i still love the w900 it looks the best and has good featchers i hpe they make a smiler model just litter smaller brtter camra(3.2) and G3.5 internet speed it wolled be perrfect
LOL oh okay @ bloat, nah u dnt realy hav to turn autofocus off,i leave mine on al da time,bt anyway lol apparently rite nw the only rival dis phone has interms of video is the Nokia N93
it costs around 14k-17k 2nd hand in greenhills. There are a number of second hand units so don't just go for the 1st one you spot. Look for the best deal. And make sure that everything's included. Some vendors give it at 13k but they don't include the headset and other stuff. I only encountered 1 brand new unit, it cost around 22 or 23k. I forgot how much exactly.
@ tsepz: hehe I already had it in normal mode when I shot my 1st few videos. The thing that I wasn't able to adjust was the autofocus. It should be turned off when taking videos.
can the walkman 1.0 be upgraded to 2.0 using the update service on the SE web?
i wanna hav this kinda fone.....huhuhuhuhu.........nokia really sucks....yeah........keep it up SE...
YOW dis fone has da 2mp cam on da market,a huge screen, a 3D GRAPHICS ACCELERATOR by NVIDIA (GoForce 4800 chip) 470mb internal EXPANDABLE memory, it does videos at 30fps therz only a hand full of fones dat do dat, and on top of ala dat its a WALKMAN so who eva said it sucks an ala dat probably has no clue wat they talkn about, probably hav no education or cellphone knowledge!
im the person who spent that ammount on that phone an its great i love the twisl ike the 5500 its better than half the PHONES today
my names jo
a load of hype over nothing i say, its a phone and a phone only - my freind spent £290 on this thing!! i think she is crazy to be honest myself, but will i eat my words??
LOL okay i jus checkd on my camera, bloat the reason y ur W900 is only doin 30secs is coz its set on FOR MMS in SHOOT MODE, so next time u r about to shoot a vid go into SHOOT MODE an select NORMAL that wil let u record for as long as ur memory wil allow u
LOL at bloat u havnt realised that wen u want to shoot a video longer than 30secs u gta go to Video mode or quality and choose HIGH QUALITY VIDEO that wil let u record for very long,ive recorded for about 1hour b4
I'm really sorry for the mistake on my review of this wonderful phone. I've had it for a week and I didn't figure this certain part of the phone yet.
It's about the video camera. When you take a video and your autofocus feature is on, it limits the video to around 500 kb or 30 secs. Remember to turn off the autofocus before shooting videos. I'm so glad I figured it out immediately. I love this phone even more now that I can shoot unlimited videos.
An unbiased comment from a W900 lover.
I got this phone a week ago, 2nd hand. I was truly impressed by the features that it presented. But, as all of the things in this world, they're not always as they seem. This phone has GREAT features, but it also has a few down sides.
The GREAT features of the phone:
1. The memory: It will never leave you wanting for more. But if you're the type who wants to fill your phone with all the mp3's in your computer, you can do something about it. You can use the memory stick.
2. The design: It's big. Yes critics have complained about it. I guess they're comparing it to new models which are actually to small to enjoy. It's big for a lot of reasons that overshadow its size. It won't feel great in your pocket, but as I said, the features just overshadow the size. The swivel design will somewhat keep you on your toes. You won't get bored with it.
3. The screen: It's just as clear as can be. I especially love the orange of walkman in contrast with the black faceof the phone.
4. Sound quality: It's very enjoyable. The bass options are really functional and you can hear the difference. The earphones direct the sound straight towards your eardrums. The loudspeaker is also amazing. It's really loud!
5. Usability: Coming from a nokia handset which truly is user friendly, I have no complains on the interface of this phone. It's so easy to get used to. Not much difference from nokia handsets.
Now for the not so great features of the phone.
1. The headset connector: It just gets removed too easily. A little bit of a nudge to the connected headset will already disconnect it. It will automatically turn into loudspeaker mode. It's really a hassle when you're already enjoying your music.
2. The video length: I just wish that it could use up as much space on its memory as you would want it to. 30 seconds just aren't enough.
3. The messages: I don't know if this is true for all of the sony ericsson phones , but for most, it has a very limited space for messages. This is a pity, but at least it keeps your phone clean. You can erase the sent messages to solve your space problems. It also counts the sent messages.
I didn't comment on the camera because I'm not a very knowledgable person when it comes to that. I just know that the zoom, the light and the full screen view are great. You be the judge when you compare the pictures with other 2 Mp cameras.
Final word... This phone is uber cool. It was way over my budget but I've never regreted getting it. I had to choose between the Samsung D900 and this phone. A 3 Mp camera just didn't do it for me. I really recommend this phone if you're the type that wants something that has almost everything and wants something different. It has character and the features to match. I hope this post will help a lot of people.
@ Sony Ericsson, get the W900 it has way more internal mem than K800, IT has a bigger screen than a K800, it has less bugs, its the best SE at shooting videos, and has the best 2mp cam on the market,and a walkman media player
well i love this phone to the max,can anyone just give it t o me from the heart,i am in real love with this phone cos i love it and adore it so much