Anonymous, 22 Sep 2008all P1 phones distributed in middle east are made in china,i've bought mine from uk and it's m... moreI think some middle east batteries are suspect! I have 3 fones using BST - 33. w610i, w890i and g900. Onw battery is odd - the cover is different - but all were bought from reputable stores.
I suspect there are a few non original out there.
im owner of P1i for 6month now. in my opinion its a great phone. easy to use with a fast menu and you can install new free java programes on it. main disadvantages :weight,fat form and battery life!
I have been using Sony Ericsson P1i for a year now. Offlate the phone is in ICU for last 2 months.
1. Touch Screen + QWERTY keypad
2. Supports upto 4GB of external Memory
3. Scroller for Navigation is very usefull
4. Pretty fast OS but a bit slow with data above 3 GB
5. Comes with a docking stand
6. Decent Camera
7. Bluetooth with A2DP
1. Pathetic Messaging software and Music player
2. Keypad is difficult to use in the beginning but once we get used to it....makes typing really quick.
3. Bundled handsfree is really cheap.
4. Offlate my phone developed two problems...Touch screen stopped functioning and Scroller went wild. My phone is in service center for last 2 months. It is still not resolved.
This has spoiled a hard core Sony Ericsson fan's views. If the problem mentioned in the last point did not occur...I was pretty satisfied with the phone.
i'm new user of P1i and how to activate the Front camera?
Anonymous, 23 Sep 2008too bad..if u got a bad batt for your phone..coz only 9/10 people complaint about battery life... morehow much is the battery life on your phone and how often u use that?
would you please give a detailed specification written on your battery and it's color please?
joe, 23 Sep 2008hello everybody does anybody know SMART MOVIE program? does anybody install it in his mobile... moreyou may need a program for running movies on your P1 like divx player or power movie... otherwise for music the installed player is great no need for walkman,the outgoing quality is almost the same, walkman adds just some visualizations ...
does anybody know SMART MOVIE program?
does anybody install it in his mobile?
this mobile has a music player, you think i need to install walkman 3.0 or that's enough?
please help me...
iam thinking of getting one....but is it easy to write a message?which is better this or g700....thnx alot :)
Pedram C+, 22 Sep 2008Thank you so much Anasios for the help.
But I have another problem,i explored hole the city... moreSony have their factories in China and South East Asia over than 20 years.
It`s still the same original brand .
You do not have to worry, Made in China or Japan , it`s a Sony Ericsson ,has the same high quality.
Wish you good luck with your P1.
Vicky, 23 Sep 2008Hello P1i user,
Need your help!
I found P1i,a great phone with good battery backup and a... moreDear vicky,
R u connecting ur phone to pc via bluetooth? Better connect it via usb. Use 'file manager' mode for transferring big file into ur memory card.
I'm sure my suggestion will be helpful.
if you cp is new..you have to charge it till the redlight on the charging port will be green..transition also must be turn off to save energy and makes phone faster..its useless anyway
heres a site where you can find how to mod you p1i..go to dotsis.com or either ipmart-forum.com..just follow instuctions and you wont go wrong..well di nmn masisia phone mo..hehe..
too bad..if u got a bad batt for your phone..coz only 9/10 people complaint about battery life on this phone..
Hello P1i user,
Need your help!
I found P1i,a great phone with good battery backup and almost all the features,however when I am trying to transfer a movie(400Mb) in MP4 format using PC suite, I am unable to do so,its only tansferring 40 Mb.I have 1 Gb external card/memmory card and I am using the external card/memmory card to get the movie transferred to,but still not working. Please advice if any one has done or experienced the same.
No doudt its a great smartphone...
But I face such problem in Malaysia.
1. WiFi signal is bad
2. The Qwerty key pad is really annoying when you try use it wild driving. Even thow I have been using it for a year already.
3. Very limited 3rd party program's that can be use in this phone.
4. Sound volume not that great or loud
5. Not very conveniant to play any games on it as well the games are very limited.
6. When you upgrade its memory card above 1GB it started to operate realy slow and in times it hangs (Even you have updated its firmware)
7. Time to time the when you plug in the USB cable to the PC it won't get connected instead it will response as unregornize USB at your PC. Even u change the PC or the USB port.
Other then that is a great phone especially its Camera, Video, Name Card recernation...
The Great, 21 Sep 2008Convert your movie format to 3gp or mp4U can use both format for this phone....
Anonymous, 22 Sep 2008well,my battery life is not that great! i turned off bluetooth and wifi,i played some games a... moreU don't have to hold the 'ALT' key to input a digit everytime in games, just press the 'ALT' key twice (like double clicking) and your all good. For this phone, you really do need to read the manual.