The screen isn't small , it's physical size is 1.8" inches. The Nokia S60 phones all have a 2.1" inch screen (except Nokia N92)
hi ppl i got dis new fone recently.....its awsum....i got query....s der any chance of d fone acquiring virus while transferring data from a symbion fone via blue tooth.....plz answer my query @ d earliest....im a bit woried abt dis.....& ver can i get d settings for dis fone to activate GPRS....i use airtel card & ven i contact him he says dat my GPRS has been activated but im not able browse thro it....plz help me....my id s email@example.com......
can anyone help my bluetooth doesn't work no one can find me and i can't search for people when does find people will not allow me to connect to them can anyone help please??? xxx
Hi All ... I m Back,
My phone also got some problem. I switched off the Phone and then switched on back then just white screen comes and nothing happens we can't even switch off the Phone ... I have to remove my baterry to do so. I don't know whether this is white screen problem or not. Normally when white screen appears I'll able to switch off the mobile and then switch back on and it start working fine. But this time this din'tt happen. I took to SE service centre and solved the problm obviously New software done. Now software ver. shows
CXC1250031 R4CB020 000000
I am again going to take this phone to SE service centre as they loosen the joints .....
i have a problem with my mobile that it did shutdown and it is not starting it lights but shows nothing i need some help
i just hada question about this phone does it play music through blue tooth headset?
Hi GAURAV, I also faced the same prob since no setting is available on sony site or Hutch site for GPRS.
I contacted HUTCH customer care & got the setting via e-mail. Then i put the setting in my W550i.
Remember before putting setting, just reset ur mobile first & then put the setting. After that just switech off ur mobile.
Thats the way i did when activated GPRS.
hello!w550 is a very good phone but alcatel s853 has a better stereo sound and camera!look at it!
I need the default applications that are preinstalled on the w550i (3D World clock and the other one that i forgot its name !), because I deleted them today accidentally :((
Here is my email, thanks to all.
Can anybody answer the following questions?
1. How is swivelling action in W550i. Is it true that it will wear out after some time and the screen will go blank..
2. If you download any games/themes from internet, sometimes the instrument gives erratic results!! How reliable is the instrument when we download?
3. Once you transfer pictures from instrument to PC/laptop, can you edit them and retain the same quality of picture?
4. if anybody has the pictures taken with W550i and Nokia 6600? Howz the quality of pictures in each case?
i m purchase the same 2days back i m not able to connect the same to gprs
i want to know the settings for the same as in my sim card gprs is activate
hai folks 1st of all i want 2 tell u all that w550 is boombsatic .2nd there is no white screen problem i repeat no problem those who say they lie... i am using this phone about six months.in my openion this phone is lot of beter then w800 . w900.w950.dont go of the memory .256 mb is a lot . look at the sexy99 desine and oh my god sound u kan not handel its rokking do not waste time on others just goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo 4 it.
HI..I bought w550i few weeks ago and I simply LOVE it! but anyhow,does anyone any messenger software that is compatible with this phone?ive tried mig33 but it keeps on disconnecting.
My W550i keeps freezing when i try to use my bluetooth. Also, when i turn on the bluetooth and select add devices and select service list, the phone is stuck on that screen forever and i have to remove the battery and restart to get back the normal screen because the power button quits also.
I need help. I love this phone but when it freezes and not even the power button works, the phone sucks.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. I've been hearing about upgrading the software, how do i know which one i have or which is the best one?
well i got my w550i a few days ago and must say i'm really pleased with it so far!!...i got it from cpw for £119.99 which i thought was a good price considering it also came with 2 extra covers!! 1 silver and 1 white plus the original orange...i've had a few se phones over the years and have always found them realiable...well done again se!!
I ll tell ya what i did exactly stepwise.... There is no need for a pc.
1. start update service that comes in the phone itself. Its under settings>general menu(one of the reasons why i chose w550i over w800i/k750i)
2. The device mgmt processing... screen comes up
3. after a short while a new screen screen pops up asking u to confirm if u wanna download the update package. Its about 1.9 mb
4. upon pressing yes, the download starts and it completed in 5 mins
5. then a message pops up saying tht the phone will restart and the software installation will take place and meanwhile the phone functions would be unavailable
6. then i pressed ok and then the phone restarted...
7. upon restart a new update service screen came up and the installation started with a progress bar. It took bout 30 minutes.
8. then finally the phone restarted again went to standby ....and there u have the new firmware(R4CB020)!