This is the worst phone I've ever bought. Biggest problem is that you can't hear someone on it if you are in a place with even moderate background noise. The microphone input chops up the speaker and you cannot hear what the person on the other line is saying. It's the worst phone I've ever owned. Avoid it like the plague.
Ever hear of Viral Marketing? That's when the vendor pays a company to log on to opinion sites like this and pose as real people to push a product.
I'm a real user of this product and I can tell you that it's the worst one I've ever owned.
I'll give you solid examples of why it's so bad. I challenge readers to get this from the advocates of this phone. It's hard to believe anyone would actively support buying this if they've ever used it themselves.
I write this in the hopes that other consumers avoid the mistake I made... trusting the voices on many sites like this which advocate this poor poor poor piece of expensive equipment:
Most reviews of this phone, I'm convinced are submitted by Sony-Ericsson. They lack details on why they say the phone is good. I'll give examples of why the phone is the worst I've ever owned. Looking at any other review you will find nebulous examples. Here are mine. They are specific and undeniable:
0. Poor Sound quality:
1. Poor Sound quality:
2. Poor sound quality: I can't emphasize this enough. If I am in a pub or on a train, I cannot hear the person on the other end of the conversation. This is because the phone picks up on the background noise and chops up the received sound. If you are in a restaurant, on a city street, in a slightly noisy office setting, the phone will not allow you to carry on a conversation. I've never had a phone do this before owning this phone.
3. Slow OS: This OS is painfully slow. When you click on an option, it takes forever to activate.
4. Poor Contact Management: If you receive a call from a number you don't have in your contact database, the phone doesn't give you the option of adding a number to a contact you already have. So, if you buddy Dave calls you from his new home phone and you already have him in your contact list, you will be forced to either create a duplicate entry or write the number down and manually add it to his contact entry.
5. Texts received during a call disable call hang up: If you are on a call and you receive a text message, the phone goes straight into text message mode. Pressing the "hang up" button opens the text message. Once in the text message menu, you have to navigate several levels out before you have the option to end your call again. This has happened to me several times while leaving a voice mail message and I thought I hung up, but really didn't. This is a wonderful way for phone companies to get extra minutes off of you.
6. Keyboard too small: The keyboard provided is worthless. I've tried to use it a couple of times, but it's so tiny that it's practically worthless. I've used it only a couple times and that was all I could stand.
7. Battery Life Horrible: The screen drains the battery faster than a alcoholic drains a wine bottle. You cannot see what's on the screen if it's in energy save mode.
8. Poor reception: I cannot use this phone in my elevator. I've lived in my apartment for 3 years and have used 3 different mobile phones while living there (from the same carrier as this phone). This phone will not receive calls from my elevator. It's the first one I've ever owned that won't work.
9. Long latency for reception recovery: Once I get out of a poor reception area (elevator), it takes about 35 seconds before the phone will register that the reception is better. Even if it is in an area with good reception, it will not allow you to make a call unless it has refreshed it's reception rating.
10. Web Surfing doesn't work: I was able to surf the web maybe 10 times before I started getting errors from the operating system. I called support and they encouraged me to install the older OS version. This worked for a while, then the errors started again. Go ahead and google this error. You'll see tons of them and no support from the vendor on how to correct it: "Program Closed: Program Main Reason Code KERN-EXEC Reason number 3". When you press continue, you get the Oh-so-informative "Information: Unknown Error" message.
11. Texts lost mid-stream: If you are typing a text and you open the flap to use the keyboard or other text entry mode, you are kicked out of the text mode. Conversely, if you are entering text for an SMS with the flap open and you close it for key pad entry, you are kicked out of SMS mode. The message is saved in the Draft folder automatically, but you can only access this folder with the flap open.
12. Texts lost if call received: If someone rings you while you are typing a text, you are kicked out of text mode. If you pick up the call, your message is saved in the draft folder. The only way to reach the draft folder is to open the flap.
13. Cannot end a call when engaged with other application: if the flap is open and you are typing a text... or playing a game or whatever, you cannot hang up the phone. You have to close the flap to do this, in which case, anything you were doing can be lost, especially when SMSing. Again, you have to open and access draft mode which is only accessible with the flap open.
14. Calendar faulty when synching: I have attempted to synch my calendar in Outlook with my phone. For some reason, there is a 2-6 hour gap between the times in my calendar on my PC and the dates in my phone. I've called support and looked online to try and resolve this, but again, no solution is provided. Having worked for support centers in IT before, I know how to change all the settings suggested. None work. Re-synching results in multiple entries in both PC and phone. Because of the time difference, this is exacerbated when re-synching. If you have a recurring meeting, you have to manually erase every single meeting from your phone or it will wake you up at 3am with a loud alarm telling you about that marketing campaign meeting to happen in 7 hours.
15. MMS doesn't work: I took a photo one time and tried to send it to a friend and got another application error the vendor could not explain away.
i'd go for p910 if i were you. i-mate is using windows mobile and has less apps than symbian. 3250 it's new on the market and it's apps are not compatible with the older S60 series. p910 has a lot of apps on the net.
p910 was launched in 2004 4quarter or the beginning of 2005.
its an awesome phone. The camera cud b slightly better but the videos it takes r gud, also the symbian platform gives u alot of software availablility. Lovely fone :)
Amazing phone made for the king,its an amazing stylish,tall tom boy look, I guaranty
its a good phone.been using it for quite sumtime now and it basicaly does everything that i need.alot of u have bin complaining about the battery but heres the thing.just set the screen to atomatic saver and also the brightnes to just 20 percent and there you go battery last for almost 3 days.and just remember guys its a phone and not a digicam.if u want higher resolution for ur pictures go get a sony digicam.but non the less the phone is really a jewel specialy for college guys like me who needs to organize eachday same as with my part time work.so its handy to have everything in one device.keep it up sony!
Thumbs up to sony.this one is a champ. i think sony shud upgrade it to a 2mp camera. otherwise no faults. simply the best.
Ive been using this phone for 6 months and all I can say it's simply the BEST pda phone! Ive read hundreds of reviews before I bought this, compared different phones and read thier reviews and I came to the conclusion it's the best out there as a whole. I dont like the look of the new P990.
Such a smart phone,i am crazy. i m sure that i will purchase this,can anyone help me,i want to ask about the camera and media player of this P910i.can anyone send me the price of this phone.kindly findout the price i want to purchase as earlyas possible.
i was thinking of buying a p910 but noticed in the specification that the maximum duo memory stick size was 1GB. can someone tell me if this is correct and why? because i already have a 2gb memory stick duo. thanks in advance
hey guys i jus wanted to know whether this phone would support symbian apps like Call recorder,call cheater etc... plzzz help me out
this phone is the best trust me i have had this phone for about 6mths before selling it for a w800 and trust me i miss the valuable features that the phone comprised of trust me.I am not saying that the w800 is a bad phone its really a good phone but the p910 has some really impressive features that the w800 does not carry. Such as the fact that p910 can be for absulutly anything in terms of programs
i am tinking of getting a p910 n i love to play games but im not
sure if il be able to play 3d games on it.pls i would like to know shud i drop the p910 n go for a w800 or
wud like to know if the p910 can play 3d games if transfered from a k750 or other media
I bought one recently and have since become more and more impressed with it. Not only have i installed software to run Lemmings, monkey island and Doom... but i have just bought a GPSlim236 Bluetooth GPS reciever and now i can use my phone as a GPS navigation tool. In my oppinion having worked in the mobile phone industry... you can't get a better phone/pda device. Go you good thing!
Hello, This pda is great for mi its all that I need, It have not a excellent camera and video but if you need to be better in your work you need ones.