The worst of the Idou:
1. It won't have 3.5mm audio jack (Yes, it is possible to use your own earphones connecting them to the adapter that comes with Walkman earphones but, I've bought 3 SE earphones to date in 1.5 years because the Fastport became lousy.)
2. It won't have LED flash light. Xenon is great but you can't use it for continuous lighting like a torch light (which I currently use a lot).
3. Battery life will be poor. With active use, it will probably last only 1 one day at the best.
4. It will be released in Q4, just like Xperia was. As we've seen, the phone is in its only concept stage. Inferring from the videos, probably, only the media center of the software and the case of the hardware is developed.
5. It will be overpriced. Xperia's initial price was over 800$. This will be at least 1000$!
6. Despite the apparently good build, the cases will crack like some Xperias' did.
7. Video recording will be poor. Xperia has 640x480 with poooooooooor quality. SE is legendary for its inferiority of video. (720p is out of the question for following 4 years at the least).
PS. Take this post with a little bit of scepticism and sarcasm. I'm a great fan of SE and am writing this in hope of this not happening.
Sony Ericsson ROCKS!
Nice phone looks damn cool
12mp camera and touchscreen
& the best is
It eats up all ur battery hahahaha!
emaildizzy, 21 Feb 2009i bet this phone will let it self down like every single sony one and i mean every single sony... moreUmmmmm, the XPERIA can record 640x480 video...
and this being a new Ultimate Multemidia brand then the video recording will definitely be at least that.
i expect HD at least.
I think there is no need for a 3.5mm jack since u can use it with the headphone cable tht comes with the fone u can plug any headset to it
nokia+sonyericsson = sumsung (nw guys just think abt the best)nokia & se fan always keep fighting n we sumsung lover keep advancing...hahaha
when is it coming out for world wide sales
cant wait to get it...
se the best !!!!!
you are best cell phones at most century!!
if have stereo speacker?and hd vdieo recording?
Symbian OS ????? not windows mobile!!!!!
Polyphonic, MP3?? what about WAV? ACC? and many more .............. I think it's gonna be a great phone BUT they MUST seriously review the features
i bet this phone will let it self down like every single sony one and i mean every single sony ericsson phone and thats the video, if you buy a phone for the camera which most people will do if they are buying this phone the very next thing they want good on it is video? ( camera video hand in hand?) but even to this day sony don't even do 352 x 288 video which samsung and nokia did at least 4 years ago! sony are the best phones to have by far but the video always let them down, it use to be can't put a mp3 as a text alert but they sorted that out with the k800 2 years ago 3 or 4 year after every body else? i question sony some times with the lack of comon sence.
i jst visited d toshiba page on gsmarenaand judging by d similarities of their sliders to dat of SE and their use of d shake control.i can bet my flawless idou will be made by TOSHIBA!.I do love d idea of it beeing manufactured by toshiba or HTC cos,they r both good hardware makers than SAGEM.Toshiba makes such awesome computers and i knw dat wil be implimented on d idou.thank u SE for wooping nokia 1-arm-straight!
Anonymous, 21 Feb 2009like the experia...i bet this one will be released like several months late. plus i will not b... morefirst try to learn how to spell XPERIA and 2nd XPERIA is a brand like walkman and cybershot the phone that you are referring is X1.
missalanna, 21 Feb 2009Does it have carl zeiss optics?no it has landwa prasad optics, who the hell said that phone with carl zeiss is and ideal case.