i like using sony phones rather than nokia but ive heard this phone is excellent .is there any new phone better than this one w810 which has a touchpad
@Davis - You are confusing yourself. Not all Nokias let you install software so stop saying they do. Only Nokia smart phones accept SIS applications and now Nokia has made it so you cannot use third party SIS aplications. Smartphones are more for business people than the average man on the street (or woman) and Nokia are not the only company to make smartphones.
Is it me or do Nokia fanboys seem to have tunnel vision? They see nothing but Nokia.
did a complete research on this mob, finally decided to go for it (the price just dropped from 19k to 16.5k in the last two weeks)
but had very bad luck... before i bought th mob, i checked for everythin except the camera... when i brought it home, the camera wasn't working! any of you had this problem? the dealer refused to take back, had to give it to the service center, they say the'll replace but after a delay of 15-20 days :(
anybody had such dreadful luck???
hey!i read this user opinion in cnet and i yes agree with this review.
this phone is better then w800 because it has no joystick, it will last for 2years at least.so if you want a phone that will last for just 5-6months then pick w800,but if you want one to last choose the w810,i have it and it-s great.
w810i can not install any software is it ?
compare wf nokia hp.. nokia got a lot of software can be installed !!
W800 is avaliable for $330 and W810 is $440.My question is do we have to pay an addition of $110 for getting the EDGE and a short cut button for main menu? What the other advantage that W810 have over W800? thanx.
Im using this fone for the past 2 weeks and i have no regrets....totally amazing!
Im planning to upgrade my memory next month (2gB or maybe 4gB)... Im thinking if someone here have tried 4gB? As per SE brochure/datasheet, it surely supports 2gB, how about 4gB?...
What kind of memory (flash,hardisk,etc) has been used on Ipods 20/60gB?
Looking forward to have these large memory on future SE fones..
W950i is cool coz it has 4gB flash memory...
Very nice reviews & comments .....
Looks like " Happy W810i's User Club" is now increasing .... :-)
Full User Review
This is a great phone. I did a lot of research on cell phones before purchasing this one. I have cingular service in Wash, DC area. Paid $430 at simoncells.com. I see it is now $400 and it has only been three weeks.
1. Camera is very nice. I agree with other reviews as it will not replace your digital camera. Picture are pretty clear though. Not so good in low lighting. Burst mode is cool. It can take 4 pics in a row and you can select the best. So no closed eye pictures.
2. Walkman: Very clear, very easy to use, excellent storage capacity with memory stick duo. I have the 512 Mb that comes with it. I just copy my mp3's from music folder on to the duo card. Very easy. Haven't tried my ipod files, but I think they work.
3. Browser: With EDGE, browser is pretty fast. I mostly browse through Cingular express, but mobile.google and my OMA access to work email also work great. pages render in approximately 4-5 seconds. Make sure you download the internet access software program from Sonyericsson.com or you can not browse. Same for email client.
4. Modem: Sony software made it very easy for me to use the phone as a broadband modem for my laptop. During a recent business trip, I connected from several different airports to conduct some business. Worked flawlessly and I got speeds at over 100Kbps. Sweet.
5. Calendar: Calendars synch very easily with my outlook calendar. Does have to be connected to PC for this(or bluetooth)
6. Flashlight: I guess this would be cool in a JAM. Very Bright.
7. Battery life: Not as good as I hoped. With frequent calls and browsing, I believe one day is all I will ever get. I am ordering an additional battery today.
8. Call Quality. Average. Not great but not bad either. Same with the wired headset that came with it. I do not have a bluetooth headset yet. My girlfriend does not think I sound as good as I did on my Samsung basic phone with Verizon Service.
9. Ease of use. Only problem I have is getting video in the proper format to play. I think it needs to be .mp4. I have not accomplished this yet. Also remember to visit sony ericsson site to download updates and necessary software. After that, everything was easy enough.
10. FM Radio with RMS. Radio works OK, reception is not fantastic, but this is a nice option when you get bored with your own music. RMS is the technology that gives you name and artist of song playing if the station supports this.
11. Light Sensor: is pretty cool. automatically adjusts brightness of screen and turns keypad lighting on and off. Mine did not work on first phone. I returned it and the replacement worked.
12. Screen: Is clear and colorful. Gets dirty easy because ot is flush with the rest of the phone. I ALWAYS have fingerprints.
13. Memory: The 512 MB additional storage is great. i will most likely upgrade and hget an additional 1GB card.
14. Video: Only plays one or two formats. I am pretty computer savy and I did not get this to work yet. I'm sure I will when I sit down and work on it for a while, but it is not simple. Also, with my Cingular service, I can not get streaming video. The protocol cincular uses for this in my area is not available on my phone.
15. Contacts: Sych with outlook contacts. I will store all numbers in outlook for backup and synch my phone with that.
16. games: I am not a gamer, but there are tons of games available with the JAVA program that comes with this phone.
17. look: I think the look and size are perfect. I am in my thirties and I work as a consultant, so I did not want anything flashy. This phone is stylish, compact, and classy. The feel is very solid. Nice construction.
Overall a great phone. The few negatives that I point out are very minor and are greatly outweighed by the positives. I really like this phone. It is absolutely the best you can do in this size phone and in this price class.
yo yo wotup ppl er...i want 2 no if da w810i has anyzoom at all
there are few applications for this phone compare to nokia. very bad phone.
Hello I'm from Turkey. SE W810i is the best cell phone I have ever used. It has a very good 2 megapixels camera. I recommend that phone high. Thanks Sony Ericsson...
hi ppl. just got the phone its brilliant.does anyone know how to check the software version? and should i upgrade it all the time?
I Have Had 22 Phones This Year And Best Phone I Have Ever Owned Is W810i Camera Quality Is Outstanding Music Player Can Hold Over 200 Songs.... Just Brilliant !! A+++
Im using this fone for the past 2 weeks and i have no regrets....totally amazing!
I am now capable of receiving MMS after setting up my fone at SE website.
This site is very informative and i hope it will be continue or expand more....
Thanks to Vince...i will try to check and download new themes at "www.zedge.net"
Im planning to upgrade my memory next month (2gB or maybe 4gB) ...Im thinking if someone here have tried 4gB? As per SE brochure/datasheet, it surely supports 2gB...
After a long time deliberating between the W810i and the Samsung D600 am glad with my final choice of the W810i, very capable all round phone, extremely easy encoding from CDs to MP3s to transfer via USB to the phone memory. Decent keypad for my large fingers, occasional creaks but nothing too worrying and the overall build appears solid.
For those that have complained about hiss I have worked out that is more down to the quality of the bundled handsfree than the phone itself. I upgraded to the phone from the K750i which had unfortunately been stolen from me a while ago and found that the radio quality is superb with the K750i handsfree!
i have n91 and w810i
w810i is far better than n91
coz cam of w810i is better than n91 cam
auto focus and macro mode of n91 sux
over sized and heavy
very very slow
I'm getting my w810i through www.welectronics.com. I've purchased phones from him before, he's great. You can find this phone for $332.16 shipped (in US) on ebay (online dealer name x1387).
can this fone support 4 gb or it is just a joke i heard????????????plz help thanx in advance