For those who got the keypad cracked, does your phone have the Tim logo on it? Maybe the deffective ones are from Tim?
I'll appreciate as many reply as possible.
dumb design for sim card holder..hard to place in, hard to remove...
cannot default phonebook view to sim card..always prompting me to copy my contacts over.. :(
buttons are hard to press...too cramp..
So the comments about the keypad cracking are true unfortunately, I thought I was safe and sound, but last night my #2 and 6 keys cracked down the middle. This is 9 days after purchase and a couple hundred texts and about 16hrs on the web browser, so it is a lot of use, but they keys shouldn't have cracked, I am contacting SE to get something fixed.
answer to questions:
- Text message rather small fonts, but won't make you blind (nokia E65 is much worse), Can't be changed.
- Customizable lighting effects are for receiving a call (contact profiles, ring profile). You do have a lighting effect when you are notmally just using the phone (browsing the menu etc) but it's mostly green or blue (constant, not flashy) depending on your theme settings, that is not customizable.
After a couple of days of usage here's my review:
All in all the phone is neat, it does have its down sides though. For reference I've had Samsung D900, D600, Nokia E65, and Motorola Z3, just so you know what I'm comparing with.
- Sound quality amazing, very clear.
- Display resolution excellent
- extremely user friendly
- A lot of customization for contact profile like light effects and ringtones but not message tone customizatio per profile.
- keypad is ok, easy to txt
- of course the light effects its a pro on its own
- All navigation keys and short cut customizable
- Active themes (like standby with motion pictures)
- Downloadable themes from site for free so you don't get so tired of the phone's skins and sounds
- No craks so far
- No tim logo, just S500i witten (mine came from Hong Kong)
- No problem with the 1G M2 memory stick
- battery life not impressive, barely a day of heavy usage.
- Very difficult to remove battery cover
and to place/remove sim card.
- Camera quality avarage, lower than a 2mpixl samsung cam (like d600)
- No flash and not many shooting options, although nightmode improves the quality quite a bit.
- response is generally pretty good but for some applications takes 1/3 of a second and not many people might notice it but fast-demanding users might.
- The phone feel a bit pastic, better than the samsung D900 though! but not as well built as D600 or Nokia's E or N series.
- The slider mechanism is not the best, it's not too bad but not samsung's quality, it's kinda difficult to open and close without having to put your fingers in the display (I try to place the tumb above or under the center navigation key)
that's it for now. By the way I bought it on line with phonesource-usa, along with a memory stick and Nokia E65 and I'm very happy with the delivery, fast and good merchandise... I was a bit nervouse cause over the net you just never know!! I had used Samstores in the past and although never had a merchandise problem with them either, they used to have delivery delays and paperwork problems.
Ok, any questions I'm happy to help.
Oh and my carrier is T-mobile. this comment is for my previous question below this one.
Just got it today and have a problem.
I am in northern california and my sms texting worked fine on it own when i put in my sim card. My problem is that I cant receive or send mms.
It says that it's "not in home network" and when i choose to download anyways it says "Download failed, connection error"
can anyone help?
www.mmc-forums.net is a good place for Nokia an Sony Ericssons themes there easy to download an are very nice indeed
Im dying to buy this phone. But not so happy when i heard that the buttons crack. so b4 i buy the phone id like to know if any1s got ther buttons replaced. If so where from and how much did it cost..thanxs!!!!
Very elegant slider. Awesome build quality and display. Makes 1 year old phones look like junk.
Does anyone knows which site you are able to download themes for this phone? Please reply A.S.A.P
i just bought the phone and my sim card wont fit either. it won't go in all the way, and it doesn't click into place. i guess that means its defective?
good phone but the only problem is that the camera sucks! u cant zoom on normal mode with the picture size on 1mp or 2mp, u can only zoom on vga mode and the picture quality on vga mode is horrible. the camera overall is pretty bad quality.
About the keypads, I think it is specific to region. Here in Thailand, I've had my phone for a week and used the keypad so much on the web and it is perfectly fine, the only gripe about the phone is the battery life when you use the web browser for a while, it obviously drains it, as does recording lots of video.
"hey i just got my phone today and when i put the sim card in it says insert sim card... i dont know what to do to get it work." hey dan
I also had this problem... you just have to make sure when u stick in the sim card u hear a click... push it in more =o it shouldn't be sticking out at all..
Hope that helps GOOD LUCK