...PLEASE read other posts dude...the video record DEPENDS on how much space u have left in ur fon...it can record up to ours DEPENDS on ur space...
i am shahid.my question how i can update my phone softwhere(w550)
Thanks Very Thanks
if that the case, i am confirming buying other phone. i heard that the d600 is much better.
my cousin had this phone and went for servicing TWICE and the second it was pronounce dead
Hello out there, does anyone know how long you can video for, tried mine & its really only about 10secs, my k700i used to capture video for bout an hour, many thanks
hello!today i was about to tested w550 in a shop but it did not opened!is it because of the white screen?the screen was always white and i could not open it!do you know about this problem?thanks!
is that true tat dis phone has technical problem??plz some1 reply n let me inform.
thnks a lot for the information abt white screen,i fought it was more serious than that!im relieved a bit now coz i really like that mobile phone n am gonna buy it next month....thnks again!
it is currently proven tat the white screen of death happens when u install or play some corrupted files...so those files are unusable....so when tat happens...u jez click the on button 4 quite a while and wait until the screen appears again :P...and for the video length...it depends on ur memory space how much space it can support ^.^...
i want 2 know what is that "WHITE SCREEN OF DEATH" that ppl talks abt?am planning 2 buy 1 soon n reading abt these comments on white screen am afraid!!!is that a technical problem with all SEW55i??????plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz let me know n ill be very glad n thankful if some1 helps me....plzzzzz
i want to ask......how many frame per second(fps) this phone can capture for video???
is it 10fps or 15 fps???
i just trying to ask!becoz,this phone can use other theme like K750...and W800!.....so i thought that theme suitable with this phone!
i not said that is W550's theme......i know that theme available on SE K790/K800....
i heard also about the technical faults,
i better check with sony ericsson if not starhub is too much for downgrading the phone
to all singapore interested buyers,
consider on other se models as the starhub
here is trying to remove all their w550i phones. i check with a friend working in starhub, he told me there is some technical faults with it.
to haslan. about dat theme u wanted. that is the screen from one of the new se phones with the cybershot and what not. dunno how you got to think that it was a w550 theme but yeah its not w550.
i agree to ANAND PRASAD......
the camera actually good,but you need skill to conquer it!
last night,i took indoor picture with this phone using auto white balance in my house(at night with lights on).....but the picture look worse!
after i change white balance setting to FLUORESCENT.....the picture looking great!
and after i got my phone back(with new software) after it's DEAD last week....i found that recording sound(recording and video) become louder....and that's makes me really happy!
before this i quiet lazy to record sound and taking video becoz the sound is toooooooooo low!now it's louder!3x louder!
hy dear friend...thanx for nice great details...and i'm happy that this phone has smooth zoom noy jumbing
Hi, I have changed several phones, but this is my first SE. Some Features about the W550i:
1. Great looking phone. Most people who havent seen it will price it at twice its price. Small, a little fat, but you wont notice it until you put on those tight pants.
2. Fast and responsive. Doesn't make you pull your hair out waiting for it to do something.
3. Pretty good camera, if you have some knowledge about digital photography, it is a must have. When you take a picture, it doesnt look like a mobile taking a picture. It looks exactly like a Digicam. Useful in built flash, exposure control (-2 to +2) in several steps to get the best looking picture. Can take a series of pictures in 'Burst' mode. Can take a fantastic looking 'Panorama' shot (180 degree)which your friends will NEVER believe it was taken by the phone. Has a 'Photo DJ' built in the phone that feels like a mini photoshop(you can do the auto-leveling here) where you can change photo attributes, crop, rotate and add clipart. I found one feature which may be negative to some, but not to some:
The camera has 3 modes for pic size:
a>1280 X 1024 - 1.3 Megapixel size. No zoom.
b>640 X 480 - 2X zoom, wherein if you zoom you DONT lose the size of the pic.
>160 X 120 - 4X zoom, again, no size loss when you zoom in.
Now, I call this fair because when you zoom in every other Camera mobile, every step in the zoom cuts the size down. Hence a '4X' zoom mobile gives you 4 different sizes, but in the W550i, you get: 1x(1280x1024), 2x(640x480) and 4x(160x120), which means that you effectively get 3 sizes and 7 zoom levels. And yes, the zoom is smooth, not jumpy. It also is capable of video recording in 128x96 or 176x144. It has full 4X zoom in video mode, with flash and night modes. It still has the exposure control. Once you record the video, you can add text to it (like a title), and even remix or replace the sound with your own fav. Mp3.
4. When I say the Walkman is Fantastic or mindblowing, Im making an understatement. The sound is simply too good. I had listened to every other competitor, but the SE W550i is too good on this frontier. Even without the earphones, The 3 onboard speakers deliver justice to the ears. In full volume they are a little loader than Nokia, and when you turn on the Stereo Widening feature, it acts like a nitrous boost; completely shattering the competition.
Oh yeah, did I tell you that with the default cable you could connect ANY headphones or Hi Fi stereo speakers? Hmm...
(it uses the normal jack that we see everyday on our headphones)
5. Gaming isnt too great, but the sound clarity in some games and the way you play the games is welcoming. It also supports multiplayer and internet gaming.
6. The Distinguishing feature is the Update. After I heard about the white screen error, I was a little skeptical about the phone, but I bought it anyways. To my delight, the manual told me to update the firmware in one of two methods: Wap or PC internet. I chose PC internet since I believed it would be faster. It took me around 20 mins, but After the updates were downloaded, updating the phone is a synch, even for dummies. (by the way, I remebered how when my Nokia Ngage wouldn't boot, showing me the tell tale 'Nokia' Screen and I had to run to the Nokia centres to get it fixed for a pocketful.
Thats it from me. If you have any questions, please mail me. Cheers.