to all singapore interested buyers,
consider on other se models as the starhub
here is trying to remove all their w550i phones. i check with a friend working in starhub, he told me there is some technical faults with it.
to haslan. about dat theme u wanted. that is the screen from one of the new se phones with the cybershot and what not. dunno how you got to think that it was a w550 theme but yeah its not w550.
i agree to ANAND PRASAD......
the camera actually good,but you need skill to conquer it!
last night,i took indoor picture with this phone using auto white balance in my house(at night with lights on).....but the picture look worse!
after i change white balance setting to FLUORESCENT.....the picture looking great!
and after i got my phone back(with new software) after it's DEAD last week....i found that recording sound(recording and video) become louder....and that's makes me really happy!
before this i quiet lazy to record sound and taking video becoz the sound is toooooooooo low!now it's louder!3x louder!
hy dear friend...thanx for nice great details...and i'm happy that this phone has smooth zoom noy jumbing
Hi, I have changed several phones, but this is my first SE. Some Features about the W550i:
1. Great looking phone. Most people who havent seen it will price it at twice its price. Small, a little fat, but you wont notice it until you put on those tight pants.
2. Fast and responsive. Doesn't make you pull your hair out waiting for it to do something.
3. Pretty good camera, if you have some knowledge about digital photography, it is a must have. When you take a picture, it doesnt look like a mobile taking a picture. It looks exactly like a Digicam. Useful in built flash, exposure control (-2 to +2) in several steps to get the best looking picture. Can take a series of pictures in 'Burst' mode. Can take a fantastic looking 'Panorama' shot (180 degree)which your friends will NEVER believe it was taken by the phone. Has a 'Photo DJ' built in the phone that feels like a mini photoshop(you can do the auto-leveling here) where you can change photo attributes, crop, rotate and add clipart. I found one feature which may be negative to some, but not to some:
The camera has 3 modes for pic size:
a>1280 X 1024 - 1.3 Megapixel size. No zoom.
b>640 X 480 - 2X zoom, wherein if you zoom you DONT lose the size of the pic.
>160 X 120 - 4X zoom, again, no size loss when you zoom in.
Now, I call this fair because when you zoom in every other Camera mobile, every step in the zoom cuts the size down. Hence a '4X' zoom mobile gives you 4 different sizes, but in the W550i, you get: 1x(1280x1024), 2x(640x480) and 4x(160x120), which means that you effectively get 3 sizes and 7 zoom levels. And yes, the zoom is smooth, not jumpy. It also is capable of video recording in 128x96 or 176x144. It has full 4X zoom in video mode, with flash and night modes. It still has the exposure control. Once you record the video, you can add text to it (like a title), and even remix or replace the sound with your own fav. Mp3.
4. When I say the Walkman is Fantastic or mindblowing, Im making an understatement. The sound is simply too good. I had listened to every other competitor, but the SE W550i is too good on this frontier. Even without the earphones, The 3 onboard speakers deliver justice to the ears. In full volume they are a little loader than Nokia, and when you turn on the Stereo Widening feature, it acts like a nitrous boost; completely shattering the competition.
Oh yeah, did I tell you that with the default cable you could connect ANY headphones or Hi Fi stereo speakers? Hmm...
(it uses the normal jack that we see everyday on our headphones)
5. Gaming isnt too great, but the sound clarity in some games and the way you play the games is welcoming. It also supports multiplayer and internet gaming.
6. The Distinguishing feature is the Update. After I heard about the white screen error, I was a little skeptical about the phone, but I bought it anyways. To my delight, the manual told me to update the firmware in one of two methods: Wap or PC internet. I chose PC internet since I believed it would be faster. It took me around 20 mins, but After the updates were downloaded, updating the phone is a synch, even for dummies. (by the way, I remebered how when my Nokia Ngage wouldn't boot, showing me the tell tale 'Nokia' Screen and I had to run to the Nokia centres to get it fixed for a pocketful.
Thats it from me. If you have any questions, please mail me. Cheers.
can somebody tell me how long the battery lasts?
and what would you recommend... samsung X700 or SE W550 ?
please can anyone help us and give as a link showing some photos taken by se W550 !!or even post some of his own pics to be sure about the camera quality!!if anyone can help me please send me some pics taken byW550 to my email!thanks a lot.
White screen ....
finally this problem caused my phone to stop working correctly. I reviewed and searched all comments on this problem. Most replys are saying to upgrade my phone firmware, but unforunately SEUS software says that my phone is uptodate !!!
I wondered if there is any tools to manually flash the phone ... Can anyone tell me where to find such tools and also how to find the correct firmware download ?!!
Tanx to all
does anyone know how to set up the internet over bluetooth connection of this phone, because i've been reading a lot of forum, but no instructions for this specific phone. i want to connect this phone to the internet using my pc internet connection...anyone know the settings? thanks!
well, for me, the dead screen prob is just a minor prob. it happened to my phone many times. i guess this is a bug or something. i've updated my firmware to the latest but its still the same. when the screen turns white, i just take out the bettery and put t back again. restart it and it will be back to normal. i realise this happenes when i change to certain downloaded themes or when u open some files. so just delete them, then your phone will work fine.
does this phone support rm playback, is there any software available for rm playback in this phone. can anyone help me with price of this phone in bangalore. thanks
the price of this phone in delhi is 12500/- with bill and 10900 without bill.
go to gaffar market for it.
i NEVER got the screen of death b4 although i din update my software for a few months already :P XD....so if tat happens...jez upgrade ur software...ppl keep tellin this but yet no1 listens...
hey guys i got the phone two days back.
till now every one else who got the phone was getting white extra panel with it. i was lucky to get that dark blue kit.
had a bit of difficulty in changing the panel. there are no instructions in the guide book.
THIS PHONE ROCKS.
BUT THAN THERE IS COMPLAINS ABOUT SCREEN GETTING DEAD ON 15TH OR 17TH DAY....
KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED
Hey Guys! I bought the fone the other day n I have to say its the best! I have also a motorola V3x and that battery died, phone turned on and off, freezes and mp3 volume was barely a whisper. SE right now make the best fones. But... the music transfer software isnt working atm???
I have a question for you, maybe you can help me...
I received a Sony Ericsson W550i one month ago, now I activated GPRS on my mobile operator and I want to acces Yahoo Messenger.
I can acces the internet, Yahoo mail, but messenger doesn't work. I heard that I must download some softs/ applications to acces Yahoo messenger?
Thank you, I'm waiting for your answer.
finally i got my phone back with latest software!
but i lil'bit confuse...becoz....
before my phone "dead".....my phone's model is W550i..........but after i got it back,my phone's model change to W550c.......c?
what happen actually??
I have loaded "rm format" music files into the phone from the computer. But they have moved into "others" folder inside "File Manager" and I dont get play option for them.
Can anyone tell me whether this phone supports "rm format" music files. If so how to install the Realone Player into the phone?