wow every 1 out there nokia 6630 price reduce to 500+ in starhub n s700i still rocking high thats means those who brought s700i dont worry because its value still high compare to 6630 n dont regreat for having s700i n my percious s700i n nokia 6630 connecting bugs software n wait until nokia founds anti virus software for bugs
>>> to aa:
thanx a lot! you've been very helpfull, just two more things though,
1) can I see the videos I have taken or even the ones I have downloaded from the pc, in FULL-screen mode?
2) is this 2 min. limitation in video planned to be fixed with a new firmware maybe? u know anything about it?
I have to say thanx again...
Hi ! all
just to share with your that I can use to take camera with no sound and my firmwear is R3D , may be your can try this mentod if your never try before , Before open the back camera len to take picture , press and hold the C button to turn ON the silent mode then open the back camera len to take picture , I use this mentod to take picture with no sound and it work , please try it and feed back can it work , if no I have to say sorry .
1. yes video is only up to 2min no matter how big is your memory. Reason: firmware flaw.
2. yes you can send picture, mp3's to the phone from PC and vice versa, using the appropriate cable or a USB bluetooth adaptor.
3. Yes it's like an ordinary Mp3 player, you can listen thru stereo headset or you can use the phone's speaker and you can use an MP3 files as a ringtone but not the vodafone locked S700's.
4. S700 is easy to open and it feels good quality, if you store all your contact into your phone book, you dont have to open it coz all menus are accessible even when the phone is cloz. If you are dialling a new number or texting somebody then you have to open the keypad. S700 is designed to take pics when its close.
6. Shutter sound! It depends on what version of firmware the phone has, mine can not mute the shutter sound, I tried different ways to mute it but still no luck, some said they can mute the shutter sound, i guess they have a different firmware version. It is a law to some country for the phone to have a shutter sound.
it will only work with memory stick duo, NOT the memory stick PRO duo. Memory stick duo's highest memory is only up to 128 MB, you can verify this in the store or online, thats why SE S700's external Memory is only up to 128 MB, becoz it can only read the DUO not the PRO DUO. Return your 256 MB mem STck pro duo while theres still time to refund your money
------------ Hello, I am seriously thinking of buying this beautiful phone but have some questions first :
1) The video recording limitation is actually 2 min. ? no matter how much free memory is available?
2) Can I connect it to my pc and send pictures & videos I have taken? Can I send pictures and videos FROM the pc TO the phone?
3) Can I use an mp3 I have sent to the phone as a ringtone? Can I listen to mp3s I have sent to the phone, like in an ordinary mp3 player?
4) I have some doubts about the functionality of this swivelling screen, is it easy and hand for everyday use or you have to open it for every single thing? Can you find and call a name without opening it? MOST important > can you take a picture without opening it?
6) Is there any way to take a picture without a sound? (someone said you can mute and then open the camera, it works?)
I know it a lot! but its also a lot of money so I would appreciate any feedback on these!
I've got an S700i... and I bought a 256 memory stick pro duo.. and it doesn't detect it... can someone tell me if it's compatible or not?.. if so.. how can I make it work? thanx
this fone is lovely and will like to add that why aint it got a voice tag?but am stillok with it and impressed with d work done.keep it up
people complain about how bulky and heavy it is in their pocket. all i have to so is your probably weak and small and why would you wanna put this phone in your pocket like a nokia? i would rather floss it and not put it in my pocket.
goto http://www.kawagpz.dk/default.asp?pageid=34 s700i guide to convert mpeg4 video to almost fullscreen mode.
Thanks stefh. Can't think of any other reason not to buy the S700 since it is not as expensive as it first came out. Anything I should be aware of?
With the new firmware (R3K) you will be able to record 30 minutes of video
I'm also about to buy SE S700 or Nokia 7280. I will more likely buy S700(a manufacter unlocked one) , but worried about its limitations such as 2min video recording and if any other. Please offer some advice.
Yo fonyfans out there! Plz help me out! Right now I've got a 2 year old Neukia 7250 and allthough it's still working properly (as it did all the time for the past 2 years) I can now choose a new phone from my provider. But the question is...which one...I'm thinking between a S700 or an D500..but I don't know wich one to choose... Like all technoids I would like to have all da specs such as streaming video/tv but UMTS is still in its 1st phase so we'll in Europe have 2 wait a little while before we can actually have he world in the palm of our hands...Okay thanx for your interest and good luck to good people..!
if you like you're 65k phone then you gonna like the 256k 4 times more. It means 256k is 4 times better than 65 k. The difference is very noticeable, for me i dont think im going to get a 65k again!
guyz does s700i play videos in full screen mode???have heard it only plays videos in a small mode?whats the size of the video on its screen whn played??? plz reply.thnx alot :)
If a S700i unlocked or unbranded supports unlimited video does it mean I can watch videos such as "Spiderman 2" on it? The movie may be more than 128 mb, but if another brand of memory stick with more than 128 mb works? I would definitely get this if movie viewing is possible. Forget any other phones.
i like the fact that is possible to watch mpeg4 video in almost full screen mode in s700i.