Hey guys, let me answer each post one by one about the P1i.
1. I haven't tried syncronizing with microsoft outlook however its perfectly fine with the windows address book, if u still have problems then 'back up' your contacts, restore them to ur desktop and then drag them to windows address book.
2. I created some of my ringtones on my PC (Rip from an actual song) i tried both mp3 and aac format they both work fine so ya.
3. Obviously you can put as many videos, photos and music as u want depending on your memory card. I think the music quality is fine even with earphones to be honest i cant tell the difference between the sound of my P1i or IPOD except ipods have much more equalizer settings ofcourse.
4. In between my P1i accidents i did try the w960, its similar but i didnt like the phone and it looks cheap. With the sound quality u would expect the walkman series to be better but i cant tell the difference i didnt really try to notice it though. BUT it is definitely better than the p990 in every way if u r lookin for an upgrade from p990, p1 is perfect.
5. I believe that the P1i supports up to 8GB memory card, my most was 4gb, i had three full lengths movie in it. Now i use 1gb. There was a SLIGHT difference in speed when switched to a 4gb, but only in the file manager in picture galleries. Not the menu's and other stuff.
6. I never switch my phone off so i would not know about the alarms however it did go off on an overnight flight which bugged everyone else, im pretty sure i switched the phone off though so ya i think it does work.
7. And finally, yes the phone is quite fast. it is the fastest touchscreen phone up to date. a SIGNIFICANT upgrade from the P990. The N81 however, is a waste. Im more of a nokia man but the N81 i am very dissappointed with. If u want to make a decision between a nokia and the P1i, it would be either P1i or N82 which on the plus side has 5MP camera with xenon however its not touch and i prefer to sms with the P1i, the other choice would be P1i or E90... great phone but HUGE, uncomfortable in my pocket.
I change phones every 2 months cause its just a hobby, but i have never bought the same phone twice.. THREE times actually and I plan on keeping this one until the next P series comes out.
Hope I helped!
FYI: approximate price YOU SHOULD BE BUYING THE PHONE NOW is 310 euros, dont pay anything more cause it will be a rip off.
Is this phone fast enough because the processor
is just 208 MHz and I don't think which phone to buy P1 or Nokia N81
I have P1i for 2 months now, it is great but I have a problem with my phone. i am used to wake up by the phone clock alarm and i switch it off when i go to bed to save battery life. but the clocl alarm does not sound at all when the phone is switched off !! can anyone please try this and reply to me. thnx
I just had this phone a week ago... Does anyone know what is the maximum memory capacity of this phone (1gb? 2gb? 4 gb?)? Can i take picture from the front? Tnx.
w series have quality music production, i would actually say it is the best phone when considering music. The P990 music is not impresive at all consider what sony ericssion is known for. Can P1 deliver the same or better music quality when compared with the w series?
I am planning to buy Sony Ericsson P1 I phone.I want to ask one question-How many number of songs or films we can store in P1 I? How it's performance against other N 73 M series phones or IPOD ?
To --> LP
I will be buying dis phone next week can u tell me if aacPlus (.aac) songs work 100% and the if the quality is good or not?
Here is link to a song in aacPlus (aac) @ 32Kbit/s, Stereo, Parametric Stereo 44100Hz
Try any one of them :)
Taio Cruz - Moving On:
Cassie - Long Way To Go:
Let me knw LP
Will be waiting for your reply :)
How is Sound quality via headset comapred to Nseries? eg N95/N80/N81/N70/N73?
about the sonyericsson P1i it's a great piece of work.
But each time i tried to do synchronization with my outlook 2007 it goes made and always no respond. Does anyone faced the same problem and he could find a solution 4 it plz reply via e-mail.
Thanks 4 reading
For whoever of u who is interested in buying this its simply great. First time i had P1i i used it for 3 weeks and i dropped it into a sharp glass right on the camera(unlucky)the camera was then a hole lol. But i liked it so much i bought it again used it for a month n this time i cracked the screen cause i accidently banged it on again a sharp glass table. However these were all freak accidents which wud break ANY phone, other accidents included me dropping it into a pond, a tarmack road and wooden floors and it was fine so believe me I KNOW IT IS STRONG, NOT FRAGILE. I am now on my third P1i cause its simply the best phone to have right now. it has absolutely everything and it is the fastest touchscreen phone out there. in between these switches i have tried the N81, N82, W960 (SAME THING but no keyboard and lausy back button) and HTC Tytn 2 (PURE SH*T COMPARED TO P1i) and i have came back to P1i. So trust me get it. It has a QWERTY keyboard which is COMFORTABLE and i have big hands, wifi, bluetooth, infra, Nice camera, flash, 3g, cool games, cool themes, Fast responds, perfect with 1/2gb card, videocall, Track ID, and BIG memory of SMS' plus its strong and best of all its at a very reasonable price. Hoped i helped to all of you who are wondering to get this phone or not. Cya!
PLS can someone tell me what skype can I use for free, not iskoot. P1 is great phone but I can't find free skype software it wont's some credit. I would lik to use WIFI like PC. Thank you!
To Shantanu and SE Maniac
You will go here and you can update your phone with the new firmwear, just follow the instuctions.
Yes, it can create, view & edit office documents with its Quickoffice software.
Could anyone pls tel me whether you could edit, create and view office application on this phone.
does anyone here know what is the title of the song that MOBILPORT had used in the video? pls kindly include the artist too. i kinda like the song. please somebody tell me...
Been using a Nokia E90, but since it used to give me alot of problems I switched over to the P1i, and guys beleive me it changed the way I now work. Simply amazing, there's nothing like a SE P1i
hi. I've got a serious question.Is the p1i compatible with the sony ericsson mps-70 portabe speackers? please answer.thanks:)
w960i is great phone, its for music and cameras and its very stylish...
but i go for p1i, and im using it for 2weeks now, very interesting phone, its a classy phone, its a show off phone wherever you in high definition places.. like having a coffee in starbucks, in a hotel, meeting up with big peoples, it can carry you and make you a high definition man!