Much Better phone. But just lacking some of the basic features like security lock.Much affordable phone. I bought it for 7200 Rs
do not care about any negative comments given by others.this is such a nice,simple fone with simple & nice features.if u r a music lover with a simple life style,then dont care about any damn comment.i red all comments and i got thie fone.its the best fone i ever used...!!!! just go for it friends..!!!!!!!!!
Do not get this phone if you want to mxit!!!
SOMEHOW IT DOES NOT WORK!!!!
only for the sound quality i take the phone , but the sound quality is low than other & also the speaker phone is not good at all .
w302 is nice clarity ,slim good looking,but the speaker is dam shit...volume is very very low...and then low battery... and slow process... PLZ EVER DONT BUY IT...
its just a waste of money. buy any phn but not w 302. sony ericsson is effecting its own goodwill buy launching this model.
Anonymous, 03 Mar 2009I bought this phone after my old w810i got broken (a car passed over it!). I thought it's a ch... moreMaybe that's why it's named w302 as compared to w810i. As the number suggest: 810>302.
I bought it in replacement of my aging W700i.
To me, its a waste of money.
But it does give you the cool factor, considering its slim and the back cover has an interesting print on it.
Function wise, I prefer my w700i for these reasons:
1) No sync to PC (darn! anyone has update whether it will be in the future?)
2) No custom themes
3) Camera is so-so. Very poor at night
4) Contacts are hard to manage, and even harder when Im sending to another since most will end up appearing as blanks (until now I cant figure this out)
5) fugly fonts that cant be adjusted
apart from the above, its an average phone.
good for those who are buying a phone for the sake of owning one, but not for those who actually maximizes its usage and programs.
you know wht???...this mobile is only for showoff other than tht ther is no use...
i cannot load mxit on this fone, and i have tried verything even called mxit called the network provider , they cannot help,
r, 04 Mar 2009You "got the w810i fixed and it's as good as new" after
"a car passed over it!" ??? :)Yes. Lucky me! The face and the screen were totally ruined.
I'm not sure what exactly happened to it. I presume it was a car. It fell from my jacket pocket. Someone found it broken. I was able to contact him and retrieved it.
Anonymous, 03 Mar 2009I bought this phone after my old w810i got broken (a car passed over it!). I thought it's a ch... moreYou "got the w810i fixed and it's as good as new" after
"a car passed over it!" ??? :)
I bought this phone after my old w810i got broken (a car passed over it!). I thought it's a cheap replacement with the same set of features. I was wrong. It has so many disadvantages when compared to the w810i.
1) The menus feel much slower. The fonts are huge and ugly. You can't change themes beyond the few themes already there.
2) The back button was removed. Why remove one of the best features in SE phones?
3) The camera quality is inferoir to that of the w810i although both are 2 MP. Add to that the fact it doesn't have LED flash nor auto-focus.
4) The photos browser is slow. Thumbnails are smaller and you have to move to the photo to see the thumbnail. Once you've chosen a photo you can't zoom! Terrible browser!
5) The music player is ugly and every time you want to go back to browse your music you'll have to press a button several times. Yet another drawback of removing the "back" button.
6) You can't sync the phone to the PC!
7) External speakers sound awful.
8) Removing the back cover and putting it back isn't easy at all. You have to remove it if you want to get the the memory card because it's hidden under the cover!.
Overall, a terrible phone by Sagem with SE logo on it.
I sold it after only hours of owning it for two thirds of it's price!
Luckily, I got the w810i fixed and it's as good as new. I couldn't be any happier with it. How could a three-years-old phone be superior to a new one?!
why w 302 model dont have low volume sound ?.sound is not audible
sinash, 02 Mar 2009I think that my money went in vain.. Its a poor set.. Low battery back up,low speaker volume... moreThen why did You get it?.. All You mentioned is widely known. Battery point is questionable - it depends on usage. Display is 176 x 220 pixels - what do You expect from it? Smilies and other such things to me are irrelevant. I see small size, small weight, good minimalistic design, very good price, respectable pics quality, perferct SE phones' book and call register. And an organizer thing I didn't see anywhere - both the organizer and to-do list support voice reminders that allow recording one-minute audio clips that will be played back at the designated time(You don't need to put text to set a.e. an appointment).
how long is da stand by time + talktime??
Plz someone give reply...
I think that my money went in vain..
Its a poor set..
Low battery back up,low speaker volume
It doesn't supports any theme from outside,
Picture clarity is worst,
It doesn't supports smileys,
Very very slow processing.
DONT BUY IT...
Here in Argentina with movistar Opera mini works.
You need to make a new connection and it does.
I don't know why, but it has been the case with the w200 too.
I have not yet tried converting music to m4a to see if it sounds louder as some other reader posted, but I will later.
I love the looks. The battery seems short-lived, but well, I can live with that.
First, thanks to GSM Arena, this is IMHO the best site to get info on cells.
Now, let's get to it.
Workaround about the contacts issue:
Export all the saved contacts from MyPhoneExplorer to vcf cards.
Copy de VCF cards to the phone's "other" folder.
It will give you the option to "Save" each contact, and it will add each to the contacts list.
Cumbersome, but beats the hell out of typing all that data in the W302 tiny keyboard.
I hope this helps!