Have no fear in buying this phone:
-I have it for 1month and the joystik is verry good, i have no problems whit it
-YEs it comes whit a 512mb card but you can use a 2gb card
-abut apss i don't realy know
-Belive me it is a great phone!!!
-If you have any more questions E-mail me
I've had this phone for a week and here's my findings:
- design, colours etc.. (in my opinion)
- feature rich
- MP3 and FM radio sound quality is excellent
- Sync with PC easy
- battery life
- transfer with bluetooth quicker than expected
- feels nice to hold
- USB cable comes bundled with phone (instead of having to buy separately)
- generates interest from other people "Oooo whats the phone??"
- ability to have WAP, GPRS, and email settings sent to you from Sony Ericsson website instead of having to wait on the phone to talk to your carrier.
- volume of tones etc.. is very good
- reception pretty good
- screen rendering issues after playing games (eg entering a phone number makes the screen show some incorrect rending)
- sync with Mac is crap (not sure if this is issue with the phone or isync - neither would suprise me! Yet to find a phone that works well with a Mac)
- earphones hard to get used to
- last night the screen went bright white for approx 10 seconds for no apparent reason
- keylock doesn't lock all the keys (eg. had it in my pocket and took it out to discover the walkman had been activated...)
- 100% better than Samsung and Motorola phones (I've had them and I hate them!)
- nearly on par with Nokia phones, personally think Nokias are a little bit better (more robust and less buggy) but I would definitely recommend this phone as an alternative.
- get it if you want a feature rich phone with each function working well, including the job of just being a phone!
need a new phone. Someone tell me what i should get as the best thing out there overall.
Can I see whats on the Phone & Mem stick using bluetooth with my computer?
And then can I copy music across?
It is a a cheap phone and you do get value for your money so why not, go for it.
i really want to buy this phn but i am confused...is tere any one can gv me an advice that what should i do? i like every thing about this phn but on this web i see a lot of comment about this phn
is ther any one presently using this phn....pls mail me with your advice.
This Phone is worth to buy and it has an amazing clearity people compare with the rates for it to be expensive in front of a k750i but truely speaking this is amazing phone and worth to buy the sound the clearity and everything in it is just amazing the battery power for the phone on music only is also tremendous i always believed in nokia but then i thought of using a K750i and then i switched to w800i and i think out of all the phones that i have ever used i think this is the best phone trust you don't buy it you will regret a nice phone.
hey mark.. you say that this phone looses to a digi cam? its not too bad for me.. its not a camera after all, its a PHONE!!
SE's SMS memory is not shared with the phone memory.. it has its own capacity. Why you need to store 1000 sms for?
how many messages this phone can store?
i've got a little over a hundred sms in my inbox and around 68 in my sent folder. a message prompt out saying it's 95% full. crazy, my ngage only had about 3Mb inboard memory, and manages to store >1000 messages. this one has 10times more than that but only allows us to store 100++ messages? Ohhh, no!
activate ur camera and change it to video shooting mode. click on setting and then from "Save To", change it to memory stick.
And hey, the phone doesnt allow u to play full song for ur msg tone.Funny.
I bougth this phone few days ago and i realizaed that the volume of the earphone in very low, does enybody has this problem, the sound only come from the back speaker and the front earphone does not sound.
After having this phone for 10 days I have liked the design feel and build quality of this phone until this morning when my screen isn't working anymore.
Over all I think the phone is good but just the same as any phone you can buy, I got this phone after a long line of Nokia's that only get improved from one model to the next and I just felt like a change. After getting used to layout between the phones I have realised that they are the same.
I am really disappointed with the camera on the phone as the quality is well crap compared to my digi cam. if you want to see picture examples you can see them here: http://spaces.msn.com/members/awindowtomylife the creamfields pictures where taken with this phone. all others with my digi cam.
i now somebody already put this question but i did not see the answer;why the cam in video mode shoots only for 10 sec?can you change this?if yes,how?pls help me.my e-mail email@example.com.
what kind of formats can the SE w800i support on both music and real player
I was wondering if someone could help me with what seems a trivial problem.How do you rename photos taken by the phones camera.It doesnt have a rename option unlike photos that are sent to you and are stored in pictures.Thanks
P.S This phone is just great!
this is the ultimate in cellphone tech spec . when on vacation who needs bring a digital camera,video cam,mp3 player... just bring your sony ericsson W800.........w800 rules...32gb card on the way ....beat that nokia