Here are my tweaks & suggestions to improve battery life...
1. Keep network on 2G at all times possible, if you are a 3G user just get a one-tap widget to change from 2G to 3G.
2. Please Don't use Juice Defender and other apps if you don't keep 2G/3G connection open at all time..... Don't ever forget that every app eats battery ... even battery saving apps ...
3. Just get Phone weaver or any other auto profile manager, to help you set ring volumes , screen brightness and other settings customized for the time of the day.... like in night you can keep screen brightness and ring volume at the minimum level and again set to max in morning, also if you want u can have your phone auto radio off (flight mode) activated at night and automatically removed at the morning.... or just keep the phone radio on for 5 min. after every hour to retrieve the missed call sms's... and you can go on customizing to get max juice acc. to your preferences...
4. Charge to 100 % and keep using till it is 0% keep doing this cycle 3-4 times it will definately improve backup .... this step is not necessary to be performed in back-to-back style , but dont give a gap of a month you can give a gap of week or so..
5. 50% of battery is lost in cell radio ... so to get good backup you need to have a network provider who has good coverage in your area...
6. Use a Task Killer and set up a good ignore list to prevent your phone from random hangs and at the same time kill all those battery eater apps... I have built a recommended ignore list use it if you wish ... http://greenbotzone.net/general-help/ignore-list-for-tk
Also, please keep the Task Killer (TK ) at auto-kill mode .. preferably at screen off.
7. Widgets and live wallpaper also eat a big percentage of your memory .... so delete the widgets you don't use.
8. For root users you can configure the cpu clock speed to 100/600 and on demand ... it will surely give you a good backup.
9. Also, if rooted use setcpu to underclock your phone to around 350mhz when screen is off ...
Always remember to check the battery status in settings to find out which apps are consuming more battery...
50% of battery goes in network hence just try and keep the radio off whenever possible...
se, 30 Oct 2012still sony making worthless phone after breakup with ericsson ,they should relaunch the LWW wi... moreum do you know this phone is produced anymore by Sony Ericsson? Sony Ericsson is no more and this was the last joint venture phone. If you read there is a Sony section on here, obviously another troll!!!!
still sony making worthless phone after breakup with ericsson ,they should relaunch the LWW with bigger screen with high ppi 300+,better battery life and camera 8 mp+.but sorry they are loosing their customer...
[deleted post]To firstname.lastname@example.org
Go to Settings - Applications - Manage applications (All tab) and search for Media Storage, open to clear data (all sound settings will be set to default including ringtones and notification tones so you need to set them again) then restart the phone.
Can anyone let me know whether themes can be installed in sony live. If it can be installed, pls let me know how can i install it. i have tried doing it from play store, it is showing installed, but im not able to find out where it has been stored.
Pls let me know.
Hey, my live with walkman was working perfectly well till morning. since then there is a problem its gallery option is not working properly. some folders and pics in it are being shown perfectly but in few others its not like that. the pics are either not being shown as thumbnails or even if being shown they cant be opened. Have switched off and on the phone several times but problem remains as such. Any suggestion pls.
thanks in advance.
jean, network is much strong. I can surfing, downloading from that network with other device. But whenever i try to connect my lww it take some time and then showed limited connectivity. What i've to do.
Battery life is very poor. From fully charged state, I played Agent Dash for ten minutes. When I exit, it's already 80%.
Here in Thailand now 150 euros...That is, if you are lucky enough to find one, because they are selling like hot cakes and Sony is not manufacturing it anymore. ICS, Adreno 2, Scorpion 1Ghz, HD recording and super loud for the price of a lousy Tipo. I bought two...Everybody's asking me where they can buy one.
rif, 29 Oct 2012jean, james79 and other experts i need your help. Last couple of days i couldn't connect with ... morecheck if the network is very slow, and retry by turning off wifi and ten connecting for several times! this means that connection is veryu slow and cannot run services on the phone!
jean, james79 and other experts i need your help. Last couple of days i couldn't connect with wifi. It showed limited connectivity even in an open wifi network. I tried with my nokia n82, its working fine with that network. Which means network is fine but the problem is in my lww. I don't know why this is happening with my lww. I had used wifi in my lww from the begining of purchasing this phone. This problem is happening for last couple of days. Pls help me.
Note: i'm using gingerbread 2.3.4, build no: 4.0.2.A.0.62
Thanks in advance
BinGo, 29 Oct 2012Sony marketing team is sleeping or what? Instead of launching many of the same phone like Tip... morei have been using tiz phone for one year.....it is not too gud at all it is said to b live walkman but it is not gud at all the music system better lunched n new walkman phone again were v cn cal it as walkman phone........
Sony marketing team is sleeping or what? Instead of launching many of the same phone like Tipo, Miro, J, E... they should make a new Xperia Walkman with 4" screen, dual core and big dual speakers...And without any competition because Samsung Galaxy Music is pathetic.
Victor, 28 Oct 2012Hey Jean, I bought Sony Live with Walkman just one week back. When i connnected the phone f... moreOf course you must update the phone to ICS with the PC....The firmware 4.1.B.O.587 will give ICS 4.0.4 to your phone. That is what i did and it is fast and stable. Do it now