do something you didn't intend.
- The battery compartment has a good concept, opening on a hinge, but its quite flimsy and my phone involved some bending in order to open it.
- The d-pad is tedious for navigation. I wonder why they did away with the joysticks.
Anyway - I'm thoroughly disappointed with the k850. As soon as it is repaired I'm going to try to recoup my losses by selling it and getting a different phone. Those touch strip buttons on the k850 are gimmicky and don't really help much with navigation on the phone - They also broke down on my phone, making it unusable.