did you here the story of the w550i handset that fataly choked on a cherry stone? me neither! anyway the phone is a good design although the twist action does take somme getting used to. the k75i is more user friendly and has expandable memory, however 256 Mb is ample memory for my use, the is a great successor to the mighty s700i!
Well I have purchased the phone recently and I must say that initially I was very impressed. Great sound, reasonable camera and I love the ability to load up MP3s. However, two weeks after I got it I had to return my phone because when I received some phone calls, my phone would vibrate but not ring. When I try and answer the call, the phone would still vibrate and not answer, I would switch the phone off and guess what, the phone still continue the vibrate until I took the damn battery out! Anyway I was told it was a software problem, so Sony Ericsson updated the software. Got the phone back and wouldn't you know it, 3 calls later my phone continued to vibrate as before. I have taken phone back for the 3 time now. Who know what the next problem is going to be.
halo.can anyone help me?i have problem with W550i.i was listening to songs,when someone called me.there is no ringing tones coming from my earpiece and i can only hear it when i remove earpiece from my ears.so what actually is the problem??help please.thanks
The w550i sound quality is the bomb, seriously loud, better than all nokias, a little better than k750i.
MadMuggle, cheak out the VK2100, very cute,and out already. the W550i comes with 2 covers, 1 white and one orange, thats all i know. :)
i have a confusion currently i have got a nokia7610 and i m planning 2 buy a new 1 i m confused abt n0kia 6680 6681 sek750 and w550
any 1 who has used this phone plz let me abt the sound quality bcoz i alwayz like d sound qquality of se phones ?thanx n reply soon
One last thing - do you buy it in the colour of your choice, or in orange and then swap removable covers? If so, do they come with it or do you have to buy them and for how much? Thanks.
One more thing - can anyone confirm that it plays mp3's (or whatever file types it plays) as sms alerts? I read in here you can but I read somewhere else that you can't... Thanks.
Since I am sick to death of waiting for the Nokia 6111 to come out in Australia I am considering the SE W550i.
I have a few questions as I have never owned any phone except Nokias....
1. Are they similar to use to Nokias? The general functions and buttons etc? Also text messaging - similar generally?
2. Can you silence a call without hanging up on the caller? Judging from what I've seen on the net you can't (you can only answer or hang up), but I wanted to check. That's a big negative for me as I can't always answer my phone but sometimes forget to silence it, yet don't want to hang up on the caller...
3. Is the design kind of annoying the way it swivels around instead of being a normal up and down slider? I'm 25, married and farily sensible and don't really want to look like an idiot with a stupid wacky phone. I get the feeling it's more for teenagers who want a camera, iPod and phone all in one. So is it kind of normal or a bit gimicky? I want a cute but simple smart phone.
4. I am a Mac user, although my husband has a PC laptop... Is it an issue with this phone (putting songs on it etc, although I have a video iPod so I'll only put songs on to use as ringtones, not to listen to except maybe occasionally)
5. Any points a new-to-Sony Ericsson user should know? I'm a bit reluctant to switch phone companies, but this phone is the only phone that is cute and in my price range apart from the N6111 which, like I said, I'm fed up waiting for it.
6. Any other phones you can reccommend (from my points above)? Like I said, I have a 60GB iPod and a laptop, plus a high quality digital camera, so including these features and memory cards and similar gimicks are not important to me. Just the looks (cute, small, smart), quality and ease of use...
Thanks to anyone who can answer some of my questions.
W550 is Good, But i have question?
? When W550 USB disconnect, the Phone will shut down, Is that normal or can setting ??? :)
Pros: Nice display, hugh internal memory,
nice stereo wired headphones, cute
design, can change alot of themes, nice
Cons: Hang if too many things used, no external slot, when listening to music, phone rings the earphone don have sound to tell so missed call alot... then sms same.., not supported on wireless headset bluetooth cannot listen to music using bluetooth headset.
sorry i meant when i got it back from the service center..how can it get repaired when i still have problem with it...infact it got worse!
Thnx Aayush for the reply, I had searched the net for W800 i software since there is no option for 550i software. There is java application called ilock or passpord protect. Little sceptical whether are these java software are good or not....performance wise also. Do let me know in case u have some links for password protection for folers & pics etc.. All my frnds are crazy abt my phone....all love its songs, sound, interface, looks...... Indeed this is rreally a great phone on e shud hve except one minus point....MEMORY which is just limited to 256 MB. Sound awsome.
Waiting for ur reply Aayush...
absolutely w800 is much better than this...it's just a cheaper version..you will not enjoy this phone because its memory its not expandable unlike w800
hi guys, i am unable to decide between w500i and w800i, which is loud in those two? thnx
Thanks Aayush,,i was confused as you wrote in
2005-12-16 that it has only 92mb..and about N6630 and other nokiaphones why do you always say its rather bad....Small note: what s your phone? from all these models
Sony can make a small walkman that can store 1gb of music but why this phone only had 256 mb!?