Wow please shut up about no wi-fi and no gps...most likely you would have to pay for gps even it is built in, just like the blackberry 8800 which is $10 a month and has it built in..You will either have to pay for the device, pay for accessing the network or data usage charges, and I work for Rogers Wireless in Canada...
And as far was wi-fi, you have to be in hot-spots, so say you are in a Starbucks, your going to be sitting with your phone trying to look at porn of whatever it is, or even at home? You know there are things called laptops right? Maybe you should invest in one of those...
This is the big daddy. If it only have wifi, it would be a lock, but I guess we'll have to wait to see what n82 can offer.
just look at the poor design...Omg and the buttons, NO COMMENT to that! nah i still do not like sony ericsson
The features on this phone are quite relevent, and not superflavous like the N95. Do you really need GPS? As for the batteries, SE tend to have really fantastic batteries and if you switch your network modes (ie: switch HSDPA/UMTS off when you are not browsing or connecting to resources) you can save a lot of energy.
BTW if you want GPS SE just released a Stereo Headphone/GPS Reciever that has backwards compatibility for all Java MIDP 2 enabled phones. Quite efficient and compitent.
The size? If you read the news section on this site, you would see that the K850i is in fact almost the same size (1mm shorter infact) than the K810i (this also prompts the answer of the strange D-pad configuration), and that is a real achievment.
I am totally wowed by the speed of developement in the mobile phone industry and prehaps it is not too long before we will have and ultimate and reliable all in one device.
omg hyper-mega coolio phone. n i just swapped a w850 for a w880+£60... i need to get ma game on to get dis :D
i think it`s gonna be a gr8 phone till now i use 3 se and i was not dissapointed from any se
make very good quality phones.for me are the best. now i have n73 and it isn`t so gr8 very cheep plastic and scrach after only one month.
and ho is intersed for wi fi ,os ,gps is better to buy a laptop ,and gps device. this is only a mobile phones and have good features and surely i will buy it.
all respect for sonyericsson
i think this phone is fantastic just fabulous. i mean we are in the best century ever guys.
since when and who said that Nokia N82 is a definite release???
so unless, Nokia announce this, or im sticking with the K850
Do you know that these are the disadvantages that you need to live with if you put all features in one phone:
1. Be ready to pay extra $$$ for some of the features that you hardly use
2. Be ready for frusration cause by short battery life. More features means less battery life.
3. Be ready for a bulky phone and find out if you really need to carry so many extra features that you do not use so often to everywhere that you go.
4. Be ready for more technical problems. Phone tends to give more problem when some manufacturer tries to squeeze too many features / components into one phone and launch it to the market quick enough to beat competitors.
5. Be ready to hold a big ugly looking phone when you are trying to look really cool in front of your friends.
6. Be ready to let go your body hugging outfit because it does not match the look of your phone.
7. Be ready to repair (or replace) your phone when you drop it because heavier phone carries more momentum with it when it hits the ground. Not forgetting that you tend to drop a heavier phone more often compared to a lighter one.
8. Be kind enough to the environment. Bigger phone means you have to charge the phone more often (more Co2), more natural resources used to make the phone and more energy needed to dispose the phone when it is old.
I hate this phone
its not good at all people
the camera IS 5mp but its sooooo slowwwww
the MP3 player is not loud at all
its a waste of money i tell you
the only cool feature is the keypad design
and its not even that serious
im disapointed :(
To Eric's son
Are you gone mad!!! What do you mean? Should cell phone companies start asking you what features you want like a laptop??? I have a P990i and i dont listen to the radio so it mean s that i wasted my money on the radio??? Get real...
My next dream phone to replace my current k800i...
No need digital camera & radio anymore, this K850 will do a wonderful job...
A solid camera phone, sonyericsson won't be wrong...
Yes, like the iPhone, except way better because apple and iPhone is crap.
K & eric's son, well put, I couldn't have explained that any better myself. People, if you like Nokia so much, just stop posting and go buy 1, because true SE fans and cell phone enthusiasts don't give a crap about N95, or N92 or N-CRAP. We respect all phones and phone companys and admire this techno art. This isn't phone gladiator, but even if it was, I think we all know who would win... :)
no this phone doesn't have mega bass, go w series if you truly want that
yes the memory is expandable, with either M2 or microSD cards...yes that's right, both
Don't be too ideastic dear phone users and ask for all features in one single phone. Because:
1. Most of you will likely find it too expensive to own.
2. Most of you will likely ignore some of the features on the phone. Very little of users will fully exploit all features of any given phone.
3. Most of you will pay extra for some the features that you do not need.
4. Not long after you have spent a so much for the ideal phone the next generation of phone is out. You know what will happen? You have to dispose your expensive fully featured phone and spend again to buy the so cal next generation.
-Phone manufacturer will be very happy because they make so much money form you in such a short time.
-Would you be happy deep in your heart? I mean completely happy without having any side effect like regret or pain.
So be realistic guys. Ideal phone is only for the minor group of users who never worry about how to make money. So it is not important for the majority of us. Remember, majority wins.
People complaining about WiFi and GPS? Oh my days! Be grateful a bit. SE is not so desperate to cram their excellent quality fones wif ridiculous fings like WiFi, GPS, toast maker or shower head kinda silly features. They makes fones of reasonable features. If its a camera fone an Image stabiliser and accelerometer and automatic lens cover (iinnggeenioouus) is in my opinion perfecly reasonable and fills up the missing gaps of previous camera phones. I am not gonna expect my camera fone to have an automatic screen wiper on top of all it has already (SE, the screen wiper fing is only a joke, but i wont be surprised if you made it a reality). I take it if they did put WiFi GPS and everyfin else pple wud start coming up wif "but it doesnt have a keyboard, it wud be great if it had a 102 button keyboard, and wheres da mouse!" Come ooon! Yes I agree its questioning to have low resolution video, but does it not say QVGA (30 fps) anyway? And optical zoom? How many fones have you seen that has optical zoom?! This fone is just excellent. Nokia was good when fones were just fones, when cameras and music players and stuff came in, i fink they hit the ceiling, where sony ericsson took over. And don't forget, its not only Sony, its also ERICSSON!