There is no option to make your own equalizer or edit one of the ones that are allready available. Also when doing the upgrade, use the Sony Ericsson PC Suite, to make a backup, which backs up almost everything, except some settings, but it does backup all the files, all the contacts, applications and what not. Also the upgrade doens't touch the 8gb, so no need to backup files from it, except if you have applications on it, then just backup the applications, not the files, since they will be left. In the Sony Ericsson PC Suite, you get an option what you want it to backup to your computer.
perhaps I'm missing something rather obvious, but on my W960m I can't find any options to manually adjust the individual EQ sliders on the equaliser. Is this something that you need the new firmware for? Also, when I update the firmware, will that wipe everything I have stored on the 8gb memory? Kudos to anyone who can help, thanx...
Yeah it does, but depends on the Country your buying it from.
Yeah the Earphones Volume is Loud!
even louder when the Equaliser is Equalised Higher.
W960 users, Pls can someone tell me if the W960 comes with the bluetooth earphones as advertised?
not good qwality in headphone i mean not loud
any software 4 loudness increase?
or equliser setting at full?
Pls can someone tell me if the W960 comes with the bluetooth earphones as advertised?
Thanks for that info on creating playlist pal,it works fine. I guess I couldnt figure out this option on my older firmware. I recently updated to the new one & had not tried this option. But now I got my playlists up & ready.
@ Nick & to all
I love my phone cos all of the cons become insignificant in front its unique features, ease of use & sexy looks. I just shared my experience to give a fair picture abt this mobile but not to help SE bashers. As I have said, no mobile is perfect as all of them have their own list of pros & cons, may be it SE, Nokia or Samsung. At the end its abt every individual's personal choice.
You say that you have to go one song at a time to add them to the playlist but that is wrong. You actually with this phone, can select all songs and add them to the playlist, or select only the songs you want to be added to the playlist. To do this, first have your walkman find all the songs, then create your playlist, then go to the track list and then press on More - Manage - Mark, or Mark all if you want all the songs to be selected, after this then go to more again and this time go to Add to and then it will show your playlist name, and press on that and this should be it. Don't know if you didn't see this, or maybe this wasn't a function of the old firmware, since when I had the old firmware I didn't try creating a playlist.
I'm fine bro :)
... yee, PS3 is a real beast with 2 Teraflop performance !
Check this out folks! :
I dont mind the Adaptor at all
all i care about is QUALITY!
and these SE Walkman Earphones have it!
so im not bothered about the damnn adaptor
Well that's it settled then , it's crap cos of the adaptor.
Mate why don't you give us and more importantly yourself peace.
You have the best phone , and all ours are crap.
Now you can sleep easy , sweet dreams.
Just don't touch your phone , the creeks will waken the household up.
shiva the sony erricson user has said it himself.
he hates using an adapter.
need i say any more?
My experience& list of pros & cons of W960i
1) Price : I bought mine for Dhs 2200/- (roughly INR 23,500/-) in Dubai during January. I personally feel that this price tag doesnt justify the features which it misses out on.
2) Built Quality : Though looks delicate, its very sturdy & well built. Its solid & b assured it will survive minor falls & knocks. But its a finger print magnet, facial grease just sticks on it all the time & u have to keep wiping it off often.
3) Looks & Style : It looks sexy, definitely macho. The keypads r soft & suits ppl with big fingers too. The 3 way jog dial, volume up & down buttons, camera button does its job. Absence of the 5 way D-pad is the biggest con on this phone. This makes the navigation & msgng difficult & sometimes frustrating too
4) Battery performance : For an avg user this will last for 2 days comfortably, but heavy users (4-5 gb data, 8-10 hrs music, 1hr internet, 2 hrs calls) ensure u have spare charger handy cos this will die down by the end of the day. For better battery life & network disable wlan & 3g while not using them & also disable the walkman visualization mode.
5) Ring Volume : Its definitely the loudest SE phone uptil now though it can never beat N95 which has stereo speakers & dedicated sound chip. But b assured u will hear & feel it even at crowded noisy places.
6) Touch Screen : Its good but not the best & cant even come near the iphone. All the main menus & the walkman menus are big enough to b operated with finger touch. U'l need the stylus for certain functions, but hey u can get ur routine operations like calls, msgng, music, gallery, camera functions done with ur fingers.
7) 8gb Flash Memory : This is the best part of this mobile, you have 7.65 gb space at ur disposal & the transfer speed is unbelievably fast. 1 gb data within 2-3 minutes. Its undisputedly the fastest. Period!!
8) Operation Speed : Its the fastest in its category. Come on ppl its a symbian UIQ smart phone loaded with so many applications, certain functions tend to take few extra seconds. But its far better than the frustrating nokia symbian phones.
9) Camera : 3.2 mp with autofocus & led flash, u shouldnt ask for more on a walkman phone. Its not as good as K800i but does a decent job. Photos r pretty crisp & clear during day & at bright light conditions but mediocre during nyt & dimlight conditions. Video recording is awful. It still records in the ancient 15fps speed 3gp format.
10) Walkman Player : Here is the core feature that SE is banking upon. W960i comes with the latest Walkman 3.0 version which is pretty good but except for the new look & feel, few tweaks here & thr it doesnt offer any break through technology or experience to the user. It has 11 equalizers among which I use only megabass & rest r useless. It gives u good musical experience that a walkman phone should do. But I m not at all convinced with certain things that SE has missed out.
a) Absence of 3.5mm jack on the mobile itself which would allow me to plug in my headphones, I hate plugging in my headphones to the adapter provided on the SE headphones cos i cant carry it always & it adds on to the length. Wake up SE!! Nokia has been providing a 3.5mm jack as a standard form factor on its mobiles since a year.
b) The headphones provided with the phone is same old, that they have been shipping with all walkman phones since 2 yrs. Come on SE, we are paying so much shouldnt u atleast provide some new headphones with remote to operate the phone & music player.
c) I cannot add real media songs on to the walkman playlist, though I can play them separately from the file manager. This is so stupid, the walkman 3.0 does not identify real media songs but the old music player version on the P1i or K800i allows u to add on the rm songs with the mp3 songs to the playlist. How could SE miss on this??
d) Creating a playlist if you have more than 200 songs is going to be a frustrating job. In the older walkman u just had to mark & unmark the songs which appeared as list which was easy & fast. But now I have to go to each song click more options & then click on add to play list & then add to the play list 1 by 1. I have to do this to every song which is so frustrating cos I have more than 800 songs & 3 options to each song means I have click atleast 2400 times to create separate playlists which is crazy. Now I just play all the songs from the track list.
e) Album art never shows while the song is played, though it is attached to the song.
f) The volume output from the earphones is somehow low compared to the older walkman phones.
11) Network : Good while in strong network area but lags while at fringe areas, lifts & far from the network towers. Nokia is does better in this area.
12) Menu Shorcuts : Very good & intuitive. U can have ur own 15 shortcuts.
13) Basic Functions : Calls, msgng, calender, file manager, settings, radio, calculator, etc all works well & has nothing much to write abt.
14) Quick Office : Very handy function. I carry few of my important but light wieght xl, word, ppt & pdf files on my mobile which i can read & edit on the go.
15) Wlan : Thank god that SE has included Wlan. I browse internet free & fast at the wifi hotspots. I check mails, chat on yahoo & google with my friends comfortably.
16) Applications & Softwares : I have installed atleast 40 games & some 20 various applications & there is been no problem or lags while using them. At times I have more than 10 applications open at a time never did my mobile freeze or reboot. Thanks to its increased RAM, I always have enough memory to handle any number of applications simultaneously. If u guys want free applications & softwares for ur mobile download them from www.getjar.com, www.mobile9.com & www.dotsis.com.
17) Voice Recording : One can voice record as much as space left on ur mobile. But u cannot record a call conversation which was very important function. I dont understand y SE left out this option.
18) Handwriting Recognition : This is a good innovative feature. Now i dont just type or tap my msg but I also manually write my msgs on the screen with my finger nails.
19) GPS : Not available & for me its useless too.
20) PC Connectivity : All pc's with XP & above will identify the mobile as an external hard drive so u dont have to install the cd to connect the mobile to pc. The unique part with this mobile is u can recieve calls while connected to the pc.
21) Accessories : Comes with a spare stylus, software cd, charger, headset & manuals. It has a protective screen. SE also provides a black velvet pouch which is very handy, I always carry my mobile in it cos it protects & it can also b used to wipe ur mobile screen.
So thats it folks. I have touched upon almost all the features & functions that I could remember. I m sure my review will help a lot of u ppl who are not able to decide on this mobile. All I have given above r my practical experiences that I had with my mobile. I must admit that this mobile is not perfect & has its own list of disabilities, but hey so does all the others. I love my mobile & I m sure that this would stay with me for quite some time. I recommend this mobile to all of those ppl who r ready to live with the above cons cos this mobile does fare high against so many mobiles in its category with its unique features. I just wish that it had cost me less, lol!!
basically the ps3 has so much potential. the xbox was never going to win using just DVD discs. Blu-ray is the key i think, not forgetting the shear power the ps3 has under the bonnet.
truely superb machine.
Half of that info i didnt even know!
so Xbox 360 is more of a All-Rounder
while PS3 is the master of 1 FPS
still both consoles are good and have amazing graphics.
so W960i must be the same with N95.
Master of 1 thing?
Hey Next_Level, wats up homie? haha. I prefer the wiis games personally, but the sony/xbox graphics are so much better. (Y) all good consoles.
But back on the subject, does anyone know if the update is available for The UK yet?
Man man what up?
About the PS3 vs. XBOX360, i just wanna say that 360 is the only console that can handle HD games at 1280x768 (or x1024) with 4x AA at 60Fps ! The site GameSpot.com tested both consoles and found that
PS3 cannot provide always steady FPS like 360i.
PS3 is the master of Full HD games (1920x1080). 360 upscale HD games for 1080i monitors.
Anyway, both consoles have great graphics! I also read that the next XBOX and Wii are coming in 2010...
They will support fo' sho' DirectX 10
SE 4 LIFE