Hey guys...now...I have been using and testing this phone for 4-5days now...So...This post is all about the small problems and annoyances I've faced with this phone.
1. The battery indicator is not reliable...It shows 100% for a long time, but once it starts going down, it quickly reaches the "Battery low" stage...But still, on my current usage, I get around 1.5days of battery life...This is very impressive considering the fact that I keep the display brightness at 100%, Bluetooth is always on, Gmail and Google Latitude continuously runs in the background (Though GPS is off)...I really miss the exact battery % like in every other SE phone...
2. The Media application has great looks but not so great utility...The main things missing are the option to search a track/album/artist or to sort the tracks as per date/size/alphabets and ascending/descending order. For example...I want to listen to a song starting with letter 'Z'...I've to scroll through the entire 1000 tracks I have on my phone...That is annoying...There is a 'Search' option in the organiser...But I wish it was integrated in the Media.
3. Setting a tune as Msg tone or alarm tone is a nightmare...All the compatible sound files will be displayed in a single list...You have to scroll through the entire list to find the perfect tune...If you have only 10-15 tunes in your phone, its a good option but having a 1000 tracks being displayed at once, finding a perfect tune could take a long long while...
Sid, 09 Jun 2010Hi Friends,
I bought the Vivaz Pro, day before yesterday. The phone looks very good.
Just wanted to let you know that the software is in the memory card provided. So, just connect your phone to your PC...You will see an Install.exe. That is the PC suite...Sony Ericsson is not providing software Cds with any of its latest phones.
I bought the Vivaz Pro, day before yesterday. The phone looks very good.
1) Very Nice Touch
2) The camera is gr8
3) The Phone feel very light
4) The Keyboard is much better than the Nokia's
1) The Speaker Volume is very low.
2) If you dial from the QWERTY if you press Enter the phone does not call. You need to Press the call button.
3) The Touch is not that good in scrolling as compared to Single clicks.
4) No Software CD included in the BOX
White is awesome, though I bought black as I wanted to use the Phone for a long period.
Price: Rs. 23200/-
Aliza, 08 Jun 2010Hey Firedragon:-),did u notice one the the price of vivaz pro is not same globally it has a ra... moreGood day, moonlight of this forum. Yes prices are always difference from country to country depending on currency exchange rate and commission type of stuff. If you look prices over Europe, you will simply freak out where in US it is some how reasonable.
And yes I know about the new sets coming and it is obvious since SE said they will not do any more WinMo set after X2 (although they did one more) until new Windows. But my case with X2 is more of a looks and its UI system. If I get those on that new device then I will consider dropping X2.
For Adam, I just read an update through other sites that although they can launch it by end of July as planned but their "investors" are forcing them to stretch timeline till ThanksGiving, which means according to the reports is by November, which is sad for us. However the CEO said they will push it as planned and will let investors happy by keeping the launch to limited countries. None of this is official but I do NEED that piece of art BAD.
I will try to arrange a URL for friends to show what I did with "Archos 9" PC Tablet. And no I am not expert or something, I tried this concept for a Mobile set for Sony Ericsson, it looks a bit thick but posting it for you and others.
kcyc, 08 Jun 2010dear fire dragon,,do u know if we can execute forex trading on vivazpro?thanks in advanceI am not sure about this one, if I had access to Vivaz(s) I might check it for you but no luck here yet. There are user who are using Vivaz Pro so hopefully they can give you better answer.
For the mean time you can always search on internet (yahoo, bing, google) through something like "forex trading for symbian vivaz pro"
getrishi, 09 Jun 2010mike 550 where? Has anyone seen it in malaysaia or the UK?$500 to $550 in middle east, ex, uae, qat.
i m going to buy tis vivaz pro..if anybody using using pls tel me can i buy it...
Aliza, 08 Jun 2010Hey Firedragon:-),did u notice one the the price of vivaz pro is not same globally it has a ra... moreHey, how are you, find the vivaz pro yet? Buy it yet? No, I never said Im buying the vivaz pro, something a lot more special, not a phone.
Btw, I did see the vivaz pro today, its $550 here.
FireDragon, 08 Jun 2010Good day. Well Anio is a good set but it is like a yesterday now while Vivaz(s) are current an... moredear fire dragon,,do u know if we can execute forex trading on vivazpro?thanks in advance
FireDragon, 08 Jun 2010Good day. Well Anio is a good set but it is like a yesterday now while Vivaz(s) are current an... moreI will go 4 white vivaz pro coz all my previous handsets were black,but this color combination of green n white is great,screen is also big ya,will be helpful re reading my posts coz I usually miss sm words before posting.
[deleted post]If u mean phillipines by PHP,go to cgena.com 4 price check he he sorry
FireDragon, 07 Jun 2010Hello, sunshine. Yes, I keep hearing complaines about not having a good sound while it is one ... moreHey Firedragon:-),did u notice one the the price of vivaz pro is not same globally it has a range ($450-$750),it is cheapest in my country as Ronak mentioned its $450 dollars,lucky me.i need a tablet now no its not SE tablet,its Asprin he he,I am sorry but SE tablet is not more than an x10 with a keyboard,i got interested in Adam as it will be first attempt by indians n will be priced worthly ,hopefully.i would love to have a look at tablet designed by u as I know u as a genious,just share a link with us,one more thing SE2010 posted that SEs goin to have fone with windows 7,so dont go 4 x2,well sunshine reminds me of sun which shines like a firedragon in my country ,take care
help me, 08 Jun 2010hey guys ... i have satio Idou...can anyone please help me bcoz m confused shd i go fr vivaz ... moreWhy are you confused? If you want to change your phone just for the change then go ahead sure it is good option but you have to let go of 12mp camera if you care about large snap photography much.
hey guys ...
i have satio Idou...can anyone please help me bcoz m confused shd i go fr vivaz pro or not..???
The Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 mini costs RM1,099 and will be available in the middle of the month while the X10 mini pro (price to be confirmed) will be available in July. The Vivaz pro will be priced at RM,1799 and will be available in the middle of this month.
[deleted post]to check phones in the philippines go to
cgena.com. its one of the websites I use to check availability of the phones as well as the prices...
ferdous1440, 07 Jun 2010cz i got n900 just 21days ago.... Got to admit N900 is good tablet phone and have to respect the power it has despite 600mhz processor and it can do some real good stuff if it goes up to 900mhz. Not of my taste tho, but yes I am an admirer of good things (as long as they are not overly-hyped)
Anonymous, 07 Jun 2010Good afternoon!- at least where im living! Im still trying to decide between the vivaz, vivaz ... moreGood day. Well Anio is a good set but it is like a yesterday now while Vivaz(s) are current and are more advanced so Vivaz or the Pro if you are into long texting too much.
For Skype, Symbian provide great support for Skype as far as I know so it must be the same case here.