Design and features
The phone introduces a new button in the Cyber-shot line: on the right side a switch allows to choose between photo, video and playback mode. The phone will be available in the colours "Luminous Green", "Velvet Blue" and "Quicksilver Black".
Key features include:
* 3G video calling
* Cyber-shot Camera with xenon flash and additional 3 LED flash for video recording
* Bluetooth 2.0 (100m)
* Web Access (NetFront browser included)
* Exchange ActiveSync
* 3.5G high speed internet (Support up to 3.6Mbit/s (download speed), 384kbit/s (upload speed))
* Multiple audio playback (AAC, WAV, MP3, WMA)
* Built in Media Center (Sony PSP/PS3 XrossMediaBar menu)
* Video player with progressive fast forward and slow motion
5 megapixel camera, 16x digital zoom, natural color rendering, and built in xenon flash plus three additional LED flashes for video recording an AF illuminator. In camera mode the keypad is differently lit so the user can easily find the camera shortcut buttons (view mode, thumbnail view, selftimer, flash).
In common with the K810, a program called Photo Fix and Face Warp is bundled with the K850. Users can easily increase the brightness and the contrast of the photo.
Video recording is QVGA (320×240) @ 30 frames per second. (K800 QCIF (176x144) @ 15 fps.) Supports Image and Video Stabilizer so videos and photos taken would be less likely to appear blurred and shaky.
* 2.2” QVGA (240x320 pixels), 262,144 (18-bit) colour TFT LCD
* Luminous Green
* Velvet Blue
* Quicksilver Black
* 102 x 48 x 17 mm (4 x 1.9 x 0.7 in)
* 118 g / 4.2 oz
* Memory Stick Micro (M2) 512 MB in box (maximum capable - 4GB)
* MicroSD/MicroSDHC/Transflash support (maximum capable - 8GB)
* Phone memory 40MB
* BST-38 3.6 V, 930 mA·h, lithium polymer
* Talk time GSM/UMTS: Up to 9 h/3 h 30 min
* Standby time GSM/UMTS: Up to 400 h/350 h
ya..this phone got manual equalizer settings option other than preset MegaBass settings!
Guys m gonna buy this phone 2morrow,Plz tell me whether this phone has a manual equalizer setting option other than preset MegaBass settings? i need a quicker reply...thanx in advance.
people used to say lies, I got this phone since 3 month and I don`t have problem with it,
and the camara is excellent ,only need to adjust the condicitione of the camara to shoot great pictures
I'm just wondering, because i hear rumors saying that k850i is going to come out for AT&T end of 2nd Q is this true? Do anyone know?
its only nick's shear biasness towards other companies and hatred towards SE for some reason is speaking such words and spreading wrong information about SE, i can even tell you where xperia is being researched and developed its in San diego CA, US Sony ericsson center.
and also Nick, who told you that Sony ericsson is way behing in technology, its great Ericsson who has invented Bluetooth technology and most of the technologies related to wirless communications is being researched at Ericsson and Sony ericsson and for Sony electronics i don't need to give you any more introductions, so don't even dare to compare any other manufacturers with Sony ericsson and ericsson, what you know about technology by the way
Nick, who told you that Sony Ericsson is not making xperia, since you are claiming that prove that:-)
yea am not to much of a nokia fan. so where do i go to download the new firmware?
I want something new, so, probably i'll get K850i.
check this out
N82 GPS vs Garmin nuvi 610
N82 vs N95 camera in dark room
X1 maybe good, but I'm more interested with P5, it is a good match up against N95, IMO.
don't listen to nick, listen to the ether.
^_^ The only major disadvantage of k850 against k810 is processor speed. Since k810 has been around for a very long time, firmware is much more stable while k850 (having autorotate and autocontrast adjustment run all the time)is struggling to match that same speed.
Another disadvantage is the that the screen in k810 depicts true white (FFFFFF hex color code) while the k850 white is a bit yellowish.
I got N82 last month, so far I have no problem with it. I'm choosing between N95-4 8gb(30%chance) and K850i(70%chance) if which one to buy. I wanna have another phone.
But base on my research, I read a lot of complaints with K850i especially the touchscreen while good reviews and improvements on N95-4.
Motorola is behind all other Manufacturers.
Nokia - Feature Packed All-Rounders
Sony Ericsson - Unique, Powerful, Music or Camera ,Business/PDA Phones.
Samsung - Nice Powerful All-Rounders
LG - Make nice phones!
Motorola - Worst out of them all.
Trust me SE is way ahead.
your going to have to buy about 4 because the touch buttons just break on all of them.
dont get a sony erricson, they are way technologically behind all the other manfuacturers
am thinking about getting this phone or the k810. what are some disadvantages of the k850?
if sony erricson made it, it would be qvga video resolution obviously and it would have a juicy fat adapter