looks like sony will over shadow the n95 as the 95 is of a poor build quality as in all nokia high spec phones oher than the 8800 and 8600. k850 pretty much just building on the success of the k800, k810i would have thought that sony may have gone higher the MP camera res to put them selves clearly above the market with it been released so much later than the N95. doesnt need the wifi cos how many use a phone as a modem and the charges to use gprs is excessive as well as for the sat nav with the n95 on one netowrk @ £1 per 5miles. having the w880i wold like to have flash on the camera and zoom again.
Nokia N95 SUCKS! No Xenon Flash... 5MP camera in Nokia N95 sucks without a xenon flash... Poor...
Sony Ericsson is the best! 5MP whit Xenon Flash! It's amazing! This is a real camera!
I have had many phones. Some were S.E.. The S.E. W810i was one of the best phones as far as features and ease of use. This phone is basically an upgraded K7500 / W810i. It looks to be a very similar body design. 5mp from S.E. will I'm sure a very high quality camera. The 2mp pictures from the W810i were amazing and the dual flash far better then anything any other brand uses. The Nokia N95 is a brick in comparison. I don't care about the price of the N95 or K850, my money goes to the K850 anyday.
plz somebody tell me whats a gps enabler??it certainly doesnt sound to be that its integrated like n95s so wat exactly does it mean?
well it sucks ! I mean ... you create a good phone and you add a li-ion batery now ??? geeez thisk stinks big time !!! instaid of makeing something better you go down ? and at a cool phone with 5MP camera you add those little buttons ??? be real, its not a chick phone ..., the only cool thing at this phone is the camera (sony rulllz @ cameras) but i still prefere the k800i in staid of this one, sony should read this as well and learn from mistakes.
i dont think n95 users are threatened its jus tthat SE users for some reason keep making comments about nokia and none of them have really used the device, most of their comments are trivial ( its too big etc) nokia never said they released the n95 to be better than the k850 or sony ericsson phones so y are u guys so defensive.. ITS JUST A PHONE
dude u need to get your facts right.. K850 media player better than n95? im able to play ogg, wma, avi, mp4 and xvid videos on my n95 so what are u talkin about? i was also able to install linux on my n95, im not here to say which phone is better but if ur going to make a comment please dont make one out of ignorance
1. K850-with the newly announced GPS enabler, this is also a GPS device.
2. Media player in K850 beats N95 all the way, makes N95's media player looks like sh*t
3. K850's screen is soo much better and fine than N95--but it does not beat the color production
4. K850 is a TV capable device. I don't see that N95 is capable to do so, at least, nokia is not promoting it as a TV device.
5. K850 is a world phone, it supports all network all over the world.
6. K850 is much more advance in camera interface than N95 and as i mentioned above, great music interface too.
7. K850 is "smaller" than N95 ^___^, the only reason i say this is because N95 is a slider device and it is thicker.
8. K850 has a longer battery life
9. K850 has a more interesting keypad light effects
10. N95 has been promoted as all in one device, but in reality, all of those features only perform with mediocre quality--music, video, camera, GPS, at least K850's camera and music perform much better than N95, more competitive to the stand alone device
11. the slider in N95 is very very questionable and unreliable
12. It has been proven that N95 has a high percentage return--due to faulty in production, ends up being an expensive unusable brick in your pocket.
13. K850 has xenon flash, and flash light.
N95, despite being a camera phone, only have a normal flash light which is not even helpful for more than 1 metre in low light condition.
14. K850 support two memory card slot.
15. K850 has 512MB memory card included.
In conclusion: N95, is nowhere comparable to K850, prove itself to be an unusable extraordinarily overpriced device. K850 beats N95 in all its glory, and will make its own way to be the best phone in 2007 for best seller, best camera, best phone of the year. At least within these categories, the chance for N95 to beat K850 is down to 1 percent only. Not only that, with a high return case on N95, it will make N95 has a terrible reputation and will be another failure device--like N80.
SE has come with a clear winner.
Apart from the technological goodies the phone is equipped the battery performance is no match for Nokias which batteries last a day only not to mention the size of fonts used by Nokias on the latest Symbian edition which they require enlarging lenses to be bought as accessory for reading the screen.
You lot need to stop comparing this to a N95, i dont own one and i don't want to either but its obvious that the N95 has a much heavier spec list than this phone and therefore o features it would come out on top. The K850i is a phone that will appeal to those who dont want or need all the spec that a N95 offers so comparing the two is pointless. I think you lot are sayin it because they both have a 5mp camera, well based on that i think the picture quality on the K850 will squash N95.
I like the fact that theyve made a 5mp camera phone like this SE, i've got a decent 7mp digital camera but its not something that you carry around with you all the time so having a decent camera phone is too useful for catchin random shots or clips. Styling is O-K.....reminds me of the k750 too much. Not a bad effort though..will do good if its not overpriced.
I do not understand why you people are complaining about no wifi or no gps.. come on.. if you're in range of wifi, pull out your laptop and use the internet on a 15" monitor with a full qwerty keyboard instead of squinting your eyes on a 2.2" screen, and think about the typing speed on the keypad vs. a keyboard.. same thing for the gps.. if you're using gps.. it should be a feature on your car.. where the screen is a lot bigger too.. would probably cost a lot more on a cell phone than a feature added to your car.. and if you say SE's are bricks.. then nokia phones are cement blocks, because feature packed nokias are usually shown with their size.. I am not for SE, nor am i for nokia.. so stop comparing N95 to K850i and find something better to do than arguing about which one is "better".. A cell phone is a cell phone in which different companies add different features to that cell phone. If you don't like, make your own cell phone.
The Problem In SE is that they never try to make a combined phone featuring all the great Pros that individual SE phones and usually beats other Nokia phones only in individual facts and pros spread over different SE devices, which is exactly the apposite with Nokia such as the N95 that always tries to present all the great features of there handsets in one unique phone every year such as the well known N95 and before the N73. it seems that SE company is choosing a different market and different competition and there for never presenting a unique phone that includes all the great pros in one phone that are usually the pros that beat the Nokia handsets, and there for never getting to a face to face challenge with Nokia's combined features phone.
And the question still remains on why the SE doesn’t get in to the face-to-face boxing match with the Nokia.
The SE company does have the ability and the technology to present a great phone that combines its entire great Pros.
(1) K850i 5Mb Cyber-shot camera with Xenon falsh. with VGA resolution 30f/s Video. For God's sake!!!!
(2) P1 and W960 smart-phone Symbian OS 9.1
(3) W960 great walkman music features and headsets.
(4) P1 and W960 great 2.6" display with a good nice W960 dimensions and phone size.
(5) W960 Huge 8G internal memory.
(6) A good double stereo loud speakers.
(7) The Great SE battery Life.
If the SE decides to get this device in to production and face it like a Man with the Nokia, even though with a high price such as the well known N95. I believe it will be the time for Nokia to go sleep and cry out all night long.
Sincerely: Libyan Afreet, using N73