Isn't it funny how some people have taken to making anti SE W810i posts but not leave a name ;)
Okay - i argued with 02 this morning
phoned them up and told them to pick up the 2nd Sony Ericsson W810i that i have had, they said NO ! they would repair it, so i said CANCEL my £60 a month contract, they then agreed to swap it, ha ha ha
i`m fedup with the annoying camera light flashing, and the volume output at Maximum is NOT loud enough, all my friends agree with me, AND my brothers basic £40 MP3 player from EBAY is louder and of Equal sound quality, my Nokia N91 arrives next week, am gutted now as if it had been loud enough i would have kept it, plus firmware on the phones auto update facility is still not available from Sony Ericsson.. oh well..
Heres to a crappy N91 camera quality, but at least the best music phone
Just got the w810 this morning. Everything wonderful apart from the flashing light problem. Looking at it in comparison to my k750 the colour of the diode is much brighter on the w810 and also it gets hot very fast as the k750 doesn't ... hmmm kinda makes me thing sony have put the flashing mechanism in there to stop the light overheating.
Cheers for the adice!
When for w810i in the end. Love it!
one things is the blank screen on power saver mode, keep checkin iti s switched on. Would prefer sleeping clock.
Do you know if you can get an Fm trans that isnt sony or that is powered via car cig lighter? Not sure about sony one as it uses phones battery
v poor quality headphones in comparison to the quality of the phone itself.camera excellent but flashing light is terrile.sound rather muffled.battery life ok but to be honest wish id stuck with a nokia as keypad is much better
Mic did you even bother to read the specs before posting your question?
Can someone please tell me if this phone can play Mp4's, like episodes of tv shows etc......... plz i need to no soon cause i wanna get this phone, but noone can tell me if it plays Mp4's...... Plz can someone help me out????
the w810i basically has everything we need from imaging to music. people stop competing 3250 and w810 coz they have their both advantage and weaknesses 3250 is a symbian but is inferior to camera and etc. w810 excels in hardware chracteristics but not in os advantages. people have their own taste so people don't need no more to argue which phone is the best.
no..like in nokia phones, i need the delivery report but..dont want to press ok to clear the screen each time i get a report..is there ne option for tht?
Varun: you can disable the sms delivery report. Go to text message settings.
as populary known this is one of the best mobile phones made till date..but i wud like to know is there some way to enable sms "delivery reports " and not press OK each time a report is received??
Praveen: you can download the themes and lots more through the SE website or through GPRS/WAP of your phone.
pls frnds can anybody send me the original themes and wallpaper that come with phone.pls i done master reset pls my emai-praveen_i2001yahoo.com,pls arj.
pls anyone one can send the original themes and wallpaper that company had given pls my brother just reset all means master reset.plssss arj help me my firstname.lastname@example.org anyone i will thankfull to him
Like all things, it takes some getting used to. When texting, in nokia, the space bar is 0 whereas in SE, its #. The menu is easy to navigate. Im sure you'll get used to it in no time. I know someone who used to be a nokia owner who switched to SE. It took a couple of days for her to get used to it but now, she's having a hard time using a nokia. This is the reason why nokia is still market leader, everybody has used a nokia and a lot of people are afraid to try out other phones which in actuality could be even better. Just like in computers, everybody knows MS Windows but those who dare try a different OS like Linux actually find Linux better.
I am a bit worried about changing from Nokia to SE but am tossing up between this SE W810i or the Nokia 6280, obviously size wise the the SE wins hands down. But are the menus easy to navigate around in the SE cause Nokias are just a piece of cake....Any help would be appreciated.
I have the w810i and I've given the 3250 a listen in our local nokia shop. All I can say is, only 3250 owners will say that their phone sounds better than Walkman phones. Nokia might be making improvements on music phones (especially the n91) but the 3250 is way behind SE and Motorola in sound quality. Lets enumerate:
- 3250 might be ahead in loudness, but the w810 beats it in terms of sound quality and clarity, whether on loudspeaker or headset. 3250 headset is inferior (but since both have the 3.5mm jack, this is not a problem).
- The twisting design might be unique, but its useless. I wont be surprised if the rotating part will loosen after a few months. To go to music mode you have to twist the phone 180 degrees, or go through the menu. Whereas in walkman phones, its just a press of a button. What if you have to text while listening? You have to twist it back again
- What viperkid keeps ragging about the w810 not being able to categorize accdg to artist, title, album....lies...This is standard in all music phones.
- 3250 does not even have auto keypad lock.
- Camera, Im sure everyone will concede that W810 is way better than 3250. Only a blind person will say otherwise. The only problem some W810i units have is the flashlight sometimes blinks after being turned on after a few seconds, which will be easily fixed by a sw upgrade. The 3250 does not even have a flashlight.
- The bulky 3250's headset plugs in at the side of the unit, which is actually cumbersome if you just put your phone in your pocket...if u can still put it in.
- 3250 is triband; W810i is quadband
- W810i has EDGE, Im not sure about 3250...I hope it does.
Apart from the last 2, it is the hardware that makes the 3250 inferior. So no matter how good its symbian software may be, which is not saying that w810i's is inferior (as it has a beatiful, fast and responsive interface), it still wont be able to compete. No wonder 3250 is cheaper tha W810i.
Mick from oz:
Have you tried changing the rubber part of the earbuds? The set contains rubber earbuds of different sizes. You can find one that will fit you.
Nokia's phones more or less look the same too. Look at the N series. As well as their Le Amour series, which was black before. They just changed the colors. They're just good at marketing. Just look at the 3250, which was inspired by a brick. But since its a nokia, gullible people start believing it has a cool design. Sheesh. Give it a few months and you'll start hearing people complain about the rotating part.
Ive also experienced the white screen of death....on my N-gage QD, which means it is not a purely SE problem. All brands experience this. They just have to install the upgraded sw.
Ive taken my unit to the SE service center and they will try to fix the flashlight problem (which the 3250 owners aren't complaining about since it has no flashlight at all). Will keep you guys posted as to what happens.
Great phone, I love it!!! Glad i decided to give Sony Ericsson a chance but just a couple of questions...
1. After you have taken a photo can u zoom in to have a better look? I cant seem to do it with the zoom keys
2. Is there any way that i can extend the time before the screen light goes out (to the idle screen)?
If not then still a great phone-- highly recommended!