Yes, phone is very good. I bought it three months ago.I am realy satisfied.
Hi, had this fone for abowt 1/2 a year now n had NO problems wid it at all. with the fone comes disc2fone n this software is brilliant!!! u add all ure favourite tracks to the proggramme n then u can convert them to 32 bps - 192 bps this basically means u can cut ure tracks down (in mb's) and fit loadsa songs onto ya fone !!!
Can someone tell me if this sony ericson w300i really does have good battery life?? This website says it has up to 9hrs talk time is this true?? How many hours can u play music?
The cellphone is just amazing... Sound quality rocks.. and it is really a walkman phone.. i agree that the memory is a bit low.. and they shud upgrade the phone.. The only need is the memory card.. else the phone is amazing :)
i have had this fone for nearly a year and yh its realli good but the camera is a bit blurry compared to the likes of the cybershot and other fones and the memory is a bit small 4 a walkman fone especially with no memory card slot but it is still a good fone and a good buy for £140
this is an ultimate smart phone it's stereophonic output is amazing on headset as well as on loudspeaker.i think it's functions&looks are good in comparision to nokia-6600,7610,6630&6670.
my boyfriend has this phone and they sound is brilliant, we listen to the radio all the time sound is great and signal brill
The fone is nice .I got my charging port spoilt nd I was able to charge it via USB.Its quite a nice fone.
Hope SE will produce it`s upgrade with at least 1 gb memory not using that lousy 232 mb memory
this fone is very good,and has very good sound effects. its sound clearity is excellent.
Sony Ericsson W550i
Features Marks Obtained
Phone Quality 10
Phone Integration & Accessories 08
Utility Manager 09
Imaging & Video 08
Additional Features 09
• “Marks Obtained” in each segment, is out of 10, and so, total is out of 100.
• “Look” signifies the originality of the appearance of the phone. The phone is elegant and handy enough, to score a perfect 10. Besides, availability of several themes over the internet, scores for the variety in the appearance of the phone. Additional “Style-Up™” covers also help the phone score well.
• “Phone Quality” is based on the call quality, battery performance, messaging experience and durability, i.e., the device’s performance in classical phone functions. Awesome battery and call performance earn another perfect 10 for the phone.
• “Phone Integration & Accessories” is the overview of the phone’s memory, software kit and accessories supplied with it. Lack of the expandable memory feature causes a deduction of marks. But pretty good internal memory and excellent quality accessories compensate to an extent.
• “User-friendliness” is the measure of the satisfaction of the user. It is mainly based upon the easiness of use and simplicity of the phone. Another 10 for W550i, for excellent shortcut keys, and fairly good speed of the phone. Even 10 out of 10 is less for this phone, in this department. A 15 or 20 would have been better.
• “Utility Manager” is the phone’s capability as a personal data-manager along with some useful applications, such as the flash light (which not only gives support with the camera, but works as a handy torchlight). With calendar, tasks, notes, etc. and the flash light and alarm clock, the phone is pretty good in this department. But the absences of “Office Applications” like “Quickword” or “Quickpoint” cause a loss for the phone in this department.
• “Connectivity” is another area where the phone scores well. The supplied USB cable is an excellent data transferring device. “Bluetooth™” and “Infra-Red” also provide easy transfer of data. The “Bluetooth™” speed is fairly high. When receiving, the maximum speed is found to be about 36 kbps, the minimum being 15 kbps. The “Net-Front Browser” is quite user-friendly and so, browsing experience is bettered. But the absence of “EDGE” causes a small loss of marks for the phone. Besides, the “PlayNow™” is a big bogus, at least in some countries like India. The contents in “PlayNow™” are hopeless enough.
• “Imaging & Video” is a department, which is certainly not one of the strongest for the phone. The pictures taken inside a room often become sepia-toned, a feature that doesn’t help the phone score well. In addition, pictures often become blurred. But excellent in-built photo and video software, viz., “PhotoDJ™” and “VideoDJ™” respectively, pull the score up to a handy 8.
• Music is probably the strongest side of this phone, at least when the multimedia features are concerned. Tremendous audio quality, pretty good “WALKMAN™” player and the features like equalizer (consisting of the “Mega Bass™” preset), “Stereo Widening”, etc. earn a sure shot 10 for the phone. However, the software, MusicDJ™, which produces MIDI ringtones, is unnecessary, at least, to me.
• Gaming is quite a good experience on this phone. The “Landscape Mode” is quite good for gaming experience. Though few games can be found and downloaded with this mode, the embedded games, especially “Worms Forts 3D” utilizes it to the fullest. Other “Java™” games, when downloaded to the phone, worked pretty well. The user-friendly keypad adds to gaming experience (though the much advertised “Gaming Buttons” are not necessary, at least, according to me). Only one area of regret in this department, is the absence of “Symbian OS™” for the phone. That means, the user can’t play classics like “Asphalt Urban GT 2 3D™”, “Midnight Pool 3D™” and many more.
• Additional Features is the segment, where the phone has been judged to possess some interesting as well as important features. For example, in this phone, the “Update Service” feature, which is accessible over the air. Also, interesting “Java™” applications like “World Clock” (embedded) and “Converter” (downloadable from the Sony Ericsson fun and downloads website), add to the phone’s marks. The phone is a perfect data storage device when the data bank is not extremely large. It can store unknown file formats also (though they can’t be opened on the phone) and can be transferred via “Bluetooth™” or “Infra-Red” or USB cable to another device. And one of the biggest features is that, games and applications can be easily transferred to this phone from a PC via the many transfer methods. Even, if the application’s installer file is transferred to a folder like “Other”, the application isn’t installed. Under this circumstance, one can send games to other phones also. I have never come by such easy transfer methods for software or applications. However, inability to change the appearance/skin of the “WALKMAN™” music player certainly strips a mark from the phone’s tally in this section.
Certainly, this phone is the best I have seen and used. No other phone has been so exciting and user-friendly. A healthy score of 92 out of 100 proves that.
Iam absolutely amazed with this mobile phone however Iam looking for a folder lock on this mobile phone.
Cant we a default software from sony ericsson to lock the folder?
Its an awesome phone...The sound is awesome and the ear phone quality is extremely good...So it has all the things that you are looking for a Walkman phone but the negative part of it is that you dont have the external memory card slot...Altogether its a great phone for music freeks.
hi this is abu, this new w550 is really cool,it sound rocks, clearity is good, good high volume of sound proves its a real walkman. hats of to w550 sony erricson
hi this is abu, this w550 is very cool mobile, it really rocks,what a sound clearity, nothing can beat it,good grps supportive mobile, its sound really proofs its a walk man. hats of to w550.
At last I've finally managed to repalace my N-gage QD for a sony ericsson w550 and let me tell u all that its a great phone and worth the money.
I've been using it for 2 weeks now. The layout and shape of the phone are great but rather thick if u wanna put it in a pocket.
The screen display is good enough and really bright in the dark.
The keypad is comfortable to use since the keys are a bit larger than other mobiles.
The camera is 1.3 megapixel with nightmode, funny frames, burst mode, and also a flashlight to help u take photos in dark areas.
The photos on a PC look nice but keeps u wishing for more and also the same for video clips.
The phone has a shared memory of 256MB and that leaves about 232MB for the user. I think its a really good memory to store photos, and MP3 songs.
The walkman is just the masterpiece of this great cell phone. The sound is really great from the loudspeakers or the included headsets and even on a bluetooth headset! This walkman application has a stereo widening feature which allows u to make the singer's voice as an echo.
It also has an equalizer with the megabass feature. You can also set ur phone on startup to use the walkman only without logging into the GSM network if u were on a plane or a place the mobile phone usage is prohibited.
The FM radio is also a good feature in this phone. It supports RDS (radio data system) which is a small text line broadcasted from the radiostation that gives u advertisements and also information about the played song or program.
Unfortunately u cant use the sound equalizer for radio. the radio supports automatic scan and auto save for stations.
In the entertainment section, you will find interesting Java Games, Music DJ, photo DJ and Video DJ which allow to edit ur files as u want.
A simple sound recorder is also located under entertainment and it also records calls.
Messaging is average for all sonyericsson phones and it supports SMS, EMS, MMS, instant messaging, and also voicemail.
the browser of this phone supports GPRS (at least in my network operator).
Infrared and bluetooth are simply compatible with all other phones and PC's and u will find no problems. You can also remote control ur PC using ur W550!
The organizer section contains alarms, world clock, calender, tasks, notes, timer, stopwatch, calculator, flashlight, and also a code memo to save certain codes and passwords.
The phone also has a great file manager in order to organize, rename, delete,and move all file types.
The phone themes are really intersting. They can change the layout of ur phone and the wallpaper completely. Orange themes are the best.
The package of the phone includes a headset, charger, menus, quick guide menus, USB cable, and also extra ear plugs 4 ur headset and also a white extra cover.
Changing the front cover was problem since it was very delicate and hard to pull out and that caused my white front cover to break but no problem since the orange one looks really great on the phone.
There are also grey and black covers available for the phone and black is nice also.
The phone could be easily connected to the PC via cable. A windows XP operating system will recognize the phone as a USB external drive.
If u need any extra information about the phone dont hesitate to email me:
or +963-92-239873 (text messaging only)
I love this phone alot and it really removes any thoughts of replacing it.